Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Post The 2 to 5 pounds a week - Help!

I went to the consultation and they told me that I will lose 2 - 5 pounds a week and how long it will take to reach my goal.
I read the newbie thread and it said that you can hit a plateau within the first 2 to 3 weeks. I don't understand. How can I lose 2 - 5 pounds a week if I hit a plateau as early as 2 or 3 weeks? I need help. I plan to start the program tomorrow
bjwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't believe that you will hit a plateau in only 2-3 weeks. Typically on any diet you lose faster in the beginning. The plateau hits when you have been dieting for awhile and are doing everything right. It can last for weeks and is frustrating. Bur you will start to lose again. I think this has happened to many of us. Do not give up , you will be succesful.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

The plateau is typical after the first couple of weeks on program - my experience is it lasts generally a week - 2 weeks. My average is just under 3 lbs per week - on program since July. Just be consistent and you will pass through the plateau and continue to lose again. In my case there seems to be a pattern forming, where I will lose a couple of weeks and then stall, then lose. Good luck to you on program. You will find it does work.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:22 PM   #4  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwizzy View Post
I went to the consultation and they told me that I will lose 2 - 5 pounds a week and how long it will take to reach my goal.
I read the newbie thread and it said that you can hit a plateau within the first 2 to 3 weeks. I don't understand. How can I lose 2 - 5 pounds a week if I hit a plateau as early as 2 or 3 weeks? I need help. I plan to start the program tomorrow
Hello,

I hit a plateau right after pre-conditioning for 1 and half weeks. I stayed exactly the same..Once I got over that hump I went to WI and lost 4 pounds then 3 and in one month I lost 19.5 ponds. Your center should have a sheet on plateaus that'll explain why our body goes through them. It's very encouraging to read about, then you'll be glad when your body hits a plateau.

BTW- Most generally when your body hits a plateau you usually drop a lot of weight after so that's a good thing.. I wish you well on your plan.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/175/145

Height: 5'8"

WHEW! Thanks everyone this really helped. I feel so much better. I'm excited about this new lifestyle!
bjwizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwizzy View Post
I have been losing an average of 4-6 pounds per week since I started August 17th. Some weeks I lose, but there were a couple weigh ins where I gained a 1/2 pound but the Tanita said it was muscle so that was good. You will hit plateues on any weight loss program, but they don't last forever.. You will do fine. We are all here with you to help get you over the humps..
Cheers!

Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 182/164/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
I have been losing an average of 4-6 pounds per week since I started August 17th. Some weeks I lose, but there were a couple weigh ins where I gained a 1/2 pound but the Tanita said it was muscle so that was good. You will hit plateues on any weight loss program, but they don't last forever.. You will do fine. We are all here with you to help get you over the humps..
Cheers!

Ronnie

Are you on the green menu? Do you exersize? I am stuck at a plateau now for 2 weeks...I feel like giving up but know that I need to keep with it...I just hate feeling like I'm wasting time.
gish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/207/150

Height: 5´4

What is on the green menu, i am currently on the beige and have seven pounds to go to start on the green, what can i expect? Would someone email me the green menu?
lizbeth43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/207/150

Height: 5´4

Default looking for what to expect on the green menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbeth43 View Post
What is on the green menu, i am currently on the beige and have seven pounds to go to start on the green, what can i expect? Would someone email me the green menu?
lizbeth43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gish24 View Post
Are you on the green menu? Do you exersize? I am stuck at a plateau now for 2 weeks...I feel like giving up but know that I need to keep with it...I just hate feeling like I'm wasting time.
I am on the blue menu which I think is the last one we get. I started with a yellow one I think. The only excercise I am doing is walking 30-60 minutes a day but I have an active job so that helps. You are not wasting your time, you just have to hang in there. If you are concerned you might want to talk to the gals at your MRC center. My gals are great and really helpful. Are you drinking all the water? That really seems to help alot. Of course the millions of trips to the bathroom is a bummer but if it gets the weight off I will live in there if I have to. Hang in and don't give up on it..

Cheers!
Ronnie
Old 10-02-2009, 04:36 AM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post

I am on the blue menu which I think is the last one we get. I started with a yellow one I think. The only excercise I am doing is walking 30-60 minutes a day but I have an active job so that helps. You are not wasting your time, you just have to hang in there. If you are concerned you might want to talk to the gals at your MRC center. My gals are great and really helpful. Are you drinking all the water? That really seems to help alot. Of course the millions of trips to the bathroom is a bummer but if it gets the weight off I will live in there if I have to. Hang in and don't give up on it..

Cheers!
Ronnie
Ronnie - The blue menu? I was put on the blue menu from days 5 to 10 only as the green is the final step started on day 11 until I reach goal, blue is more restrictive, I am just interested to why you were put on blue beyond day 10 as I have not heard of anyone staying on the blue menu. Is your blue menu titled Meta-Slim Days 5 through 10?

Last edited by GWE140; 10-02-2009 at 04:40 AM.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWE140 View Post
Ronnie - The blue menu? I was put on the blue menu from days 5 to 10 only as the green is the final step started on day 11 until I reach goal, blue is more restrictive, I am just interested to why you were put on blue beyond day 10 as I have not heard of anyone staying on the blue menu. Is your blue menu titled Meta-Slim Days 5 through 10?
Sorry you are correct! I am on the green menu.. I just eat the food and I guess I really don't pay attention to the color of the menus. So the green is the last one until we lose the weight?

Ronnie