Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Question Opinions wanted: Exercise 2 x a day

Yesterday I worked out 2 times , one time around noon and again at night about 9. Does anyone else do this and has it rendered good results? My first workout was a 1 1/2 mile run on the treadmill followed by weights, my second was a 2 mile walk/run.

Btw, this is major progress for me seeing last October I started barely walking a mile. I used the excuse I couldn't run because I have had double hip surgery 15 years ago but my hips are great never been stronger.

I was feeling some stress last night and that is why I decided to hit the treadmill. I am working hard toward losing 25 more by February when I want to have a tummy tuck consult. I believe for me 25 pounds in that time is very realistic because I lose rather slowly.

Wondering if doing 2 a day possibly 3 days a week with working out 5 days a week total would be a ramp up to some major fat burn? Any experience?

Also I started weighing daily and I think it is driving me crazy. I really fluctuate during the week , today I am 3 pounds higher than I was Sunday and I have not gone too far off the straight and narrow.Double edge sword for me because I get so anxious about my weekly weigh ins too. Trying to find a happy medium here. Any advice and experience welcome.
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My general approach when I was losing was to go for a 30-minute walk in the morning most days, and then go to the gym for an hour in the afternoon five days a week. So in a way, you could say I was "working out" twice a day... but it was nothing so strenuous as the term "working out" sounds. I'd say I burned something like 300 to 350 cals a day with this exercise.

In my experience, the main thing in weight loss is the food. Exercise is necessary for fitness and to conserve/improve muscle, regulate blood sugar, cholesterol, etc. But still... it's the food.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #3  

Height: 6'1

I started doing 2x last week (but not everyday, aiming for 3x a week). Haven't noticed much yet. My lunch workouts are a lot milder than my evening workouts. I only get an hour break from work, so half the time isn't even spent on a workout. I think as long as you aren't overdoing it, you should be fine. Maybe keep one of the workouts on the lighter side.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/178/145

Height: 5'6"

I live upstairs from a fitness center and I've been "working out" 3 times a day. I've been wondering if this is unhealthy, but I usually keep it to two 20 min workouts in the morning and afternoon and then an hr. to 1.5 hrs in the evening. So far I haven't felt too run down by it, but then again who knows - anyone think this is a bad way to go?
nrz242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I do 3 workouts a day, each for 30 minutes and 3 of those days I had in full body weight/strength training.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I live upstairs from a fitness center and I've been "working out" 3 times a day. I've been wondering if this is unhealthy, but I usually keep it to two 20 min workouts in the morning and afternoon and then an hr. to 1.5 hrs in the evening. So far I haven't felt too run down by it, but then again who knows - anyone think this is a bad way to go?
I think it's a little over the top. Just my opinion.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #7  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

That gain may be as a result of your exercise: just some water so your body can soothe the muscles, most likely. But I'm not a fitness expert.

There is such a thing as "work out fatigue" apparently. Both Oxygen and Women's Fitness had an article on it this month. Read up about it (try googling) so you can recognize the signs and then decide. The LAST thing you want is to strain something and make exercise more difficult.

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 09-24-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I work out at the gym 6 days a week (most of the time). During the work week, I try to walk at lunch time with a friend of mine, about 1 1/2 miles.

One time when I had a trainer, she said that it was good to add a second workout later in the day so that you can keep your metabolism up, but it was never as much as the first workout.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:11 PM   #9  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey I think if you have the energy and you are up for it then go for it. I did today I did a 3 miles wtap and then was boared so I did a 2 Mile 30 Min one . i thnk it all depends on the person and I kinda feel that way I can get the most out of working out with out taking too much out of me all at once.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #10  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Thanks chicks . I am looking online to any information too. I think those pounds are being flushed out today if you know what I mean. Geez I never knew how happy I would be to spend time in the bathroom. LOL!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #11  

Dr Huizinga from the Biggest Loser prescribes it for his "at home" contestants, two regular workouts every day except their rest day, just looking for consistentency. It's to keep the metabolism up and keeping upthe calorie burn.
Keillynsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #12  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I do it because doing it once a day had me at a plateau. Now I am an advanced exerciser and I am starting with a trainer tomorrow to break through another plateau. I started exercising initially Monday through Friday and taking the weekends off. Then I saw how quickly the weight was coming off and how much fun I was having and starting going 7 days a week then I started doing twice a day Monday through Thursday and I am only 40 pounds away from my goal weight but yes I did stop losing weight once my body got used to the once a day and I upped it and the weight kept coming off and now I am upping it again. I love it and it feels amazing and it helps me sleep.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote