South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #1  
Future Former Fat Girl

Default My doctor wants me to try SB but I love fruit!

I have had some weight loss but I still have setbacks due to my binge eating. My doc told me that SB would help cut the craving and blood glucose spike/crash cycles I go through. Well, I am willing but the only healthy food I really crave is sweet fruit: mango, watermelon, etc.

Anyone else struggle with the whole fruit thing?
mllek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:01 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

The no fruit thing is only for two weeks. I think it is definately worth a long healthy life to go without fruit for just 14 days.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

Doing South Beach Phase I really "cured" me of sugar cravings. I now eat fruit but have lost interest in other sweets. I know it can be hard but two weeks without any sugar can have great longer-term benefits.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I've been craving those honey crisp apples , and eat one daily .

Yep, the no fruit thing is for only two weeks. I think you almost crave fruit as a dessert, and that's fine to have it. And when I'm needing to make sure my weight stays down, I drop the grains for a few days, but stay on my fruit!

Good luck! Hope you like hanging out here!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #5  

In the first two weeks of strictly following SBD, you will probably find, as I did, that the cravings for sugary things goes away...That for me was the greatest benefit of this eating plan...When you slowly add back carbs, you will probably not want the sugar as before...
Perhaps your desire for sugar is what is prompting you to eat the high sugar fruits...When sugar is not as important to your taste buds, you will loose your cravings...
Believe me, SBD is the best for me...I am truly amazed when I look at how far I have come in giving up unhealthy foods, especially sugar...
Good luck...
crutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Once you are through Phase I, you will be amazed how delicious and sweet that fruit will taste! You will enjoy it like never before - at least I did.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/201/175

Height: 5"6"

the ladies are right.....if you can give it up for only 2 weeks your cravings will be gone....just like magic
KDHW is offline   Reply With Quote