Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/174/140

Height: 5'3

Default Veggie Replacement Powder

I bought the veggie replacement powder the other day because I am so picky. Has anyone else tried it? And if so, is there a certain way you make it so that it tastes better? I've tried it with the hot cocoa and that was alright. I tried it as a smoothy today with some fruit and a creamy and nearly gagged.

Any suggestions?
TreeBwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #2  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I've never heard of this product before. Interesting..and it's from MRC? wow i learn something new each day
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #3  

Its a brand new MRC product for ppl, like me, who are really picky. I hate most of the veggies on my menu and more often than not, i dont eat them. This new veggie powder is mint flavored. its not the worst thing ive ever tried but its not the best.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #4  

I went to a food class last night and they actually made a chocolate mint pie with it. I have to say "yuck". Not something that I will be buying.
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #5  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

I am so happy I love veggies. I think I can go enjoy my salad now thank you very much!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

So does this stuff taste totally gross or what? I'm assuming you mix it with... whatever else you're eating at that meal? I like veggies sometimes, but I am on salad overload!!
funshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBwn View Post
I bought the veggie replacement powder the other day because I am so picky. Has anyone else tried it? And if so, is there a certain way you make it so that it tastes better? I've tried it with the hot cocoa and that was alright. I tried it as a smoothy today with some fruit and a creamy and nearly gagged.

Any suggestions?

I tried it on Thursday when I weighed in, and it was nasty mixed with just water. Smelled like vomit to me!! I was hoping I'd like it because sometimes getting in my veggies is really hard when I'm busy. I'm not sure it could be mixed with anything and taste good, but I guess it depends on your ability to just gag something down. Maybe if you just didn't inhale, don't look at it (nasty green slimy look!) and drink it like a shot and have something to chase it with immediately, at least you'd get it down as quickly as possible. I'm not that desperate yet.... But I could never talk myself into raw eggs in a smoothie either, and people do it. I'm just not that tough!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/159/130

Height: 5'2

Since I am a mail order client, I don't always see the new stuff when it comes in...When you drink this new veggie replacement, does that take the place of all your veggies for that meal? It sounds like it tastes terrible, that's too bad because I would like to have the option at times to skip eating the veggies...I am getting tired of the same ones (green beans, green peppers, brocolli). When can you have the other color of peppers or onions?
loveamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #9  

I tried the powder again with hot coco and I think by far thats the best way. The chocolate masks the taste the most, in my opinion. I tried it today with a grape hns and it was ok. the grape is strong and masks the mint for the most part. I can get it down if I dont smell it.... for the most part. I hate not liking veggies.

I think the rules for the powder consist of: only using it to replace one veggie portion per day. I could be wrong on that though.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I didn't know about this veggie replacement, but they did talk to me about a new hormone replacement MRC is trying.

It's basically a hormone cream you buy and rub on any body part either two or three times a day (I can't remember). It is marketed for people like myself who are going through a period of menopause or, as they put it, "Women who's weight is caused by a change in estrogen levels."

Now I know there are prescription creams for this, but I don't meet any of the criteria to need the Premarin cream. I simple have three week periods with little to no other symptoms.

MRC is certainly covering it's bases. But after all, I think it's success lies in the combination of other diets such as smaller portions (WW), low carb (Atkins), glycemix index, and appetite suppressents.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #11  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I didn't know about this veggie replacement, but they did talk to me about a new hormone replacement MRC is trying.

It's basically a hormone cream you buy and rub on any body part either two or three times a day (I can't remember). It is marketed for people like myself who are going through a period of menopause or, as they put it, "Women who's weight is caused by a change in estrogen levels."

Now I know there are prescription creams for this, but I don't meet any of the criteria to need the Premarin cream. I simple have three week periods with little to no other symptoms.

MRC is certainly covering it's bases. But after all, I think it's success lies in the combination of other diets such as smaller portions (WW), low carb (Atkins), glycemix index, and appetite suppressents.
I'm doing the balancing cream as well; I really like it.... it's a progesterone cream and benefits 80-90% of women (and men actually); most women in their late 30's begin to have an increase of estrogen and a decrease of progesterone and that causes many issues.... mood and physical. The other thing is that belly, thigh, and butt fat most of us carry and have trouble getting rid of? That fat actually causes an additional increase of estrogen. Using the cream to create a balance of hormones and works on that fat, assists with mood issues, helps to get better sleep, etc.... it's very beneficial.

I've also picked up some of the veggie drink and I can't comment on how to make it taste better because I actually like the mint taste... sorry! And you can use it as a replacement to your veggies 3x a week (from what I remember).
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #12  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post

omg, can I tell you something else? I think you should be glad you don't meet the criteria for Premarin. Did you know that Premarin is actually manufactured from pregnant horse urine? I'm not kidding, you can look it up and I'm one of those people that does not believe anything that comes via email... so I encourage you to research it.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBwn View Post

Any suggestions?
Wow, I had no idea there really was such a thing as veggie powder... I am thankful I like at least 1/2 the veggies on the plan b/c to me this sounds awful... sorry :0( I'll stick to my green beans, broccoli, squash and salads :0)
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:45 PM   #14  
Flying Eagle Woman

S/C/G: 271/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I got the veggie powder too. It's part of the metaquick plan. It is SOO gross! The easiest way I've found to take it it just to mix it with 2 cups of water...take a deep breath and chug. If anyone comes up with other good ways to take this stuff down, I'd LOVE to know.
FEWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:19 PM   #15  
magnolia girl

S/C/G: 170/150/140

Height: 5'4"

Default veggie powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEWoman View Post
I got the veggie powder too. It's part of the metaquick plan. It is SOO gross! The easiest way I've found to take it it just to mix it with 2 cups of water...take a deep breath and chug. If anyone comes up with other good ways to take this stuff down, I'd LOVE to know.
I got the veggie powder last week. I mix it with the lemon hns, but it in the
magic bullet. It taste good to me. I was told it helps with your immune
system. I've had the flu and lost my voice, she said it stops bacteria growing...hope I understood that right.
magnoliagirl
magnoliagirl is offline   Reply With Quote