Old 06-20-2009, 08:53 AM   #1  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Default Flex Talk #18

Time for a new thread!

Here's a place where we can discuss Flex and WW, as well as issues of our everyday lives. New Flexers are always welcome, so please join in, to give and get support and encouragement on your weight loss journey.

Flexers that attend meetings, At-Home Flexers, and anyone just curious about Flex are all welcome here.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Everybody on vacation? This is the month for it. We're taking long weekends instead of a whole week off. We floated down the Delaware river about 9-10 miles last weekend in our kayaks, it was great.

how's ev1 doing?
Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Keli! When did you come back? I'm thrilled to see you here again!!

Kayaking on the river sounds fantastic! I'm headed to a state park in PA for five days of camping with college buddies at the end of the month, and am incredibly excited about it. I can't wait! It's just about the only vacation I have planned this summer....
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Hi Jaime,

Just came back in the last few weeks. Finally getting on some kind of regular schedule and after gaining back about 20 lbs. decided that's not my lifestyle, so I'm back on program and chipping away at the extra lbs.

You look fantastic, congrats on your success.

Kayaking is great, for me anyway, I seem to have a knack for it. We're just taking long weekends, no planned vacation, we were talking about Maine, maybe next year, I'd love to kayak Acadia.

Enjoy your camping trip, which state park are you guys camping at?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #5  

I hear Acadia is beautiful. I have never been in a kayak - they kinda freak me out, I'm paranoid about rolling over and not being able to wiggle out

We're going to Little Pine state park, which is kind of north central PA. I'm really looking forward to it (and my 2-day work week next week!).

I've already been trying to think about healthy camping food... We'll have a couple of coolers but I don't want to take anything that spoils easily. I think I can do oatmeal in the mornings, roasted root veg and some kind of protein at dinner... Lunch and snacks I have not yet figured out. I still have some time to plan though.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #6  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Hello Ladies,

Hi, I am Ashley. This is my second time on WW. First time I was smaller and lost the 40 lbs I needed to. Now I started on June 15, 2009 at my heaviest ever after two children, a loss, and a whacked thyroid. 217.0, that's right, but after a week back I feel so much better and my first WI was a loss of 3.6 lbs.

Anyway, I am a newbie since yesterday when I stumbled on the site. I have posted else where but just saw this thread. I am currently in Germany via the Army (my husband is in) and so summer is a strange thing, well the weather any ways. We've been getting out and around more and I have taken to walking with a girlfriend at night. We like it, it gets us out alone and my dogs like the extra walking as well.

There is so much to see being over here, but our family vacation is to a lodge and resort down in Southern Germany from July 9-13. I look forward to seeing how it goes with me on WW and on vacation. I am already planning what snacks to take and I even think I am going to have my husband lug my Wii-Fit down as well. There will be loads of walking to do, but just in case..ya know. Planning ahead, now that's a big step for me when it comes to food.

Look forward to meeting any or all of you,
Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #7  

Welcome to 3FC Ashley! Congrats on your loss so far, you are off to a fantastic start!

Walking is great exercise. I need to get out and walk more often. I am currently using my broken iPod as an excuse not to walk or run... I used to be big into running but ever since I moved to a new neighborhood I just don't feel as comfortable running outdoors, and I HATE treadmills. Alas.

Good plan on being prepared. I bet you'll have a blast on your vacation!

Last night I had a big salad for dinner. I thought it would turn out well but I was less than impressed with it ultimately... I had all these cherry tomatoes that were getting wrinkly and sad so I chopped them up and had a tomato-heavy salad. A couple hours later my tummy rebelled... I can't think what made me sick except maybe the tomatoes were just a little *too* past their prime... Ick. I'm okay today but I think I will be a little more discriminating about the age of my vegetables now
Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

Suite,

For snacks I think fruits, I got some great oranges yesterday, and granola, nuts, esp. if you're doing more of a core type excuse me "filling foods". If you like peanuts, maybe the kind you shell and then you can throw your shells in the campfire...

