South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Fall Weekend Beach Chat

Good Morning Everyone

I moved my post over.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-26-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Windy Weekend Wanderings

Good morning we are about to head back out to the Island for another day of birding. We are starting with a visit to the bird banding station to see some birds up close. Had a great day yesterday. Got a new life bird and actually the first sighting of this particular bird this year on the island.
We plan to spend the full day again then grab coffee and make the drive home. Tomorrow it will be weekend chores

What do you have on tap this weekend? I sure hope there's a little fun and R&R in your busy weekend
Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie Hope a mod drops in and combines our threads. nice to see another smiling face around here this morning. Enjoy your quiet time this morning.

I'm still hoping to get out on my bike a little more but I am a wimp about cold. It's also harder to find time because after work is no longer an option - gets dark to early.

hope you have a lovely, sunny day
Old 09-26-2009, 06:40 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Have fun today, Cyndi. I should have PM'd you. If this is all the trouble we've gotten in since they've been gone I'm sure they won't mind.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #5  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning Cyndi, et al...

Nothing going on here except for posting grades this morning. Then off to the store later to stock the fridge...it looks like Mother Hubbard's right now.
Wanted to go to a seafood fest today in New Orleans, but the weather looks bad and my husband is sick, so I guess it'll just be a quiet day.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #6  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

I can't believe I'm up. I'd say 'awake' but I think I'm sleep walking. Coffee is brewing... must have my coffee.

Was up late last night for a friend's pro wrestling show... and now up before dawn to get ready for the Oktoberfest parade. It's party hardy until 3ish... then a nap... then a friend's band is playing at the fest grounds... and then off to get my sing-on at karaoke!

It's gonna be a loooong day.

But a fun one!

I SO love Oktoberfest!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

The dogs on this hill barked all night long. I don't like any of them. Jeff thinks he's hearing coyotes in the distance. The dogs were upset!

My in-laws who lost their home to a fire last month put an offer on a fabulous house, and it was accepted. They are so excited! In today economy, it's much cheaper to buy a house than to rebuild one. They are going to clear the burned house off the lot and sell the lot.

Auston and I are going to the DMV to get the tags on the Tahoe. We are also going to Walmart to do our weekly shopping. I'm going to skip breakfast. We have better food in the house when I'm hungry.

Debbie, I hope you and DH have a great weekend. Do you think you'll get Rudi a brother or sister?

Cyndi, Maybe you'll see the Ivory Billed Woodpecker this weekend. A confirmed sighting in Arkansas!

Cat, A Seafood Fest sounds fun! We are going to the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores, AL in October.

Butterfly, You win the contest for the best fun for the weekend! Karaoki is too much fun -- after a margarita or two.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-26-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning

I've been outside already for my early morning weather check. It's cool, but no freeze yet. My bike is getting closer to the shed, but I'm not ready to give up yet, I may still ride this coming week.

Kirk joined me for early coffee, but has gone back for an extra hour. That gives me some quiet time to putz around. We're meeting another Heeling Partner with 3 dogs for an early walk. Everyone has really stepped up to provide Rudi with some doggie company. I did some meal planning yesterday and I think I'll continue today. Seems pretty simple.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #9  
-

ohhh, Chelby, I love Gulf Shores and used to go all the time with husband 1.
Hit the outlets for me, ok?
Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good MORNING chickies!!

Sounds like some of you are going to have a lot of fun. I must admit, Karaoke is a blast, but I rarely do the singing myself. Unless it's in a group.

Work was long yesterday, but I got to remove tampons from a 90 lb dog. Ladies with dogs, lock up your garbage cans!! Unfortunately, that put me eating BAD yesterday, and working five hours late. But he was worth it...what a great dog!! (other than the garbage eating, of course)

Today I get to do a spay/neuter clinic for cats. I've never done one, I'm quite looking forward to it, they seem like a great group of people. After that...same ole, same old. Cleaning, and planning some OP meals!!

Have a great weekend chickies!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Hello all,

I'm still around, just busy with ds who went in for his 15 month checkup and was diagnosed with an ear infection we didn't know about!

Gothik Butterfly, my brother used to be really into pro wrestling, but it was always local. Did some announcing too.

Femmecreole - wish I could go to the seafood festival with you. Sounds great.

Cyndi - what new bird did you see?

Everyone else - sounds like a good balance of fun plans and time to rest. We have ArtPrize in GR this weekend and I'm hoping the weather is good enough to wander around downtown and see the exhibits. It's a new thing and everyone's excited about it. The art pieces can be voted for by cell phone and are displayed outdoors, in the river, in bars, all over the place. Plus the circus is in town, but it's a little pricey, given Luke's age. I haven't been to a circus since I was about 8 (except Cirque de Soleil - not exactly the same as Ringling Brothers) and I have mixed feelings about them....

Great weekend, all!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick pop in for me- DS team lost the football game last night yikes what a disaster the other team has some big boys- the person my DS had to guard or whatever you call it outweighed him by 75 lbs. He held his own though but 4 of our boys got hurt last night- very physical game.

Today DD2 has a soccer game in 45 minutes so I got to run. Then it is homecoming activities got to finish up nails and hair and get pictures......

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Morning! Nice to see y'all are playing nicely with no sand throwing! We are behaving - more or less!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #14  
-

Daisy, when I was about 5, my parents brought me to a big circus..Ringling or one of those kind. It was held in the big municipal auditorium where Mardi Gras balls are held..tiers of balconies. For some reason, we could not sit together because it was packed and my Dad ended up sitting right behind me one row up and my Mom was next to me.

During the performance, some guy dressed in a gorilla suit started climbing up into the balconies and was coming my way. I got hysterical and my mom said I literally jumped straight up and back and buried myself inside my Daddy's suit jacket (that was back in the day when men wore suits everywhere). I still remember how terrified I was.

3.5 years ago after my sister called to tell me that Daddy had died, I looked at my husband and said "Who's going to save me from gorillas now?"

Twynn, my daughter's boyfriend's dog, a huge lab, was very ill for a very long time...losing weight, throwing up, had the runs etc. They went to a couple of vets trying to find what was wrong. Did all kinds of tests. The last doctor finally suggested explorative surgury when he saw a "mass" in an xray that hadn't shown up before. The decided to go ahead and do the surgery before poor Molly died. They came out later with the mass....a nasty old sock! She recovered nicely.
We called it the two thousand dollar sock!

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-26-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cat, I do enjoy the outlets in Gulf Shores. Remember Ribs and Reds? It was destroyed in Hurricane Ike, but it's back. Hooray! Reds are my favorite!
Closed Thread