South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally Fantabulous Friday

Good Morning Everyone

My motivation for getting out of bed this morning was to see if we had a hard frost. Not yet, but sometimes our coldest hour can be right before dawn, so we'll see.

As usual, there seems to be more than enough to do so I think I'll make a mental list while I drink coffee and clean up in the kitchen. We loaded the dehydrator with green beans, mushrooms and tomatoes last night so the house is quite fragrant this morning.

We'll head out for Rudi's walk at 7. He met up with 2 Gordon Setters yesterday and had a great time. He wanted to continue on with them and it took some coaxing to get him headed in the right direction. I'll go to the club for ball class and water aerobics and have my exercise checked off early.

Ruth, I am so impressed with your dedication to the gym. That's an incredible achievement! I'm not overly fond of the dreadmill, although I have one at home.

What's on everyones' list today? I always enjoy hearing from all of you.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

right back at you, Lexxiss. We may even see the sun today after what seems like weeks of rain and cloud. I hope to get some plants pulled out of the garden and perhaps a few planted along my foundation wall. As to the gym, I really can't believe it's me, slug for 70 years, who is doing this - and for 90 minutes!

I'm about to shower and get out of here. Today is my day to drive which cramps my style a bit as I need to go to the bank but will have to bring Donna back here. Lots of other stuff on the list too including transforming 4 pounds of ground beef into spaghetti sauce for a dinner tomorrow night. (We are almost halfway there in the fund raisers for the Soccer Girls' trip to Sweden in July 2010.)

My diningroom is still not completely back in order. Of course, I would decide to wash everything before I put it back. Why on earth do I have a dozen martini glasses? If I have that many people, we drink wine! I need to simplify m "stuff".

Have a great Friday as we ease into the first real fall weekend....except for lucky Mermaiden who is in spring. Maybe I'll move!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hurray! It's finally Friday!

Mornin, Debbie and Ruth! I'm sitting down and having a coffee or two with you before starting my day. I already stripped the bed and have a load going in the washer, but that's all I've accomplished so far. While we still have sun this morning, I want to get outside and poke around in the garden. I think it's finally time I cut back my echinacheas and black-eyed Susan's, and I should find homes for the azaleas and other plants that Jake bought at the nursery auction while I was away last weekend. He buys, but I have to plant. I don't have to go in to work until noon, and should be able to come home after I drop the girls off at their riding lessons after school.

Bring on the weekend!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:06 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Debbie - No frost here yet either. How do you dry your tomatoes? I put garlic powder and basil on ours. I realized last year they never make it past the counter because we love eating them

Ruth - You are an exercise inspiration! Hope you get out into the garden to enjoy that sunshine today.

Cottage - I can't believe how much you gals get done before I'm through my morning coffee! I leave a lot of my flower heads through early winter until all the seeds fall off. The finches seem to enjoy them. Of course that goes with my messy lawn

Kierie - I'm on the detox wagon with you. I definitely revert to old bad habits when I'm really down. Been grabbing a bite here and a bite there of things I just don't need. It's high time I cut that out before it becomes winter insulation.

Feeling a bit funky today. I'm still struggling with being the last one left at the job. Went out with the girls last night and we agreed that we would aim for every other Thursday for Thirsty Thursdays. We want to make getting together a priority now that we are in different places.

Meanwhile it's my last unpaid Friday and I have a long list as usual. I'm off to the produce stand to see what's good for drying - probably eggplant and/or peppers and some broccoli. Sunday's weather looks good for birding so we want to get all the household chores out of the way today and tomorrow. I have a list with target times - now to work through it! A walk is on the agenda, something I definitely need.

Now to the list. Have a good Friday
Old 10-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
I have the day off of school today (fair day) and I'm milking it for all it's worth. I'm actually taking a day off from the gym and we are going to New Orleans to meet friends for lunch at the River Shack. They live spread out around the country now...It's a father and his two daughters. My parents were friends with the Dad and one of the daughters is my age. They moved from N.O. in the early 70's but we've kept up with each other and I used to go on trips with the family when I was a kid. The Daddy is now 91! Haven't seen him in over 30 years, so it will be like a family reunion. Can't wait.
Afterwards we are going to scout out some fall veggie plants and just hang out in N.O. for a while, then come back here and hit our usual friday night hang out.

It has been raining here for weeks..hot and rainy. We actually had a couple of mornings of fall for the past few days...now it's rainy but a tad bit cooler.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-02-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Cat! Great to hear from you. Have a great day off and enjoy your reunion and your evening of fun.

Cyndi, pick some good stuff for me at the market. We don't put anything on our tomatoes(all cherry) just slice in half and dry. Kirk snacks on them until he runs out. I hope your chores are speedy and you're enjoying your day off soon.

Cottage, I'm actually making dinner. Your good vibes are rubbing off on me. The plant thing is just the opposite at our house; I buy them and make Kirk plant them. It sounds like your day isn't too hectic-enjoy. I'm glad to have another Survivor out of the way.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning from a rainy Beautiful Remlap,

Debbie, Tell me about your ball class. Is it a stability ball?

Ruth, I have more dishes than any one person needs, too. I have a dozen Ball jars with handles taking up room.

Cottage, You said you put pecans in your roast veggies. Do you put them in at the beginning or at the last minute? I have a gallon of pecan halfs in my freezer. Yum!

Cyndi, My yard is 'rustic', at best, too. Enjoy your last Friday!

Cat, I miss hearing about all your NO adventures. Enjoy something yummy for me.

Me: I bet my desk is a wreck, being out of the office for the past two days. It's going to be a busy one. We have a forensic interview with twins. That should be an adventure.

Tomorrow I'm working a community charity fair. WOW, it's been a long week! But, one week from today, we are heading to the beach for the Shrimp Festival. Hooray!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I hope you find some goodies at the farmstand today. Have you tried drying green beans? They're fantastic with smoky Chipotle seasoning on them. As for the flowers, the birds have already feasted on the seedheads and moved on.

Cat, it's great to hear from you, and your day sounds like such fun! Hopefully the sun will come out and make for a pretty day.

Chelby, I add the pecans for the last few minutes, just long enough for them to toast. I love the nutty flavor mixed with the veggies.

I soaked some adzuki beans overnight and now they're simmering on the stove. I'm going to add some of them to my squash and brussels sprouts mixture for my lunch, and use the rest in a curry later. It's looking overcast, now that it's daylight, but I still want to try to get some work done in my flowerbeds.

See you all later, and have a great day!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:26 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Mornin' Chelby

I hope your desk gets cleaned off and you are home for the weekend in a breeze! This is only my second ball class and with a different instructor so I'll let you know. I guess its a stability ball-big and you sit on it??

Have a great day!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Debbie, Have you tried a push up on the ball yet? Almost busted my face!

In the middle of my desk is a pile of files about 4 inches tall. One of my coworkers accidentally spilled her coffee on my desk. So there are original files and copies without coffee. At least she cleaned it up!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #11  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

good morning!

Wow, you all have been up for HOURS! I've been up less than an hour and am still on my first cup of coffee.

Not much to do today. Probably look for full-time jobs and clean my bedroom. Gotta do a little shopping.. Interesting, I know. heh.

Tonight should be fun, though. My roommate the dj has a karaoke gig and it's "fun hat" night!! I'm thinking about going to the party store and getting myself a purple top hat!

No alcohol tonight. That's my goal. I'm only on day 2 phase 1 so gotta stay on track. Shouldn't be too difficult to pass on the alcohol. I know I can do it!

There was a time in my past where I pouted and whined at myself anytime I didn't get something I wanted. I had NO discipline. But discipline is good. Sacrifice is worth the rewards. And I can pout and whine at myself all I want... I'm drinkin water and maybe a non caffinated soda tonight!
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

WOW you were all up so early today I just cant seem to get out of bed until the last possible minute.

My garden is blooming away and we have butterflies all over the place....I love it and it always puts a smile on my face We tried to plant veggies and the only thing that really were really able to produce were tomatoes, peppers and onions. We dont have a huge property so we do a lot of container plants. However, there is an area in the back of my house that I would like my husband to build up so we can have a veggie garden. The soil in Florida is mostly rock and sand so its hard to plant in the ground.

I had the funniest dream last night I was in the grocery store with my 6 year old daughter and I told her to please get a bottle of ketchup. She came back with a gallon size bottle of Heinz that was low carb and was so excited that she found it for me. I of course had to go check the price and when I saw that it was $25 I freaked out. Pretty crazy that I am dreaming about the cost of low carb eating!!

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 10-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #13  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

well I'm back from shopping... and now I'm broke again. GAH. I just have to keep reminding myself that eating GOOD food is cheaper in the long run and worth it for my health and wellbeing.

On the upside... I went to the party store and did find myself a purple velvet top hat for karaoke fun hat night!! Hopefully I'll have some pics to post tomorrow!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #14  
sophie

Good afternoon,
Last night I went to bed at 10 and was thru sleeping by 1:30 how do you early birds sleep till 5 or 6. So once again the day has gone by so quickly. I was on earlier and was going to write on the daily thread but DH called me away. After lunch I drove down to a huge health food store about 1/2 hr from home and was able to buy Almond Milk. Had a taste of it and its delicious. Can't wait to have it on my oatmeal. They also have such a great variety of flours. Will have to educate myself on how to use some of them to bake some bread in the bread machine or maybe check the recipes, I am sure Cyndi has posted something in there. Thanks Laurie for moving my recipe for baked apples to a separate thread, as I said Steve was standing impatiently and waiting for me. Hope everyone has a nice start for the weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Gothik, KD and Sophie

Sophie, I knit in the wee hours in winter. I rarely sleep past 3. Your baked apples look yummy!

Gothik, hope you have fun tonight.

KD, Too funny on your dream! It looks like SB is plugged into your brain. Your garden sounds wonderful! When you describe it, I am reminded of my Brothers' yard in Key West-beautiful year round.

We had a nice day. It did frost between 5-6, so I'm waiting for the neighbor kids to get home from school and I'll let them harvest the pumpkins. I don't want them to freeze anymore. Kirk is making a lumber list for new stairs in the back and will start in the morning. I have green chile stew simmering on the stove-too bad cornbread is for me. I just won't make it since I'll eat it it its there.

I'm looking forward to a nice weekend.
Closed Thread