General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default How'd you meet the love of your life?

I think I've met mine but ya never know.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

In the dorm, Freshman year in college. She lived upstairs, I lived downstairs, and technically, the first time I saw her, it was in the bathroom
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I moved to town with my boyfriend, and in spite of his attempts to keep me from it, I became friends with a girl who lived two doors down. She had a brother who was an over the road truck driver. I liked him but was saddled with a loser I couldn't seem to get rid of.

Fast forward a year or so...I get rid of loser. On the DAY I was going to ask out my friend's brother, I found out he had a girlfriend. Dangit.

So fast forward another 6-7 months. I'm dating loser #2, but only for about a week. I found out the friend's brother was single. I asked him to fix something on my truck, fixed him dinner to thank him and we got together.

It's crazy, and he doesn't believe me, but I knew I was going to marry him before we got together. Just knew it. Had our second anniversary on July 4...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Our families went to the same church from the time I was about 4 years old and on. He is about 4 years older than me, so I never really knew him, but I knew his younger sisters. When I was in high school, he started volunteering as a leader in the youth group. I developed a big crush on him. A slightly obsessive and creepy crush, looking back on it.

When I was a senior in high school, he found out I was interested, and told me he liked me, too. (He says that he had decided it was "time" for him to start dating, and I seemed like an adequate choice, lol. So romantic.) Our relationship turned out to be quite scandalous at church, since I was in the youth group and he was a youth leader. They got over it. We've been together ever since, and been married 2.5 years now.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:26 PM   #5  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

met mine on match.com. emailed and talked for a few months before we met. i liked him OK on our first date, liked him more on our 2nd, and by the 3rd, i felt like he was someone i really wanted in my life. it was a few more months though before the deal was sealed (and i was pregnant )
kuhljeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #6  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I met mine in the 10th grade
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #7  
No description available.

My friend was dating his friend and she introduced us on the soccer field at school. He had a nice smile and nice legs. Still does. That was 19 years ago!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

Met him in sophomore year in college - he was year behind me - and fixed him up with my sister! I was seriously dating another guy through my last two years of college, and 18 months after graduation I married him. We were married about 3 years. Guy #1 came back into my life about 6 months before the divorce was final - though we'd been separated for about a year by then. This time I wasn't trying to fix him up with my sister! We've been together for 38 years now.

Last edited by WaterRat; 09-25-2009 at 03:34 PM.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Uh, heh. Mine came to our house senior year of college because we threw his roommate a birthday party. My first words to him were, "Hey! You're new! Have a funnel!"

It's a good story for the future kids... riiiight. I should probably make up a new one.
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

Wow, we first met in Kindergarten. Then, we had 3rd together. Then, he moved. He happened to be going to the same school as my cousin and told her boyfriend that he seen her with another guy(her cousin) at a festival and they broke up so I hated him. At a football game he says hey aren't u Christy cousin I said yeah, who r u he told me and I started cussing him out telling him I was going to kick his as* as he was grinning at me and my boyfriend was hiding behind me. One year later he starts coming in the restaurant I waitressed in and I spit in his food(only person ever). One year after that I was invited to a prom party at a hotel(his hotel room), got drunk and started to fall down concrete stairs when I was caught by my ponytail(it was him) and the guy that was trying to date me said it was him. A few months later that same guy asked me to go to a party at DH house I made sure he would allow me in and went. By the end of that night I was sitting in DH lap and other guy was pissed. 13 years and 2 kids later I realize I have married my arch enemy!!!!!!!
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #11  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

Match.com 2003, married 2006, still madly in love!
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

Met in church youth group, took him to my prom (he was an awful date!), broke up, got back together years later and have now been married 13 years.
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #13  

We met at work, 12 years ago. He still works there, and I quit back in '01 when we got married.
MotoXMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #14  
To Maintenance-AND BEYOND

S/C/G: 252/ticker/189

Height: 5'2"

We posted on the same forum together. We conducted our relationship 1000 miles apart from one another for three years. I moved to NC in June of last year and we got married in June of this year.
Eumie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:22 PM   #15  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

I Was 15 years old~& on my way to my best friends house with my mom & grandma~My mother was taking my grandma to the store also~So when we got stuck at the red light that led to my friends house with a left turn or if we went straight would take us to the grocery store My mom Didn't signal so I jumped outta of the van (because I didn't wanna go to the grocery) And decided to walk the rest of the way to my friends house.
I forgot my Things(pajamas/purse/ect). in the van LOL~Anyways~I started walking down the street and he was crossing over to it and was looking hot!
LONG BLACK HAIR(this is when the BIG hair bands was The thing) And no shirt on.
I said" How have you been?LOL(Even though I had seen him a few years back I didn't know him Let alone his name HAHA) ~We got to talking~he walked me to my friends house and awhile later My mom & grandma came up the road to give me my things I had forgot~LOL~I told him to leave Cause My mom would kill me and I thought that would be the last time I ever saw him~He came right back as soon as they left~We have been together more or less ever since~We have been together for 18 years And married for 16 & 1/2!
He is still Cute as ever and definetly still the love of my life.

Last edited by Lori259; 09-25-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote