Old 09-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #1  
kitty Momo

Default Back In Kindergarten #83

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.

Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 09-29-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #2  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Thought I would start a new thread since we were over 100! And it is almost the start of a new month and fresh goals!

My October goal is to lose 10 pounds, creeping back up ever so slowing, weighed in at 154 this morning. I have to get it back down, I don't think I have it in me to lose any more 50 plus weight losses. Stop the stupid insanity!

Geez, Susan........just close your mouth. lol If it was so easy.

Mindee- Hope you all are rested from the trip!

Sassy - Back to work? How is it going?

Sue - I need a list for everything too, even if it is just in my head. I hate travelingm I must be a homebody. Have a safe trip to Vegas!

Cristina - We'll be stuck with a Wal-Mart, ugh. It'll be nice for non clothes items though, and I have never been in one that had groceries so hope there will be some good prices. And we are having a HUGE costco going in , I have to get a membership card for that, I love costco.....noting like eating in bulk. haha I am not reading anything at the moment, need to get to the library.

Kathy- How goes it? Is Kristi your daughter? She added me yesterday, that was sweet.

Katy - You running?

Francie - come chat!

Jules- How is baby Dominic? How are you??

Sorry, I know I am going fast, just errands to get done before work. I think I will get a ticker up and see if that motivates me. Chat more later!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #3  
kitty Momo

where is my f-ing ticker? Ya, don't get on the bad side of me! lol
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #4  
kitty Momo

aww, there it is......temper,temper, huh. I think I will get a book on anger management. I use to be sweet as a lamb, now I am kind of an angery middle age lady. lmbo

toodles!!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

An angry middle aged lady (with a cat) who loves eating in bulk, but not traveling. Hmmm... That's our Susan and we love her!!

Good Tuesday morning...It is chilly and very windy here. Not good biking weather, but I will try for a walk later. I cleaned bathrooms and fixed breakfast...real exciting day so far. That's OK...when it gets exciting it is too much for me. LOL

Mindee- Great pictures, my your kiddos are growing fast.

Sassy- That was a short, but sweet vacation. I am glad you had great times.

Cristina- You still have more ambition than I do about exercising. I have to walk this week and also in Vegas cause DD has a day trip planned with lots of walking and I don't wanna poop out on them. Need to get back in the groove.

Jules, Kathy, Francie, Katy- Hope your week is going well. I love seeing you all on FB...and the above 4 also. Lots of fun reading about you all.

Still just preparing for my trip and getting more excited. LV is old hat, but I don't get to CA often enough. Daughter lives in a new area since I was there before and has a lot to show me. We won't be going into San Francisco this trip...but that is one of my most favorite cities to visit. Hoping up north is a nice trip also....to the redwoods and the ocean. And I get to squeeze and smooch my 9 year old grandson....lol. (he might feel too old for that..??)

Okay..gotta go get some food out of the freezer. Have a good hump day tomorrow chickies.

Last edited by suetalks; 09-29-2009 at 12:35 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #6  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I finally got a chance to get on here.....I was doing some cleaning, and then did some catch up on some programs that I taped early last week. I still have some more to catch up on, but I wanted to get on here tonight. Tommy and Marissa are both napping, and the boys will be home from school soon! Tommy has lodge tonight, so it will just be me and the kids for dinner, unless Tommy wants to eat dinner with us. I guess I should wake him up and see what the plans are!

Sue~ Thanks for the nice comments. I do have to agree that they are growing up to fast! I can't believe that Logan is going to be 4 next month, and then in April Brandon is going to be 6 and Marissa is going to be 3! Where in the world has the time gone?
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

I need to go back and read all the last postings on the closed thread....

Mindee-I can't believe how fast the kids are growing either...and this year is flying by...

Sue-smooch him anyway Granny....we might go for a ride on the motorcycle before the weather gets too cold on Friday. when do you leave for Vegas??? Teri is ready to go back..

Suzy--I get a little hormonal myself--it must be a 40 something thing...I am also a lot mouthier than I used to be....reading a vampire book myself..it's pretty good but turns out it's the 9th book in a series called the Black Dagger Brotherhood...now I am gonna have to go find the first 9....

start the first of my 3 Excel classes tomorrow--9-4:30...I have to miss work....awwww....then this Thursday is the first of my 6 week Quick Books class--company paid for woo hoo...I will ride over with my coworker who they are also sending and then class gets out at 8:30 and Teri's gets out betwee 8:30-8:45 so I get to ride home with her..it will be nice just the two of us...

well off to finish reading my book....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #8  

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by! I was just trying to get to the start of the school year, and now I got a letter from the teacher that in a couple of weeks, she is going to send the snack list home for the boys' Halloween party!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:04 AM   #9  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Everybody.

Yup back to work. Only have tonight then tomorrow night then I'm done. My coworker did ask our boss if we could start our new schedules this week since it would typically be our "long week" and we are here for 4 nights anyways and he said yes so now my schedule is a lot easier for everybody to understand. Its Sunday - Wed 9 pm - 7 am -- 4 - 10 hour shifts. We like it a lot better, before we were doing 1 week 4 12 hours and then the next week 3 - 12 hours rotating. Its so nice to get to leave at 7 am when the dayshift comes in lemme tell ya.

I bought another new shirt too I am wearing today. Have to have someone take a pic so you all can see it. Oh and go and check out my facebook, if you haven't already. I have posted some of the pics from my bday celebration. My friend is gonna be putting the rest online soon so hopefully there will be more to see! We had a good time even though I totally suck at bowling but it was all for good fun.

I think Next year I am totally doing Vegas Baby! Cuz we were gonna go to Vegas for my DH's bday this year (in December) but he isn't gonna be able to get enough time off for it..........

But yeah it was a lot of fun but now I have to think of something fun for DH's bday since we're not going to Vegas, any ideas ladies???

I hope you all are doing well!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #10  
RosieKate

Hi gals! No change on WI this week ...oh well. Yup, still running. I did a yoga class yesterday and I still do a step class on Fridays. I also walk the kiddos to school on Thursdays in the interest of keeping them active...we call it the walking school bus. You would think with all the exercise that I would lose, but nope. Guess I need to track my food better. Anyone do WW Online? I saw a commercial for it last night and I thought that maybe I would do a better job with food diaries if I knew someone else was going to see them...I dunno.

I didn't sleep well last night, so today I am going to work on some house cleaning and cooking then I hope to take a nap. So exciting :P

Hope everyone is having a more exciting day than me, lol! Need to tear myself away from Bejeweled and scrub some toilets - whoopee...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #11  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Mindee- Kids grow up way too fast.....hooking up w/ friends that I use to go to school on FB and it is shocking that some have kids who are 24!!!! I feel ancient.

Sue - CA sounds like fun, Vegas sounds like fun. I can't even make it to PDX these days. lol Gab and I were suppose to go see a pre view of Winnie the Pooh tonight but I am too lazy for the drive.

Sassy - My idea for DH's birthday would be to get a room at a really nice hotel in the downtown area, go out to dinner and enjoy the night life!

Jules -we're just a bunch of *itches, huh?? lol How did we get this way? In my 20's I was meek and mild but now I see a lot of impatience with people. They are just soooooo stupid! lol Have fun w/ the classes!

Katy - We can do food diaries here if you want?

I'll do mine now for yesterday:
Breakfast
oatmeal
banana
8oz yogurt
Lunch
10 oz bowl of pea soup w/ 4 crackers
Dinner
10 oz bowl of pea soup
ww bag of popcorn
slice of swiss cheese

I need to work on my water. I felt real thirsty yesterday and dizzy..... and it wasn't because that is just the way I am. haha

I went in and got my registration packet for the Great Columbia Crossing http://www.greatcolumbiacrossing.com/ I plan to take Gab with me so in case I can't complete a 6 mile walk in 2 hours I can blame here. lol And I bought the tee shirt, I love the picture on it,you can see it in the link.

hello to Cristina, Kathy, Francie!!! Chat more later.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #12  
ugggg.....

Suzy--how cool--so proud of you to do the race...I need to get back into the water..as usual I was doing really good with it and slipped away again...yes, I was meek and mild in my 20's unless you messed with my family or friends...

Katy--can't get the c25k to download on my cheap little RCA mp3player...guess I will break down and get a ipod....hubby and I cleaned the last fallen tree from the path on our property so I am walking, we live on what's called North Mountain though the mountains back here are nothing compared to the Rocky's, but still the path is a workout--you definitely feel it in the calves...if I can ever run it, it will be like cross country on red bull..

Sassy--Teri and JR went to Vegas for JR's bday and they are definitely going back--Teri loved it, but she's still sticking to a week at the beach for her June bdays...Susan's idea is really good, go to the biggest closest city and get a fancy hotel and hit the local scene--Ry likes to hit microbrewers on his...I think we are going to have one last shebang for his next bday..it will be his 25th and his last one before he's a Daddy...either Baltimore for something fun or DC or maybe even Philadelphia again....

Mindee--October 1 is tomorrow already...Halloween is just around the corner

well...I washed that grey right out of my hair....did a load of clothes..gonna starrt on another book--Michael J Fox (http://www.amazon.com/Always-Looking...4353786&sr=1-1).....

LOVED class..can't wait for the next one...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Girls.

TGIF!! (My Friday at least! lol)

Susan -- Yeah we could maybe go to Indianapolis or something that is only 2 hrs. and they have this really cool hotel that has pool suites, pools in your room!! That'd be cool. Esp DH LOVES to swim and I hate it but wouldn't mind it if it was our own personal one!

Jules -- Yeah we are either going to DC or Philly this month. Not sure which yet. I started a new book as well, "The Tenth Circle" by Jodi Picoult, the same author who wrote "My Sisters Keeper". This time I actually watched the movie first before reading the book. It was on Lifetime Movie Channel. It was a pretty good movie and so far the book is almost dead on to the movie, which is very rare. I just got done reading "The Time Travelers Wife" By Audrey Niffenegger. It was pretty good. Haven't seen the movie yet though.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #14  

just thought i would pop in since I have some time to do so......

we went out and did some errands yesterday after the boys went to school. I got my hair cut at the place in walmart.....never again will I do that! for $22 the lady butchered my hair.....especially my bangs.......now we are about to go to bed........

we think we willl go for a ferry ride after we put the boys on the bus on Thursday. grab some lunch on the local island and then come back.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #15  
kitty Momo

Happy Friday to Sassy and Thursday to everyone else!

Sassy - Good luck w/ your Picoult book, it is always at the end that makes me go "huh????". lol

Jules- Glad the class went well. I am still trying to get rid of this paprika shade in my hair....after like 3 years. lol I KNOW I am not that red. And thanks on the GCC, I hope I follow through, I seem to have an issue with that.....my mother calls it flakey. lol

Mindee- I didn't know wal mart had a beauty shop? Is that in every store? I usually only spend around $17, $22 seems spendy.....course I am cheap. lol

My Food Diary:
Breakfast
skipped, we were late. I had 2 spoonfuls of cheerios from G's leftovers.
Lunch
Steamed veggies and chicken tenderloin
Dinner
Steamed rice (soy sauce for flavor)and a hambuger patty
Snack
peaches and cottage cheese
ranch quacker crackers

I did pick up some books from the library yesterday, I forget the titles though. hmmm. argh.....can't remember.

anyway, my leg is feeling better and it is a work day...so I better get ironing and some morning errands done!

to Katy, Cristina, Sue, Francie and Kathy!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-01-2009 at 12:12 PM.