Old 09-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #1  

Angry I am beyond frustrated with losing weight

I've always been the "fat girl" since I can remember. I always try to do something crazy with my hair or be the funny one so people don't see me for the fat one but the funny one, or one with awesome hair. I've always been critisized by my father and peers, which led to emotional eating, which led to weight gain, etc. I have PCOS, so it's more important now than ever that I get my weight under control for my health.
My problem is that no matter what I try, I'm not losing any more weight. I eat healthier, I eat less, I eat more often,I walk; nothing helps.
I don't have a lot of money, so I can't always buy the healthiest or organic foods, and I can't join a gym, but I do what I can.
I have a bad ankle and I can't walk for very long periods of time without my ankle and foot getting swollen and sore...
I don't have any "friend support" and I hate even talking about weight loss with my friends because they all make it about how they need to get down to 115 from 120 because they are such gluttons.
I don't want to seem like I am full of excuses, but maybe I am...I'm just very frustrated with weight.
danio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

Rest assured that there are folks here at 3FC who can empathize with any part of your situation. Read lots. Post. Make yourself at home.
Have you found the PCOS threads yet?
I'm also going to suggest that you seek out posts by Glory87. She has an interesting no nonsense aproach to weight loss that you might find helpful.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by danio View Post
My problem is that no matter what I try, I'm not losing any more weight. I eat healthier, I eat less, I eat more often,I walk; nothing helps.
I don't have a lot of money, so I can't always buy the healthiest or organic foods, and I can't join a gym, but I do what I can.
Okay. The good news is, is that you most likely haven't tried EVERYTHING.

Have you tried - counting your calories, journaling your food, eliminating trigger foods from your environment, filling up on fiber laden veggies and fruits and low fat proteins, planning out your meals/snacks in advance, rewarding yourself, making your weight a tippy top priority, consistency with your plan, making yourself a set of rules and boundaries that you MUST abide by, making an ironclad commitment "to do this" no matter what, etc...?

Junk food is just as expensive as healthy food, so don't fret about not having lots of money. There are always in season fruits and veggies to buy and sales on cottage cheese, yogurt, chicken and turkey breast, canned tuna & salmon, canned beans, etc. And you don't need a gym. There's walking, even for short periods of time, resistance bands, dancing, and lots of other things.

As for support, well losing weight IS a solo act. No one can do it for you but you. Which is a good thing. No relying on anyone else BUT you. Besides you're in GREAT hands here at 3FC. This place is loaded with great advice, encouragement, advice and yes SUPPORT.

Losing weight and any amount IS a doable thing that anyone and everyone can do - yourself included. Know that and get excited about it and the changes that are about to take place!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

^^^
I couldn't have said it better myself!

Robin is right - you CAN do this! Really! Her suggestions are wonderful, and they WORK!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #5  

The thing is though, that I don't really eat junk food. I snack healthy, whole grain granola bars,vegetables, yogurt. I just starting calorie counting, and I'm at 1,200 to 1,300 a day. I know weight can fluctuate, but I lost 30 pounds at the beginning of this year, gained 10 back, and now I've been stuck at 235 for the past 2 months
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by danio View Post
The thing is though, that I don't really eat junk food. I snack healthy, whole grain granola bars,vegetables, yogurt. I just starting calorie counting, and I'm at 1,200 to 1,300 a day. I know weight can fluctuate, but I lost 30 pounds at the beginning of this year, gained 10 back, and now I've been stuck at 235 for the past 2 months

You mentioned your ankle? Do you get in any exercise at all? Are you sedentary or active?

Granola bars CAN be quite caloric, whole grains are not. Is the yogurt no or low fat? You didn't mention protein - are you getting in some of that?

Are you sure you're tracking each and every bite - faithfully? Are you measuring your food accurately? Is there anyway you're underestimating those calories? HAve you been consistent these past two months, strictly on plan? Or have you had some "off" days?

30 lbs? That's fantastic. Okay. Let's figure this out so that you can get the scale moving downward again...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #7  

I do get exercise, when I go walking or do any sport though, it has to be in like time increments of 15 to 20 minutes...which I do about 3 to 4 days a week. When I get the yogurt I get yoplait light...and get the 90 calorie granola bars. And yeah, I track the calories as accurate as possible. I work 7 days a week, and there are times I don't eat for up to 9 hours because I am so busy and forget to. I'm sure it probably affects my metabolism, but generally those are my only "off days". I don't really have junk food days or anything like that. And I probably am not getting enough protein, going to add more to my diet with the suggestions above.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

If you've been sticking faithfully to 1300 calories for 2 months straight with ZERO loss, perhaps it's time to change something around.

I would definitely try adding in some more exercise. Strength training is something you should think strongly about adding into your routine. You could purchase an inexpensive resistance band for starters.

As for your food, do you plan it out in advance? Aiming for 3 meals and 3 snacks spread through out the day? Be sure to include lots of fiber and protein. How's your water intake?

Lastly, I would be sure to journal every little crumb that I put into my mouth for a couple of weeks, just to be certain of what's going on. See what results you get and if you don't get any, you'll at least have a clear picture and know what to adjust.

Keep plugging away, tracking and experimenting. As frustrating as it may seem, with persistence the wight WILL come off.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

Oops. Double posted by mistake.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 09-24-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #10  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

honey i can so relate to you.. i have been stuck at 250's for a month now and i dont know what to do. ive exercised, sticked to my healthy meals and still im in the 250 range.but what i must tell myself is would i rather be stuck in the 250s or back in the 260z that i was not so long ago...i know this doesnt help but just know there are others fighting the same fight along with you..
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #11  

Thanks everyone for suggestions and words of encouragement. Going to add some changes to my daily routine and hope for the best! I'll update on my progress.