Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Default A very strange NSV

I make chocolate peanut butter brownies that everyone loves. I get requests for them for many family functions, work parties, bridal/baby showers, parties, etc... They are very rich and fantastically yummy. So, about 3 weeks ago, I made said brownies for a Cub Scout campout. Since I was trying very hard to not overeat at the campout I packed my own food and only ate what I brought for myself and didn't eat from the "buffet line" of the pitch-in. I didn't even go up there, I just ate my little pre portioned dinner and grilled my own turkey hot dog after everyone else's were finished. I did however, cut myself one brownie (12 points for those WW out there) to have on Monday after my weigh in and as a planned treat (ok, more than likely in place of a usually well balanced lunch). I put the brownie in a tupperware container and put it in the pantry.

So...today (3 weeks later), I was cleaning out the pantry making a grocery list and guess what I found? My brownie! Now, to some people that's not much of a victory, but, for me to not obsess about it being there is amazing.

Usually I would have considered it a NSV that I made it to Monday

Not to mention that most people would be embarrased to admit that they had a 3 week old brownie in the pantry

I feel like an addict sometimes kicking an addiction to food. This made me feel like I am really making progress. Anyone else have any odd happenings that made you feel like you've got a handle on this?
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #2  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

I love it when that happens. I will sock stuff away because my family eats like locusts and I am much more of a hunger driven eater. I just tend to eat too much at a sitting. I also don't eat sweets very often. So I will put stuff like say a couple homeade cookies away so they don't get devoured and weeks later I will be cleaning out the cabinet and find them. Then I think why do I even put that stuff away I obviously don't really want it.

I think one of my favorite sayings right now is "it doesnt make a difference if I eat it or throw it away it is still gone".
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

That is awesome!!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good for you- I am proud of myself that when I'm upset I'm not turning to food like I used to!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

Wow, that's great! Don't know if I would have had that kind of determination! Congrats to you!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #6  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I wish I had that kind of control when I have a snack around the house.

lol. Congrats on your NSV
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:00 PM   #7  

That is a big victory! Congrats!

I once had a friend tell me to close my eyes and eat a french fry so I could really concentrate on it's texture and taste. It was just awful. Every since then, french fries have never tasted as good... and I realize that's how I SHOULD be eating all my food!!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #8  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybelle9 View Post
I once had a friend tell me to close my eyes and eat a french fry so I could really concentrate on it's texture and taste. It was just awful. Every since then, french fries have never tasted as good... and I realize that's how I SHOULD be eating all my food!!
Kaybelle, I will have to try that. I've always had a weakness for french fries but have been able to overcome it since I started losing weight...that is, until this past week. I've had two large McDonald's fries in the last 3 days. =(
Civakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #9  
Crazed Pudgey One

S/C/G: 265/265/140

Height: 5'1"

I've done that with soda, I was just too broke to afford it, but when I finally 'broke down' (ha ha pun) and bought a 20 oz coke I started thinking and didn't realize it had been over a month since I had had one! I was really proud of myself, and just that thought made me go another month with out a soda!
AnnaKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Fantastic!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:26 AM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats!

Reminded me of a funny leftover food story.

When my twin boys were in 7th grade, they were studying mold in science and needed mold. My boys and one other boy had the best mold in the class. ROFL!

Guess we knew whose families didn't clean out the fridge/pantry and wolf down all the leftovers.

In a way it was embarrassing, yet they had great science projects.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #12  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

That is an awesome NSV. You should be proud. As for having a brownie in the pantry for 3 weeks, not to worry, these things happen to everyone. Today I found a sugar cookie in a ziploc bag from Easter that was in the cats' stuff (one of the cats likes them and gets tiny pieces sometimes). The really scary thing was that it wasn't moldy or anything
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:49 AM   #13  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 288/234/199

Height: 5'5''

I was just thinking of how much that sounded like me and i realized you're a Hoosier too! awesome job, i threw away one peice of bacon instead of eating it last week and talked about it all day
srr728 is offline   Reply With Quote