Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #1  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Default What did you have for dinner? 9/29

Tonight I am making Chicken Fajitas. Grilled chicken, peppers, some seasoning, flour tortilla (just 1, ugh.), and light sour cream. I will also have cantelope as dessert.

What about you?
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #2  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

It's going to be trout fillets, baked in foil with a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon slices, served with lightly steamed sugar snap peas and little potatoes for DH and DS, brown rice for me.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yummy!

I'm making blackened pork chops and for the sides I'm not sure yet, probably mashed potatos for the family and then also grilled veggies for them and me I'm thinking squash
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #4  
Wishes I could be a cat!

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Yum, they both sound good. I do wish I could have mashed potatoes right now, lol. How is trout? I have never had it.
momto3kittiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #5  

2 TINY baby potatoes (cut up very small so I feel like I'm eating more!!!) w/ snow peas, red peppers, squash, and onion w/ lots of yummy seasonings. I didn't have enough food in the house for a well thought out meal so I just threw everything I had left into a pan!!!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Height: 5'4"

1C whole wheat spaghetti and 1/2C Prego Chunky Garden. Can you tell my husband made dinner? :-)
YosemiteGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #7  

A homemade asian turkey burger on a whole-grain bun, with cilantro-chili mayo. Alongside it I'm having a big salad with spinach, romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and a homemade vinaigrette. I haven't decided on dessert yet, but I have both watermelon and red grapefruit in the fridge that need to be finished, so probably one of the two!
SueSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #8  

I am a big fan of lettuce wraps. I cooked lean pork with non-stick spray, fresh garlic, tons of green onion, soy, and Asian hot sauce. I had a measured portion of rice (75 calories). Divided it all on top of red leaf lettuce with cucumber slices. Less than a tablespoon total of crushed peanuts and 1/8 of an avocado added richness and good fats. Very filling and I really liked it.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

I had a few slices of roasted chicken breast, a cup of roasted vegetables (butternut squash, red peppers, onion, zucchini, broccoli), and 1/2 cup brown rice. Strawberries and melon for dessert.
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 AM   #10  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3kittiess View Post
How is trout? I have never had it.
Trout is a mild-tasting, pink-fleshed oily fish, freshwater I think. It's quick and easy to prepare, just wrap in foil and bake or grill it for 15 minutes or so. I like my fish to be not-too-fishy-tasting , and trout fits the bill.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote