Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/in progress/132?

Height: 5' 7"

Default Anyone in the 100lb club use a pedometer?

I have a Nintendo DS and just bought the Diet Coach program. It comes with a pedometer. Anyone find that using a pedometer keeps them on track? I thought I might take a pedometer with me on vaycay next week. Has anyone found this has helped them be more aware with what they eat and how many calories they are using?
misskimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I use a pedometer every day. I can't say that it has helped me be more aware of what I eat but it definably helps me know how active I am.

It has been a good tool to help me increase my activity. On days that I fail to wear it, I have a tendency to not throw in those extra steps, parking at the back of the parking lot, etc. Now I am also using it to help me increase the number of steps that I use in a set time period. For example, I walk 15 minutes on my break at work, so I measure how many steps I get in that walk and then tomorrow I will strive to walk more steps in the same time period.

My pedometer does estimate how many calories I am burning. It is kind of fun to see but I don't use it when calculating my calorie consumption.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I have a pedometer app on my phone I use.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #4  
Recommitted: 12/29/2015

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'6" | Age: 27

I recently bought a pedometer and I'm probably only going to use it to log the distance I cover when walking for exercise, not to count my total steps day-to-day.
Enduring Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

I use a pedometer and then record my steps at Walker Tracker.

Wearing a pedometer doesn't make me more aware of what I'm eating, but, as Cheryl said, it's a very good way to keep an eye on how active I'm being.

Also, using Walker Tracker is fun because it keeps a graph of your steps walked, along with total miles, etc., and you can actually see the progress you're making as you go along.
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote