Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: Sept. 28-Oct. 4

New Pages!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Good Morning:

Yesterday, DH and I had to go get a new battery for the car we had stored at the nephew's house. I then asked DH if he would just take me back to the hotel while he and nephew worked on the car. I swam, sat in the Jacuzzi, took a long, hot shower and took a nap. (BTW, I can tell I've lost weight in my bathing suit...felt good!)

I began today with a swim and more time in the Jacuzzi, had a good and healthy breakfast and am now waiting while more work is done on the car.
Today, we return the rental van to Windsor, figure out how to get back to Detroit where we will pick up the car (which we will have driven to Detroit..following this??).

THEN, we get on US 75 and head south! Finally!!!

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda
Old 09-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the pages and also thank you for posting about your healthy choices. I was just about to throw in the towel but you have inspired me to do better. Thank you, Cuz.

Be careful on the road. I'll see ya soon.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Got on the scale this morning and I'm down.5 this week even with my tummy ache and not eating that's all I lost.

SO my weight for the month according to my chart lost a total of 2 lbs out of 4 that I expected.Oh well tomorrow I will put up my new mini Oct challenge.

RHONDA-Congrats on your NSV,with all what going on in your live with this move, car breaking down and than having to go back to Detroit you still managed to stay healthy by swimming & eating right I 'm sending a big congrats your way Thanks for starting us up this week Wishing you have a pleasant ride on the way to your new home in Texas.

SANDRA-NO TALK LIKE THAT AROUND HERE"""Throwing in the Towel""" we're all here for the long haul ,and TG we have a a leader to follow. I'm going back to my exercising that I haven't done since I was was sick.

Have a great morning

Last edited by beach bum; 09-29-2009 at 10:29 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Maryann, thank you for the peptalk. I needed it.

I went to wi this AM and was down 1 lb. that makes 7 lbs since Aug. 25 but just one for Sept. So I need to get more serious.

Last edited by ontarget; 09-29-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Sandra, I have tried the pie, and it is fabulous! In fact, I am going to have some when I get through on here. Try to take it easy on yourself and work on those baby steps. You know what to do, just do it! Maybe save the pie for a reward for four pounds lost and keep some less tempting treats around. I have confidence in you!

Rhonda, congrats on feeling good in that swimsuit. You go girl!

Maryann, I hope you feel better in the morning. Get some good rest tonight

Nighty night chicks!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Good idea, Sloan. Curtis said the pie is so good, he felt like he was cheating. It's good enough for rewards for sure. (I can say this because I didn't create the recipe.)
Old 09-29-2009, 10:59 PM   #8  

Hi:

We're in Memphis, Tennessee. We left north of Toledo at 7am and drove all day. Tomorrow, more of the same. We're about 9 hours from Denton we think.

Monday afternoon it all became too much when we learned that all the stuff from the car that broke down wouldn't fit in the other car. We had to pack it in boxes, ship it by bus, then go back to Ontario in the rain, driving separate cars, to return the van. I broke down into tears. The idea of going back across the border, then back, then south finally got to me. In actuality it was easy....the border guards weren't concerned about what we were up to and just asked a few fundamental questions and let us through....

Today, the drive was long but not bad. We spelled each other off in 2-3 hour segments and took breaks. Tomorrow shouldn't be too tough.

I bought an exercise mat and hand weights in Michigan and used them tonight to stretch and get some weight training in. I'm mostly doing OK with food....and I miss spinning!!!

Hang in there everyone...it will happen...no quitting!!

Good night all,
Rhonda
Old 09-30-2009, 09:08 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Even tho it isn't Oct yet I'm going to start today getting my act together,with finding the right calorie count and exercising a little more.I have my Nutritional & Fitness trackers ready at the spark people web site and I'm raring to go.

SANDRA-When ever I can help just let me know, big congrats on your 1 lb lose. So that a total of 8, hey that's like 1 lb a week. You did better than me, I maintain, lost 1 and than lost two .5 for the month.giving me a total of 2-lbs. Must try harder this month.Leo thinks I'm eating too much bread.Went back to my carb blocker pills,to see if they work.

