Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 05:15 PM   #1  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Default Cardio Alterna-challenge

I just embraced my "alternachick" side, reclaiming it from the "mommy" I've become by dying my hair back to my unnatural but much loved black as the black hole black. I did my 7 year old sons hair too, since he was begging for it. I havn't felt this good in years. I feel like me again...lol! Now, i just need to shift this extra mommy weight and I'll be all me all the time.

If anyone is up for a challenge, which I am, always, I wanted to throw one out there. I need a little motivation to get my butt to the gym for cardio. I have no problem getting there for my zumba class, but the other two days (my goal is four days a week) the thought of the elliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike makes me want to take a shot of vodka and a nap.

Now, I'm not proposing that everybody do cardio 4X a week, you can set your own goal there, but I thought that maybe we could assign a point system.

How long will it run you ask? How about a solid 90 days starting tomorrow, 10.01.09. Since the challenge starts on a Thursday the weeks will be tracked Thur-Wed.

What is the incentive? A hawt bod of course!

The point system:
5 points for each week you meet your excercise goals.
1 additional point for exceeding your weekly goal (as stated below in Metal Chicks post).
1 additional point awarded per week if, in that week, you participated in a walk/run or race for a charitable cause.

Point losses:
Lose a point for skipping a workout (we are, of course, using the honor system so honesty is the LAW...lol).

Does this sound fun to anybody? I hope so, or I'll feel quite sheepish for throwing myself out there.

Last edited by Mango30; 09-30-2009 at 08:25 PM. Reason: adding additional points and point losses.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  
Beings fats is brutals

Height: 5'10

I'm in! I'll probably just be doing cardio at home. Comcast On Demand has Exercise TV and I've been doing different programs on there. I'm pretty sure I won't be participating in anything that would require I be in public. haha I'm just not that comfortable yet.

How about 5 points for meeting your goals and 1 point for each time you go BEYOND your goal?

Like if you meet your goal that would be 5 points, But you exercised a fifth day, or twice in one day, you get another point or something? That would inspire people to get their asses in gear. What about losing points if you don't meet your goal?

Either way, I'll commit to continuing my cardio 5xs a week, AND I want to start working out (though not as hard) on my off days too. I want to start viewing exercise as something I always have time and energy for. I want to change my mind that it has to be time-consuming and tiring so I don't make excuses to avoid it! Every bit counts, right?

And I'm so glad you're feeling more "You", Mango. I totally understand what you mean. I'm trying to wipe the dust off my soul as well.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #3  
This means war...

S/C/G: 277/237/199

Height: 5'2"

Hi! *waves obnoxiously*

Thank you for joining me! I'll ammend the points to include your suggestions, great ideas!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:59 AM   #4  
traveller chick

S/C/G: 80/79.5/65 (KG)

Height: 5'6''

Hey Im in!!

But i think i go for 3x a week exercise
Closed Thread