Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #1  
Really gonna do it!!

S/C/G: 215/209/155

Height: 5'7"

Talking I found a way to fit in some exercise!!!

I'm new here, and in the first week of trying to do a once-and-forever weight loss/healthy me transformation (wow, that's a mouthful)...

My problem has always been figuring out how to fit in time to exercise. I have 2 kids, ages 6 and 4, and I work full-time. My commute to work takes 1 to 1.5 hours, each way. That doesn't leave much 'me' time...and I admit it, I love to use this 'me' time to watch tv and surf the internet...not to mention find a bit of time for my husband!!!

So today, I ate a quick meal for lunch, and then went walking during my lunch hour. I'm lucky enough to have a very supportive boss...so no one is counting the minutes I'm gone. I work in downtown Atlanta, just about .3 miles away from Centennial Olympic Park...so I went to the park and walked 2.45 miles during my lunch break!!! And now I don't have to stress about trying to find time tonight!!!! I'm sooooooo happy!!!

I borrowed a friend's portable gps (you wear it like a watch) and it lets me track my distances exactly (which is important to me...I'm into numbers)...so I'm going to try to do this as much as my workload allows. Yaaaay!!!
DoubleDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

I don't know Atlanta, but that sounds like a great idea! Congrats!
loquaciousjogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'm glad you found something you can do for yourself and that you are excited about it. Excitement = Motivation!

Maybe you can encourage others to walk with you.

I like to wear a Heart Rate Monitor when I exercise, I don't believe its perfectly accurate {especially the calorie count} but I like seeing the numbers on the timer click by; I find that motivating too!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-29-2009 at 04:16 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

That's awesome- I am just too lazy to walk on my lunch break- I use that time to crochet
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

If you like numbers then you would LOVE a pedometer! I put it on as soon as I walk out of the house and it counts ALL your steps, from your front door to the car, from the car to the office, from your desk to the restroom, everything! The Omron is the best and not too expensive (can't remember but maybe $35?).

While you're at it find even more time to exercise without "exercising." Park far away in the lot, use the stairs, walk to the grocery, etc. These little plug in exercises really add up on the pedometer! Good luck and keep at it!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #6  
Really gonna do it!!

S/C/G: 215/209/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone!!

And guess what? I did it AGAIN today!! 2.47 miles walking in the park!!

I love using this little GPS watch thingy!!! It is soooo cool! Not good indoors, so maybe I will think about a pedometer for my "indoor time"...thanks!
DoubleDomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Good for you! You are an excellent example of what can be done when we put our minds to it!

I'm so happy for you!!!!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Double on the walk, if there's a will there IS a way
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote