Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/179/120

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Back to me

I used to be small and gained a lot of weight after some unfortunate life events. It took years for me to feel ok in my body. I hid from the world in fat I accumulated around my small frame.
I am tired of being invisible and want my life back. I started a modified South Beach a few days ago and have already lost a few pounds. I started at 185 and am down to 181 so far. I have a long way to go to return to the size I was for all but three years of my adult life.
I'll keep posting about what I am doing. Right now I am doing it with the Biggest Loser TV show. It's easier this way. I know people have their opinion about the show but for me, it works. I got my food right, former carb and sugar adict, and now will get my workout right. I can't believe I used to be so athletic. I used to swim a mile in the morning, one at night and still ran or lifted weights during the day. I don't know how I did it. I had energy to burn and now I feel tired and sluggish.
Char72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 380/380/198

Height: 6'3

Best of luck on your goals! If oyu stick to it you can do it. Being sluggish can be just from the way you eat and not working out. Once you get back in to it you will see that old you slowly return.
Nate0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Back to you sounds like a great place to get back to.

You can SO do this. You can - and you should. And you ARE!!

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #4  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

I love that "Back to me". That is so true. I know I am lost in my weight. I always laugh that I have the opposite problem from people with anorexia. I look in the mirror and see a much thinner me than what is actually standing there. There is sooo much life I am not living because of my weight.

Best of luck to you. I hope you have found your right path to freedom from your weight.
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #5  

Height: 6'1

You have a great attitude and I know that you will be able to get to your goals by sticking to it. I just started South Beach yesterday myself.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #6  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

i did the same thing. i have SEVERE panic attacks to the point of agoraphobia. when i was at my heaviest, i never wanted to leave the house or see anyone. i chalked it up to the anxiety, but a lot of the anxiety was fear of people talking about how much weight id gained behind my back, making fun of me, and also just the fact that i felt bad about myself and embarrassed. i am JUST now starting to feel somewhat comfortable with the way i look. i know im not thin or even average, but i dont feel HUGE any more. ive noticed that im getting out of the house more and not so nervous to see people. it will happen to you to and it is totally worth it. best motivation in the world, getting your life back.

Last edited by juliastl27; 09-29-2009 at 01:02 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #7  
To war!

S/C/G: 194/ticker/135?

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypeanutj View Post
I always laugh that I have the opposite problem from people with anorexia. I look in the mirror and see a much thinner me than what is actually standing there.
I had the same problem, I was in some profound state of denial, living off the memories of an old self and wondering why I wore size 16 pants when I wasn't that fat.

It's very hard to confront what we've done to our bodies, but pictures don't lie. I am obese, there's no two ways about it. Luckily I found it within myself to fix it before it got worse.
Tante Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #8  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Clara View Post
It's very hard to confront what we've done to our bodies, but pictures don't lie. I am obese, there's no two ways about it. Luckily I found it within myself to fix it before it got worse.
Very true Aunt Clara I was and still am shocked at how big I am when I look at pictures. I think my arms are as big as my legs use to be.

Just more inspiration to keep trudging on
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/179/120

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for your support. I can't tell you how important it is to me. It's like, I come here to celebrate small victories. I am down a few more pounds.
I decided that I am going to watch all sorts of television. I don't have cable but the machines at my gym has cable. So, I told myself I can watch as much television as I want...as long as it is on a machine.
Yesterday I watched America's Next Top Model. It was the best workout I never realized I was doing. It was great. Today I have Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice on the treadmill, walking, and maybe the bike for PP.
Char72 is offline   Reply With Quote