Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #1  

Default First weigh in tips?

So, im off to my first WI on Thurs night, anyone got any tips on what i could do the day before WI to maximise weight loss and get the best results on the night?
Not that i think i havent lost anything, but you always get that extra motivation when you lose that bit more than you were expecting.
And no, im not touching laxatives or starving myself for the entire day! lol x
angel1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #2  

Height: 5,1"

Personally I always weigh in the morning...I'm always like 3 or 4 lbs heavier at night time!
CatRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #3  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

yeah night time weight is tricky. depends so much on what you ate and what you're wearing. i can fluctuate up to 5 lb. id keep track at home too if i were you to get a better baseline weight. first thing in the morning, in undies or nude, after using the bathroom is how i do it once a week. maybe weigh at home on the next morning after your meetings to keep better track?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

lol i'm most certainly not promoting bad eating habits but on my weigh in nights i would stay away from stodgy foods, and stick with soups, liquids and light food. I always weigh myself in the morning too, just so I know where I'm at. Good luck!!!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #5  
Working My Way Back Down

I don't think it matters when you weigh yourself, as long as you're consistent with when you weigh. There will be a difference between evenings and mornings, but if you always weigh in the evening, you'll see what you're losing, it'll just likely be higher than you weigh in the mornings.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #6  
slowNsteady wins the race

S/C/G: 191/ticker/145

Height: 5'-4"

Your first weigh in? Well! Go wild. Drink a ton of water, have a nice lunch, and wear your heaviest clothes.

For your second and subsequent weigh ins, follow the other posters' advice.

This will maximize weight loss. (at least for the first week)

Last edited by rocketbunny; 09-29-2009 at 07:46 PM.
rocketbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #7  
MindBodySpirit Health

S/C/G: 246/216/186

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRat View Post
I don't think it matters when you weigh yourself, as long as you're consistent with when you weigh. There will be a difference between evenings and mornings, but if you always weigh in the evening, you'll see what you're losing, it'll just likely be higher than you weigh in the mornings.
When weighing in the evenings though, just remember that there are a lot more factors that may come into play that could change your result on the scale. Remember.....food weighs. That's why you're heavier in the evenings. If you put a pound of food in your body, and then step on the scale, chances are you'll be a pound heavier. If you weigh the same time in the evening, it depends on how long it's been since you've eaten. Eating an hour before weigh in as opposed to three hours before weigh in could alter results significantly. Also, if you've had a higher calorie day, or a day without working out, that could alter your evening results.
angieaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/198/135

Default Good Luck

there is always the make sure you go tinkle before you weigh....
every couple of ounces...eh?
justdoit66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #9  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

I always weigh in the morning in the nude. The other thing I do is when I hit a new low I always write it in white board marker on my bathroom mirror. I have been quite lucky or diligent that within a few weeks i will fluctuate within the same 5 pounds but I always end up back at that lowest weight and then creep lower. So seeing that low number up there makes me feel positive and focused. Way too much goes into night time weighing for me to attempt that. DEPRESSING.
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #10  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

My weekly TOPS weigh-in is at night so I have to be VERY careful what I do during the day. The most important thing is to lose weight during the week so you don't worry about weigh-in as much. During the day of weigh-in I eat light food, do cardio early in the morning, cut myself off all liquids and foods three hours before weigh-in. Afterwards, I have a bottle of water and a light dinner.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:14 AM   #11  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Wear something that you won't mind wearing next week and eat food that you can repeat next week. I think that if you wear the same thing every time to weigh in and have eaten the same of amount of food, you will get an accurate reflection of how much weight you have lost.

Then one day your clothes will be so huge on you that you have to change weigh-in clothes!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 AM   #12  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketbunny View Post
Your first weigh in? Well! Go wild. Drink a ton of water, have a nice lunch, and wear your heaviest clothes.
A friend of mine did just this ^^ before her first Weight Watchers weigh in - ate a big breakfast, wore jeans and a sweater; the following week, she wore yoga pants and a T-shirt and had lost 6 lbs!

Personally, I'm with the poster who suggested wearing the same thing every week; always yoga pants and a light T-shirt. Sometimes I take off my jewelery too!
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #13  

Stay away from salty foods the day before you weight. I love salty stuff and have no problem with my blood pressure, so I eat it with wild abandon. But it can make me gain as much as two pounds. It's just water that goes away so I don't care about that, but right before a weigh in I do try to cut back so that I have a more accurate view of what I "really" weight.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Are you trying to win a prize or something?

Wear the same clothes each week to weigh-in and you'll have a true measure of your weight loss each week. Decide if it's before dinner or after dinner and just be consistent.

The only person you're competing with is yourself, right?
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like to weigh at night. I figure that in the end, I'd like to weigh my goal weight after I've eaten and drank all day.
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote