Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Default Hot HNS

Since winter is coming, i was wondering, are there any HNS out there that you can also drink hot? I am off coffee and thats a no go anyway and i dont see my self mixing up peach mango in hot water so any suggestions ?
nabeelmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:24 PM   #2  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I've heard that the cranberry/green tea is good hot, but I've never personally tried it. Also the hot cocoa (which is a creamy) is okay. I tried it as a pudding the other night and wasn't a big fan of it. I may try it as a drink later on though.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:25 PM   #3  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

hot cocoa as a drink is DELISH and is my staple creamy every day

otherwise, Lynn is right--the cranberry/green tea is delicious hot. tastes just like brewed lipton hot tea.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #4  
Lynn

oh leahruthie, I may have to try the green tea one. I've never bought it before. And how do you prepare your cocoa, 4 oz. of hot water?
Old 09-25-2009, 01:30 PM   #5  
Leah

i have big mugs both at home and at work, so i'm assuming it's more than 4 oz., but basically i just dump the packet in and add boiling water until it's full though i assume it would be even more chocolatey/creamier the less water you use, but i prefer to have a big mug that'll last me a while! and it never really tastes watered down, either... in fact, i like it better than the diet or no-sugar-added varieties of swiss miss.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:37 PM   #6  
Lynn

really? very interesting. Of course I LOADED mine down with marshmellows I miss that but I will be able to have that again soon I hope!
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I'm really jealous of everyone that has the hot cocoa. My center has never had it available since I've started in August. Everytime I go they don't have it. I finally got to try it from a swap basket and it was yummy, especially with a shot of decaf espresso. They always say "we got some in earlier but they sold out that day". I may just have to call them every day asking if they have more until they finally get them in, lol. Because I'm not really fond of the chocolate pudding and I haven't tried the cappucino yet.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

This might sound strange but I like to drink the strawberry/banana gelatin hot, I started drinking this past Feb. in the winter when it was cold and it is really good, especially if your sick. I only drink the cranberry green tea hot, and its good too.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #9  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

I absolutely love the hot cocoa with a splash of cinnamon in the evening. In my opinion the cinnamon adds so much. Makes me feel like I am cheating.

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabeelmalik View Post
Since winter is coming, i was wondering, are there any HNS out there that you can also drink hot? I am off coffee and thats a no go anyway and i dont see my self mixing up peach mango in hot water so any suggestions ?
The cappuccino is good hot, but I actually prefer it iced -- maybe I'll change my tune this winter after scooping a boat-load of snow!

You could probably do some unique experimentation, if you wanted, nabeel. If plain old hot cocoa doesn't trip your trigger, add a bit of mint extract. Or add 1/3 to 1/2 packet of the orange concentrate to the cranberry/green tea. Become the master mixologist of the HNS! If you come up with anything else, let me know! Good luck!

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:27 PM   #11  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I'm really jealous of everyone that has the hot cocoa. My center has never had it available since I've started in August. Everytime I go they don't have it. I finally got to try it from a swap basket and it was yummy, especially with a shot of decaf espresso. They always say "we got some in earlier but they sold out that day". I may just have to call them every day asking if they have more until they finally get them in, lol. Because I'm not really fond of the chocolate pudding and I haven't tried the cappucino yet.
Desilu, I am so surprised you have not been able to purchase it at all since August...as I am assuming you go to the same center as me in Fayetteville...I purchased two boxes a couple of weeks ago...I always WI on Tuesday and Friday and buy before the big rush on Saturday...maybe you could purchase the hot chocolate in advance and ask Marty or Sandy at the center to hold it with your name on it...I have done this in the past with a couple of supplements that they could never keep in stock. Good luck...I did go to Bike, Blues and BBQ last night and had fun...not a bike rider, but certainly enjoyed people watching NO food...watched the kids eat though without much thought...just keeping on track with MRC!
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #12  
Leah

oooh the cinnamon and the extracts are GREAT ideas!! gonna have to try those. orange hot chocolate would be delish!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

Thanks all, the thing is i am trying (and wanting) to stay of the creamie HNS stuff as much as possible I will try some suggestions posted here!
nabeelmalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

I have the hot cappuccino every morning. I was a coffee drinker, so this helps curb that need.
kccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I have bought things in advance because of that and then when things come in, they put it aside with your name on it so you can just pick it up.

My center had mixed up the lemon powder one and orange. Served hot from a coffee pot. It was good. Put in some spices and make it into a a spiced "cider" Bet a couple of cinnamon spice tea bags would give it that apple flavor. Imagine having that hot on a cold snowy day!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote