Old 09-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #1  

Unhappy sick(and off-plan)

And by off-plan, I mean I have absolutely no appetite, save for some incredibly high-in-sodium chicken broth and Sprite Zero(I love soda and bubbles for a sore throat). I have a fever, aches, sore throat, fatigue, nauseau/diarrhea(sorry tmi), and general apathy. I am in ROME and all I did today was lie in bed.

And of course, it's tough to maintain a healthy eating plan. Mostly soup and a regular Coke. I didn't really want the coke, but the nice man at the reception desk felt bad for me and I didn't want to hurt his feelings(I also don't know the Italian for "I don't drink sugared sodas").

I hate being sick and missing out on an opportunity like ROME. At least I saw the Vatican museum...
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #2  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh that's awful! Bad enough to be sick, but while in Rome?? Shouldn't happen!
Don't worry about drinking the Coke, you have to just focus on getting better. You'll be right back on plan when you are well!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #3  

Of course my mother is calling me freaking out about the swine flu...Hopefully I will get to come back!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I know how you feel peachykeen i have been sick since monday i was able to exercise on monday but since then i havent exercised and my eating has been off plan too but my plan is too probably not weigh in this week and concentrate on getting better and get back on plan asap as soon as im better. Hope you feel better soon!

Heather
hbieber2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I got sick in Seville while on vacation in Spain. I totally know your pain and disappointment.
I wouldn't worry about your plan. You need to focus on getting better. Make sure you're drinking enough other fluids to counter the amount you're loosing.
Take care of yourself
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #6  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Oh man... that SUCKS! I have vague memories of a vacation (can't remember which though) that that happened to me... :/ Feel better chickie!
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hope you get feeling better soon.

When I have what you've described, I do what makes me feel better, hopefully it's just a bug and in a few days you'll feel better.

A few days of sick and off plan is not a crisis or a deal breaker, your plan will be ok.

I'm sure all of us have food and drink we prefer when we are sick. For the stomach/intestinal flu, I like Chamomille tea, crackers, 7 up, peanut butter and crackers, for colds and other flu, I like chicken soup, chamomille tea, the heating pad, tomato soup and crackers with butter on them, and ice cream or popsicles for my sore throat, or my fave is DQ malts, for my sore throat.

A few days of being sick is just something we all have to deal with now and then, and do what we must to feel better and get over it.

When you are feeling better, then you can worry about getting back on plan.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 311.5/289.5/150

Height: 5'6"

If I was your mother I would be freaking out that you are sick in a foreign country, so make sure you call her every day! Just a mom's point of view.

Did you go see a doctor? If you have health insurance you can call them and they will tell you who to go see in Europe. I know Blue cross does this.

I know it's probably just a virus and that you will recover soon but it is a real bummer to be sick on vacation. Drink a lot of bottled water and chicken soup.

Last edited by Suezeeque; 10-01-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Suezeeque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #9  

Oh man ice cream/sorbet is my biggest temptation when I have a sore throat! I LOVE the feeling of something ice cold on my ravaged throat . I haven't been able to find chicken soup yet, but plenty of Sprite Zero(I love citrus sodas when sick too) and nice cold water. I find anything going down my throat needs to be either cold or hot. No in betweens.

If I'm still sick when I get to France, I will go to a doctor. I'll be back on Thursday and it will be easier with the program leaders there. Thanks for the support!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hope you feel better soon.

Honestly, as far as the ice cream or sorbet.. I would be eating them for now, just don't go crazy. For me, it's important to get something in me when I'm sick, it doesn't matter what that something is. It helps to feel better if you aren't starving to death on top of feeling like crap.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #11  

Well, today was the day I planned for gelato.