General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default What's the best thing you've been through

and why is it the best?
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 PM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

My divorce...it was also the hardest thing I went through.

I didn't want it...fought it for years...made me ill...

If I knew then what I know now...how good my life would be and how well my kids would grow up...

I would have helped her pack her bags the first time she said...I'm outta here...I would not have waited all those years...on pins and needles...trying so hard to keep something that was never really there...for her....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

My separation/divorce from my now ex-husband. Odd answer I know, but I felt so trapped with him, just telling him to leave was the best thing ever. I felt so free afterward. It was on my 29th birthday and it was the best birthday gift I have ever given myself. The divorce didn't go through til 2 years later but during that time I became a totally different person, more confident, happier, lost 40 pounds approximately (didn't have a scale) just due to lack of stress, and lack of constant fast food in the house.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

heh EZ, seems we are on the same wavelength
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Great minds think alike!...wink
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #6  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Car accident when I was 21. I almost died. I was in a coma for 4 weeks, had a traumatic brain injury and 12 broken bones. I was in the hospital for 6 weeks, in a 6-hour-a-day rehab program for 9 weeks after that, and physical therapy for 11 months total. I have 4 metal plates, 4 pins, and 27 scars.

I also have a deep and abiding appreciation for life and how beautiful the world is, and a healthy awe and wonder for the magic of it all. I have a deep respect for the frailty of the human body, and also its amazing strength. I have a deep trust in myself and my ability to persevere, and a deep trust of my family to always come through for me in any conceivable way I need. I have a very close relationship with my brother, who was terrifed of losing me. I am close to both of my parents and have their sincere "permission" to "just be whoever you are, we're just glad you're still here."

I was given the gift of starting my life with a clean slate at the age of 21, and getting to experience everything without question and prejudice. It's an amazing, blessed thing.
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote