Old 10-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Unhappy It had to happen sometime I guess

I have a confession I made muffins today. Now I often make muffins... I run a daycare. But today... I ate muffins.

Three muffins.

and an extra slice of sprouted grain bread with peanut butter.

sigh.

Now the one muffin was accounted for. But I had to SERIOUSLY cut back on dinner to try to make up the calories for the other two and the bread/peanut butter.

When all's said and done (with a 6 inch, 310 calorie sub for dinner) I end up with 1677 calories for the day. So it's not the calories that bugs me...

IT'S THAT I DID THIS! I NEVER binge. and it was. Mindless eating. It was horrible.

sigh. I guess I'm not as good at this as I thought I was.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #2  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, you've lost...what...152 pounds and you just ate more than you had specifically planned for the first time in a year? You SUCK at this.

Perpective, dear. You were caught with your guard down for some reason. You coped, which someone who actually DID suck at this wouldn't do. Get back up. Move along.

Last edited by sidhe; 10-01-2009 at 08:56 PM.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #3  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

You know what, it happens. I had a beer today. It was one beer. 12 grams of carb. Took me way over my daily allowance. I forgive myself...tomorrow will be better. You too. Tomorrow will be better. It will!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

IF they were whole grain muffins consider it a cry for fiber...lol! You are doing great, you are an inspiration and a few slip ups are okay. Tomorrow is another day, one that you can rock the hades out of. Good luck on your tomorrow.
Mango30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh my darling. This has nothing with you being "good". YOU are good and wonderful and kind and generous and sweet and, and, and.

And most of all - you are human. H - U - M - A - N. Human.

Welcome to the club!!!

I remember the first time I discovered that I was - human. I was shocked. I mean how could I? I had been so *perfect* for so long. Ha. But like you said, I felt it was BOUND to happen. And actually I was kinda relieved when it did happen. Because then I went firmly back to plan. No harm done. And it gave me the confidence to know that although I had fallen a tad, I DIDN'T STAY DOWN. I knew that one off episode was not the end of my journey, but just PART of my journey.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on dear friend. Move on. Forgive yourself. If that's even the right term. It's not like you murdered someone. Breathe. Relax. And before you know it, this will be long forgotten.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I know how you feel but you have done so well! Here's a big hug for ya
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #7  

You're such an inspiration to us all - so pat yourself on the back for what you've accomplished so far, pat yourself on the back for being honest, and especially pat yourself on the back for getting right back on program. We love ya!!
waquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Thanks everyone. Your words were just what I needed to hear right now.. big sigh. Things are going crosseyed in my world and it just snuck right up on me.

*deep breath* I will eat my dinner tonight. I will get in my water, I won't let this get me down.

Oh and the muffins WERE oatmeal, with flax seed... and chocolate chips (but just a few... lol)
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #9  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

cfmama it was like my Twix bar yesturday. Dont cry over spilled milk. Jest clean it up and move on that's what I did. Your weight loss is nothing to sneeze at. Tomorrow is another day you can do it .
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #10  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Warm - fresh from the oven - baked goods get me too! Even now.

Great job accounting for it with adjusting your plan.

No harm done - and lesson learned. Some temptations never go away!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #11  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

You are AWESOME at this. You are amazing. Einstein messed up calculations sometimes, a few muffins do not mean you don't still totally rock at this. Tomorrow is another day.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

You are human. What advice would you give someone else? Forgive yourself and just keep going.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #13  
Good things happen.

Height: 5' 4"

Three muffins and a slice of bread is a binge?

You've done a great job, cut yourself some slack and chalk it up to an off moment.
Serendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #14  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

If you never slipped up, how would you learn what you need to learn to withstand temptation the next time? Take a step back and look at this whole thing objectively. What possible causes led you to eat off-plan? Is there anything you can do to keep this from happening to you again?

Don't be too hard on yourself. You are always so kind and understanding to all of the rest of us. You deserve the same kindness and understanding for yourself.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 PM   #15  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Girlie...it happens. You caught yourself and are aware of what just happened. Which is a big thing....bigger yet I know you'll be even more diligent about it not happening like that again.

Just count it, own it and move on
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote