South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Magnificent Monday

Good morning! I have my big mug of coffee and am trying to get back into work mode routine. I have to head out early since the girls have the day off school, but I'm looking forward to spending the day with them.

I'm going to go read up on the threads, but I'll be back.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Cottage - Glad you all had fun this weekend I hope the weather was as nice there as it was here Friday and Saturday. Enjoy the day with the girls!

Ruth - Hope the drive home is uneventful. I know the dogs will be thrilled to see you this afternoon

Had a busy at home day yesterday. I experimented with pumpkin apple butter. It tastes pretty good but I would like more pumpkin in it. The apple taste is more dominant than I hoped. I'll have to pick up another pumpkin and adjust it a bit It is good with a small squeeze of agave and some yogurt. Almost like that pumpkin pudding I used to love

Today is just another Monday. It's the last week with my co-worker so we are trying to get all the transition stuff worked out in her 15 or so hours. Today I meed with the boss. Maybe for something different she will actually share some information.

Ah well, it's Monday so we might as well get on with it and have a good day wherever you are
Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday! Today was the first time since we got Sparkit that I did not wake up to a barking dog. He's slacking! We really have to break him of that somehow...

Cottage and Ruth, Welcome back! We missed you guys! I'm glad you had so much fun. Did you eat North Carolina BBQ?

Cyndi, I'm glad you are having some training time before your coworker leaves. The secretary before me cleared out her desk over a weekend and left an 'I quit' note. I had NO training. It was hard.

Me: I'm in a forensic interview training in Cullman, Alabama. I'm excited to hear what she has to say. The Therapist and I are riding together in Ms. Daisy -- her convertible. It should be a beautiful day to ride with the top down, on the way home, anyway.

Hope your day is fabulous. I will see you tonight!
Old 09-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Cyndi, and thanks for helping to hold down the fort while Ruth, Laurie and I were away. Your pumpkin apple butter sounds yummy. An Amish market near me carries a SF pumpkin butter that I just love on my oatmeal, but your addition of adding apple to it sounds like a great idea.

Thanks for the welcome back, Chelby. It actually poured buckets most of the weekend, but we didn't even seem to notice. We never did get around to trying BBQ, but we did eat healthy. Well, most of the time, anyway.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, we were "good" except for the chocolate truffles and that was just one each. It was a fabulous time away and a good break. I'm all refreshed and ready to hit that I81 and tackle the Thousand Islands Bridge. I should be home by noon and will pick up my darling doggage mid-afternoon.

Travel is great but home is best.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hello chicks,
I am back home and trying to get back into my routine. I had a great trip with my friend, and tried to make good choices, but too many treats, for sure. At least I don't see any more business travel in the near future. The kids have had enough - between me and DH, we've had 6 trips in the last 6 weeks.

It is starting to feel like fall around here, and I'm beginning to see some red leaves. Beautiful fall days are so energizing, and always feel like a fresh start, which is just what I need right now. DH is in NJ for training all week, so I did some cooking yesterday, and am prepared for a Ph1-ish week with a pot of refried beans, hard boiled eggs, and a batch of bean brownies. I'll make taco bake mid-week with some of the beans. These are the things that always get me through Ph1! I have some detoxing to do, and I don't expect it will be pretty. DH should be happy he is away this week. I am going to eat some fruit, though. I went by the orchard yesterday and picked up apples and pears. An apple and peanut butter make the very best afternoon snack.

"Travel is great, but home is best." So true, Ruth. Safe travels home today. Glad you mods had a fun time together, and I'm very impressed that you all behaved so well. NC BBQ is my favorite. My mom's family is from NC, and we always loaded up on BBQ, Brunswick stew, and corn bread (aka hush puppies) when we visited.

I feel you, Cyndi, it's my crappy many-meeting-Monday today, and I am definitely not emotionally prepared for it. Your pumpkin apple butter sounds scrumptious. By the way, I finally had a chance to check out your wedding pictures - looks like it was a fun time, and I'm so glad you had nice weather for it.

Chelby, enjoy your ride in Miss Daisy, and have a great day!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm a sleepyhead this morning. Too bad, I had alot I could have gotten done, since Mom is on her way over as we speak. I did go pick up at my storage facility- OOPS- I mean her house and got the heat turned up. Now I'll get something done here before she arrives.

We took the neighbor kids to the pool yesterday. They had a great time, but it's kind of sad. We have the most beautiful outdoor pool a mile from the house and they've never been there. One of the girls said that they loved coming to our house, that we were more like parents than their parents. I'm trying to be very careful and encouraging about their home life, while helping where I can.

