Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Default October and Fall is here Thread!!

I've taken the liberty to start a new thread for October which I think is going to be a great month for all of us...

Great News Here... I signed the 60 lb board today!! YEAH!! Wahoo!! I lost 3 lbs sinc Tuesday, FINALLY, The plateau ends!! Great start to my weekend. I'm now officially 190, can't wait to hit the 180's.... so excited I can hardly contain my glee!! Hope his is a good omen for everyone and all of you will see some great drops this weekend or coming week, wishing you all the best :0)
Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #2  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
I've taken the liberty to start a new thread for October which I think is going to be a great month for all of us...

Great News Here... I signed the 60 lb board today!! YEAH!! Wahoo!! I lost 3 lbs sinc Tuesday, FINALLY, The plateau ends!! Great start to my weekend. I'm now officially 190, can't wait to hit the 180's.... so excited I can hardly contain my glee!! Hope his is a good omen for everyone and all of you will see some great drops this weekend or coming week, wishing you all the best :0)
WOOHOO!!! That is truly a great way to start the weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed that you have broken this little curse so many of us seem to have struggled with in September. We will see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully I can make it at least in to the 170's or maybe even enough to sign the 50 lb board. Maybe I should go for an extra long walk tonight.

Great job Karen!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaG View Post
WOOHOO!!! That is truly a great way to start the weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed that you have broken this little curse so many of us seem to have struggled with in September. We will see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully I can make it at least in to the 170's or maybe even enough to sign the 50 lb board. Maybe I should go for an extra long walk tonight.

Great job Karen!
Thanks Teresa, a good long walk sounds like a good plan too... I'm running tonight :0)
Old 10-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Karen - AWESOME job with your WI! Congrats on the 60lbs!

Quote:

Great job Karen!
Teresa- I am with you hoping to sign the 50lb board tomorrow...good luck!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Way to go Karen and Teresa!

Love your profile pic, GWE...lookin' good!

Last edited by funshine; 10-02-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:12 PM   #6  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Way to GO!! Yeah Karen!
And a beautiful night to run in Savannah!
jeanette

Last edited by reuselady; 10-02-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #7  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Great job Karen!
I really hope you are right, Teresa - Too many good people, staying on program, have struggled this past month. We need some good breakthroughs!
Yeah everybody!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Way to go everyone! You're all such an inspiration! I see what you're doing and it tells me that I can do it too. Even when those snacks are calling my name... I will persevere!!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

I took a nice walk this morning, it's finally getting cooler here in north Florida! I'm hoping to start walking every morning. SOOO looking forward to Fall!!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM   #10  
Teresa

Teresa- I am with you hoping to sign the 50lb board tomorrow...good luck![/QUOTE]

Your picture is awesome. I look at you and see what you weigh and then look at me. I weigh 3 lbs more, but you certainly don't look overweight, I do. I'm not beating myself up because from where I was is a definite improvement. Your accomplishments are truly an inspiration. Your goal weight is so much lower than mine. I have been contemplating what mine would actually be when I got closer and I don't think I could make it to 140. You are a little taller than I am. Can I ask what influenced you in setting your goal? I think mine might end up being closer to 150. Who knows though once I get to that point it might change again. 160 is at the high end of the range for my height.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:04 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshine View Post
Way to go Karen and Teresa!

Love your profile pic, GWE...lookin' good!
Funshine - thank you for the compliment...it has taken me years to take a picture of myself...I just had the put this up for you all!

Quote:
Teresa- I am with you hoping to sign the 50lb board tomorrow...good luck!
Your picture is awesome. I look at you and see what you weigh and then look at me. I weigh 3 lbs more, but you certainly don't look overweight, I do. I'm not beating myself up because from where I was is a definite improvement. Your accomplishments are truly an inspiration. Your goal weight is so much lower than mine. I have been contemplating what mine would actually be when I got closer and I don't think I could make it to 140. You are a little taller than I am. Can I ask what influenced you in setting your goal? I think mine might end up being closer to 150. Who knows though once I get to that point it might change again. 160 is at the high end of the range for my height.[/QUOTE]

Teresa - Thank you too, I have struggled with taking pictures for a LONG time and only now feel like I can actually look at myself in a picture. As for stating I don't look overweight is exactly my problem...I am a bit taller but I gain and lose weight as I have mentioned before from my nose to my toes...all over so it distributes evenly, but I have to say the running I have been doing all along has definitely helped in the firming and shaping of my body...My goal is to between 140-150lbs, the weight I was before I went on this roller coaster of a ride gaining all this weight several years ago...I will probably stop at 145, I just want to feel good and to continue eating without starving, what ever that ends up being. Good luck

Last edited by GWE140; 10-02-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 0/62/67

Height: 5'5"

So, I weighed in yesterday and had the tanita done. The numbers all looked great. The one thing I found interesting was that they gave me a "healthy" range this time for my height and I was surprised at what they considered "heathy" for me. At 5'4" they said I should be between 134-158. Has anyone else had their center tell you what your range should be versus letting you tell them/decide what you want to weigh?

Last edited by E4FEwife; 10-02-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #13  
Teresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
So, I weighed in yesterday and had the tanita done. The numbers all looked great. The one thing I found interesting was that they gave me a "healthy" range this time for my height and I was surprised at what they considered "heathy" for me. At 5'4" they said I should be between 134-158. Has anyone else had their center tell you what your range should be versus letting you tell them/decide what you want to weigh?
The counselors at my center have been really great in that area. They have the standard charts posted of what the healthy ranges should be and the range they gave you sounds about right. When I've talked to the counselors about some of the different comments made along these lines, they said what most centers look at when people are allowed to start maintenance isn't their weight, but the numbers from the tanita. I forget the range, but they want our fat % to be at a certain level. Within that range they gave you, you should be able to choose your goal as long as your fat % is within the healthy range.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4FEwife View Post
The Lincoln center ran my numbers and suggested what my ideal weight should be, which I felt was a bit high for my height. The counselor went on to say that the more I lose, the numbers will move around, which will also alter that original target weight. (What she said made sense to me, but I don't think I explained it well here!)

JJ
Old 10-02-2009, 11:18 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Since there's so much talk about pics I thought I should share this: it seems when I look in the mirror I still see the 17lbs heavier me. My son and I were goofing off tonight with the camera and I couldn't believe the few pics of me. They weren't full body shots, but I could tell a huge difference in my face!
Closed Thread