Just enjoy, do the best you can and then hit it hard again when you get back..

welcome Ash! I work for Dept. of the Army in PA. Keep walking, I will, too!
best to all
Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 AM   #9  
ASHABROAD

Thanks Ladies,

Hard to believe I am already on week 3. I guess time just truly does fly! I had a small gain today. I am not shocked or surprised. Just gotta focus this week and plan for the 4 day weekend for the 4th of July, which I am doing. NSV, my jeans are feeling tons loser in the thigh area, continued walking with my friend, and today I just printed out two things I can make for the bbq we're having with friends on Friday.

I just looked at my calendar though, Thursday's the zoo, Friday's the bbq, Saturday, the 4th of July fair, Sunday is Church and a movie, and Monday is Go-carting. Is it me or am I going to just have to plan, plan, plan..the one thing I struggle with of course on weekends!

If anyone has planning tips I am more than willing to hear...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #10  

How is everyone doing? How did people handle the holiday weekend?

Camping was kind of a mess - I had a fantastic time and mostly stuck to my eating plan. People brought chips to share though, and that got me. I haven't weighed myself since coming back as TOM showed up and that's going to skew the scale for a few days anyway - so we'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #11  
ASHABROAD

Well I lost this week after my slight gain last week for a total loss of 4.7 lbs in three weeks. I was dorky (since I am a Mom and I am into charts) I made myself a chart so I can stick stars up when I loose 5 and 10 lbs. I figure if it motivates my son to potty train maybe when I start seeing them up there, I will remain focused on the goal.

We go on vacation this Thursday and I must admit I am a little nervous. I bought a ton of healthy stuff to take with us, but I still can't help, but wonder. German food is soo good and tempting and we will have to eat dinner there (so four days.) so I am hoping with my planning I will remain good and not to mention there are a lot of outdoor activities which I hope will help as well.

Wish me luck!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #12  
ASHABROAD

Well I lost this week after my slight gain last week for a total loss of 4.7 lbs in three weeks. I was dorky (since I am a Mom and I am into charts) I made myself a chart so I can stick stars up when I loose 5 and 10 lbs. I figure if it motivates my son to potty train maybe when I start seeing them up there, I will remain focused on the goal.

We go on vacation this Thursday and I must admit I am a little nervous. I bought a ton of healthy stuff to take with us, but I still can't help, but wonder. German food is soo good and tempting and we will have to eat dinner there (so four days.) so I am hoping with my planning I will remain good and not to mention there are a lot of outdoor activities which I hope will help as well.

Wish me luck!
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 296/292/146

Height: 5'7

Planning is one of the keys, isn't it? I'm very good at writing things down on paper, but not so good at carrying them out That's one of the reasons I gained so much weight.

Ashley, I don't think the stars idea is "dorky" at all. Whatever works!
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 228/216/125

Default Starting WW.....again

Hi everyone! Read some of your posts and you all seem so nice I think I'll stay awhile if you'll have me! My story is similar to alot of peoples, I'm about 5' 1" and have always had weight issues but not like now. Let me explain....I was in high school at 130 and was thought to be "over-weight" because of my height. I felt great though. Graduated school and got an office job...sitting...and gained weight. Not alot. Met a guy, was good for awhile, got comfortable....gained weight. Had a baby....gained weight. Relationship went down the drain...gained weight. Didn't want to smoke anymore for the "baby" (he's 10 now by the way!) and for my own health but....gained weight. Does anyone notice a pattern? Well, I'm tired of being tired and I miss my old clothes! Yes I still have a pair of Levi's from high school...they were the best! I started WW on Monday and I'm following the points system. So far so good...very easy too...if you plan ahead. Well, I rambled long enough. Glad to be here and will let you know how it goes!
1 NJ mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #15  
ASHABROAD

Mollie: Thanks, I figure I am visual person by nature, so I thought I should do it like it would be done at meetings. I should get my 1st start on Monday!!!

1NJ: Way to take control. I had to come to that place too, where I said enough is enough. I have had life happen to me too and finally June 15th I said I have done this before, I want to get healthy, and so here I am - it's slow going but I am losing and that's what counts. So, if you ever need anything just hollar..

To everyone else I hope you're well.
I;ll be back on Monday! Going on vacation!