SLOAN-Thanks indeed I did have a good night sleep.After watching the Biggest Loser and than the millionaire on the game channel I went to bed and slept though the night.Woke up around 8:43AM.

RHONDA-WoW!!! You're really making up some good time and I can't believe you in Tenn already. Oh RHONDA ,you poor thing,sending special your way.I would have been a basket case by now.I'm so sorry that you had to go though so much to get your moving to Texas started. Maybe one day when your settled you may laugh at the whole thing. Have a safe trip, and take care.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, a good cry is good for the soul. I find it very relieving then I can get on with what's happening. I'm glad all is going well now and your crossing the border was easy. That's good. I have a question. Are you still on Hwy 75? Are you taking it all the way to Denton instead of getting on I-30 at Little Rock? Just wondering cuz we'll be trekking to Louisville again next year.

Maryann, my total since starting end of Aug. is 7 lbs not 8. But I'm all right with that. I've done like you and have had some ups and downs. In fact I dropped 6 lbs the first week then bounced around the other weeks to land on the 7 pound loss. (I eat too much bread, too, but I love it!)

Last edited by ontarget; 09-30-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda, I'm glad things are going more smoothly now. I don't blame you for being frustrated, and it's probably a good thing that you had that cry. It really is good for you every now and then. I guess that you will be in Denton by the time you read this, at least I hope so. Be careful!

Sandra, my DS got into my snicker pie goodies today and ate three!! Oh well, it's better than eating candy bars. He did leave me a couple, though.

Maryann, it sounds like you have everything lined up. You go girl! Oh yes, how's Leo?

I had a busy day, but it was productive. I need you all to kick me in the butt, though. I have gained 3 pounds!! If I did not know why, I would be frustrated. The problem is, I do know why. I've been eating all the wrong things. I guess stress followed by back pain have gotten the best of me. Right now, I'm just tired, and I don't even want to think about it. After all, tomorrow is another day! Just pray for me!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Sloan, Curtis and I haven't been able to stop with one. That's been a big problem for us. I didn't make any today but may tomorrow. I'm glad your DS likes them.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #13  

Send Snicker pie!!!!!

We got to Denton early evening, after stopping in Frisco to see DH's DD and grandsons.

We are in a big hotel room, relaxing. Sandra we came: Toledo, Cincinnati, Louisville, Nashville, Memphis, Little Rock, Texarkana...then 380 to Denton, in 2 days. The traffic wasn't bad but Arkansas was nothing but trucks!

The hotel in Memphis had nothing but fat and sugar out for breakfast...just awful. But, we have been to the grocery store and have bought some fruit. All will be better now....I'm sure I've gained weight, but I've been very moderate in my eating and drinking.

Where's Vickie??
Old 10-01-2009, 10:02 AM   #14  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're having such lovely weather & temps this whole week,so I'm going to try to go down to the beach and get my walking done.

Only problems I have to wait until this afternoon as wee having a new septic system put in this morning and my car is parked up in the grass to get away from the bulldozer & dump truck. Don't want to maneuver around those big monsters.

Feeling good today,as my scale is moving downward again. My secret is to stop eating after supper and its working.Don't know how long it will,but until than,I will continue doing so.

SANDRA-Seven or eight pounds is fantastic. I don't like the bouncing around either. A woman on another board said that my body has to get use to normal calorie intake after being on the low calorie count.

SLOANE-Sorry about you gain,tell me about begin stressed and frustrated. If it junk food throw it out or hide it and have DH [at home] and a fellow teacher [at school] keep an eye on you. But what ever never beat yourself up,like you said today is another day.

With me its so hard not to stress out with Leo's condition. I'm trying so hard to stay positive & optimistic this time around. Hope it will work for me.

RHONDA-TG you made the long haul safely,and now take some time & relax before moving all your stuff in your new home.I sure you didn't do too bad,with your weight,especially if you eat & drank in moderation.

I have no idea where VICKIE or COCO want I miss the both of them.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Vickie, where are you? Are you all right?

Rhonda, it was great chatting with you this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing ya'll and your new home. Life is good. And don't worry about intake on the trip. You have a grip on things now.

Maryann, Hang in there. Your stress has to be tremendous. We are here for you.

Last edited by ontarget; 10-01-2009 at 01:37 PM.