Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #1  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Default Pt

I've had 5 PT Appointments,and the last 2 were more vigorous.My MPT,Master Physical Therapist doesn't want me doing my Walking-Work outs at Home,or even marching in line.He prefers the Exercises we do + Walking 1/2 Mile at the Track,then sitting/resting my Spine between each lap.I have this silly belief that I'm not putting in 1/2 Mile unless I Walk the 1/2 without stopping.My MPT and another MPT told me I am still getting in the 1/2 Mile.We're working on strenthening my Spine,so perhaps I can eventually build up to a more strenous Work-Out.I'm doing the Exercises at Home,but feel I'm not getting enough Exercise.I want so bad to do 3-5 Day's of hard Work-out,but guess I have to face the fact that it has to be slow go,because my Spine is so degenerated and deteriorated.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 PM   #2  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm going through PT as well, because I DON'T want to do anything that will damage my back to the point that I'm completely disabled. Sooo...while it's hard to be patient I know that if I'm not careful I'll go back to 0 exercise and activity. They're right, half a mile is half a mile, no matter how many breaks you have to take. I were a pedometer all day because it encourages me to know how much walking I do in a normal day...and just increase it a little at a time, even if that just means by 2-3 steps per day. Hang in there!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:18 AM   #3  
Woman on mission!

Height: 5'9

Weightlosswanted,
I don't want to do anything that will further damage my Back either,but I wish to burn Calories.I have 174.6 more LBS to lose before reaching my WLG.Wanted to clarify..my MPT is in the Office from 5:30-6:30,then leaves at 9:30 to do PT elsewhere for the remainder of the Day.My Appointments are scheduled for early Morning,and I missed one.In order to not be charged $20 for missing Appointment,I went in the Afternoon and saw another MPT.I asked him if I could march in line.He told me no.I asked why,and he said,"Flexion"..what type of Spine problems do you have?Does your Spine easily tire?Which brand of Pedometer do you wear?

Last edited by Butter_Butt; 09-27-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Butter_Butt is offline   Reply With Quote