Ruth and Cottage, welcome home. We were all good, but certainly missed your presence.

Cyndi, yum on the preserves. I'm going to freeze all my pumpkin in 2 cup bags. It sounds like the transition may be a little hard. Best wishes!

Chelby, I guess by the time you read this you'll be back from your class. Hope you had a great day and can enjoy a nice evening at home with your family.

Schmoodle, I've missed you here, too. Enjoy your day and detox 101.

Everyone else, have a great day. Thanks for all your support!
Old 09-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #8  
sophie

Good Morning,
Hopefully it will be a magnificent Monday around here. The weekend was very hard for me. I guess part of the problem was that the big project on the deck is finished and DH didn't know what to do with himself. The next two days are suppose to be rainy too. I still have a lot of apples to deal with.

Ruth, Cottage and Laurie, glad to have you back.

Cyndi - your pumpkin/apple butter sounds so good. I canned some pumpkin last year and one jar didn't take and when I went back and emptied it out the smell was unbelievable, it sort of turned my off pumpkins for a little while
Chelby - enjoy your ride back in a convertible. It always feels like your 19 again.

Schmoodles - your menu is delicious. I will have to boil some eggs for snacks and see if I like it.

Debbie - Its so nice what you are doing for those kids. I bet they can't wait to spend some time with you.

Well of to do some black bean soup and play with those apples.

take care
Sophie
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
I could use some Detox. . .just have to find time to do it! Working longer hours this week so I can have friday for bloodwork a glucose test and assorted medical appts
We had a big fam weekend (celebrated my inlaws 50th anniversary) so I'm recovering from Pastry shock. . . If I never see a pastry again it will be too soon

Rent this week so no big grocery shop till the weekend. . .Does any1 have a good and not too exotic (the pantry is starting to get grumpy) way of makign chicken (on the bone) in the crockpot? I have a couple packs of thighs I'd like to do 1 tomorrow I have never used the crock pot before but am game for some adventure!

Sophie I'm craving apples!
Lexiss You're such a big hearted lady those kids are lucky to be your neighbors!
Schmoo I'll be getting on the detox train with you!
Ruth Safe Home Sweet Lady =) glad you had a great time!
Welcome home Cottage! SF Pumpkin Butter sounds so good
Chelb Enjoy Miss Daisy I love convertibles
Cyn Woman you need to write a cook book!
ok back to work
Kierie
Old 09-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

The weekend was fabulous! :vibes: It was so good to see Cottage, Ruth, and the other mods.

Glad to be back, though, too. It was great to see DH and the puppy again.

Not much happening today--menu planning, gym, and shopping. Phase 1 starts tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

KO - I have a recipe I'll try tomorrow. I'll post it now and adjust and comment later. It's from my gardening group board and they are all good cooks.
Crockpot Chicken
Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #12  

It was a busy weekend. Next weekend is a Cub Scout event where we are providing lunch. It's a military theme so we are making c-rations (box lunches). Saturday we shopped for food and Sunday we worked for 7 hours and put together 1000 lunches. We still have 500 more to do so we'll be back at it on Tuesday night. It was awfully hot working yesterday (high in the mid 90's) but hopefully it will be cooler next weekend since it looks like we'll be camping two nights.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:38 PM   #13  

Hi all,
New to the forums, we're in Wellington, New Zealand (so its a magnificent Tuesday here -- just waking up slowly, playing with my little girl, and drinking my coffee!

As I know sweets would be the biggest issue for me, I tried making a few recipes and modified a few others. The cocoa/LF creme fraiche/Jello didn't turn out so well but the LF sour cream, strawberry jello is DELISH. MAde the turkey sausage egg "muffins" yesterday and I'm surprised I feel full from only two!
Hope you all have a lovely day-- Im going to try to figure out how to get a ticker on here!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Mermaiden! Nice to see someone from down under - or is that just Oz?
You need 20 days here and 20 posts to get a ticker but it will come. Glad you joined us on the daily!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #15  

Aw thanks for that Ruth-- I was wondering if I was reverting back to computer illiteracy in that I couldn't find it!
New Zealand counts as doen under too, most definitely. I'm from the US but have been living here for the past 5 years. Love it here!

Does anyone have a favorite dessert they want to share? (SB phase one would be great!) Looking through all the great recipes, its hard to decide which to make!
Closed Thread