Old 09-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Advice for newbies take 2

Welcome all newbies, here is a link to the orginal advice for newbies thread. There is a ton of information in there. I recommend you take some time to read through it. If you can't find the answers you need. Post here and we will do everything we can for you!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/meta...e-newbies.html
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

So I had my first weigh-in today. Lost 3.5 lbs since Friday! Since I am new to this I can't help but be skeptical at the results what with all the diets I've been on, and all the ups and downs. Plus, Friday was food instruction and this weekend I had one last goodbye to all the foods I'm going to miss, so I didn't actually start the diet until yesterday. I'm scared and nervous and excited all at the same time. My hopes are so high that this diet will work and I can't wait until I get to the part where I won't feel skeptical and I'll be tremendously happy at the weight loss. I hope I'm not alone in feeling nervous about starting with MRC. 3.5 down 48.5 to go.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #3  
rip

S/C/G: 282

Height: 5 11

desilu0,
You are not alone. I to was skeptical but if you stick to the plan it will work, I promise. Some weeks you will lose more than others and some not at all maybe even gain a pound or two but don't get discouraged. Be sure to drink your daily allotment of water plus more if you can. The more water the more weight loss, at least that is what I have found.

The first few weeks I was on the plan that is all I thought about even wanted to break down and cry because I wanted to just be able to pull something out of the cupboard and it rather than spend time preparing the food. Now it is routine. I plan my meals and when I get home from work I immediately get my breakfast and lunch ready for the next day.

If you fall just pick yourself back up. It is so worth it.

Good Luck!

Started MRC 5/9/09
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #4  

Hello all. I started on September 1st, already had a setback due to a sprained ankle and was off program for 2 1/2 days. But back on, had first official weigh in today and lost 3.5lbs!!!!

My question is about the menu, i thought after the first 4 days I would get a new menu? My menu is the vegetarian one?
CandyR1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
So I had my first weigh-in today. Lost 3.5 lbs since Friday! Since I am new to this I can't help but be skeptical at the results what with all the diets I've been on, and all the ups and downs. Plus, Friday was food instruction and this weekend I had one last goodbye to all the foods I'm going to miss, so I didn't actually start the diet until yesterday. I'm scared and nervous and excited all at the same time. My hopes are so high that this diet will work and I can't wait until I get to the part where I won't feel skeptical and I'll be tremendously happy at the weight loss. I hope I'm not alone in feeling nervous about starting with MRC. 3.5 down 48.5 to go.
Welcome Desilu, The diet does work and as Rip said, some weeks are bigger losses then others. You will get to know your body's pattern. Congrats on the 3.5. Awesome! Keep in mind that you will go through Plataues. It is a good sign but frustrating all the same. And in the beginning, you will lose quick due to water weight, then off to the real work, fat burning. It seems to go slower but that is what we really want to lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyR1018 View Post
Hello all. I started on September 1st, already had a setback due to a sprained ankle and was off program for 2 1/2 days. But back on, had first official weigh in today and lost 3.5lbs!!!!

My question is about the menu, i thought after the first 4 days I would get a new menu? My menu is the vegetarian one?
Welcome Candy,
Hmm, not familiar with the vegetarian menu. However, the regular menus depend on your starting weight. If you start below 200 lbs then you will do the yellow for 4 days, the blue for 4 days and then green until you reach goal. If you start above 200, then beige until you reach 200 and then green until you reach goal. Not sure if there is a different color for above 250. If you are under 200 and did not receive a yellow/blue menu then ask your center if you should be doing something different.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #6  
Jaime in E. TX

S/C/G: 292.5/277.5/size 10

When I joined MRC this time, the counselors showed me their "tackle box". I thought that was such a GREAT idea. So, I went out and got one, too. I wanted to share the idea with you.

At WalMrt, in the fishing aisle, there are several different tackle boxes. The one that I got is the dbl sided with 5 compartments on each side. It's actually the smallest one that was there. Less than $3.

I filled each of the 10 compartments with my herbs and vitamins that I take from MRC. I labeled each compartment with the name of the supplement and how often/how many to take. (I printed it on the computer, cut it out and taped it to the inside of the lid.) That way, I always have my "pills" with me!!! I'll just throw it in my purse!

I love it! I was always forgetting to get my stuff before I leave the house and now I'll have it with me all the time!!

Thanx so much for all the awesome info on here!! It's made it so much easier to do the program!!

Jaime
Jaimesgettinskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/214/150

What I ended up doing was buying a big pill holder that is labeled by day/time and holds a weeks worth of pills. I load it up on Sunday for the week and I'm good to go. What is great is each day pops out of the holder and i put it in my purse or lunch box so I don't forget them.
kimtpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #8  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/196/155

Height: 5'8"

i have those too, kimtpa! makes it a lot easier to remember if they're already in my purse.
leahruthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/159/133

I just bought a pill box from WalMart today. It'll be better than lugging all those pills in ziplock baggies
shopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 239/229/155

Height: 5'5"

Default Consultation Today

My hubby and I went to MRC for our consultation today. Trying to crunch the numbers to see if we can afford it. My question is, does this really work? It seems incredible to me that in just 7-8 months I could be at my goal weight (losing 90 lbs). I'm also wondering how much my monthly food budget will go down by not eating junk. I still have three kids that will want to eat the junk. I just don't know if this is the right thing. It almost seems to good to be true.
HotMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotMama View Post
My hubby and I went to MRC for our consultation today. Trying to crunch the numbers to see if we can afford it. My question is, does this really work? It seems incredible to me that in just 7-8 months I could be at my goal weight (losing 90 lbs). I'm also wondering how much my monthly food budget will go down by not eating junk. I still have three kids that will want to eat the junk. I just don't know if this is the right thing. It almost seems to good to be true.
I wonder if they have a two fer special. That would be so fair for you both. It can be expensive, especially if you are buying for two. I would probably do without all the pills they offer and just buy the HNS's at first. The rest you can get over the counter so much cheaper.

You can save at the grocery store, but then, much of what you buy is low sodium and low cal. And for some reason, which I will never understand, are more expensive than the regular ones. You would think since they are not adding salt to an item, it would be cheaper wouldn't you? I mean that would be one less person on the assembly line with the salt shaker wouldn't you think?
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:37 AM   #12  

Quote:
It does work. It is not cheap and will require some changes in budget and lifestyle. Keep in mind that everyone loses at their own pace and sometimes that doesn't mean 3 pounds a week. But it is significant enough for me that I have kept on with it during a difficult time. I am a single parent with 3 boys. The younger 2 are still at home and are teens. I have found that I am spending more money with MRC and the healthy foods that I buy but have saved from going to the drive thru. I have cut down on the junk that I buy for my boys also. They don't have a weight problem but feel it is better to have fresh fruit for them at the house then chips. Also, less temptation for me when I am feeling hungry and lazy.
The benefits for me are way over just the pounds I have lost. I have matured emotionally and feel stronger mentally. I am proud of the new coping skills I have learned as well as my stronger attitude. I am more confident and I only see things improving from here. If I had know what I was gaining while I was losing, I would have signed up the moment I walked through the door the very first time.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #13  

Quote:
Reading practically everything at this forum was what made up my mind to go with MRC. It does sound too good to be true but if you follow the menus and take the HNS and multivitamin, then it should work. I've been on it for almost two weeks and have lost 8.5 lbs. I'm still skeptical, but it seems to be working, since the scale keeps going down. And when you hit a plateau, just remember that it's not the end of the world. Good luck and definately read some of the older posts in this forum for more information.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimtpa View Post
What I ended up doing was buying a big pill holder that is labeled by day/time and holds a weeks worth of pills. I load it up on Sunday for the week and I'm good to go. What is great is each day pops out of the holder and i put it in my purse or lunch box so I don't forget them.
I have a similar pill box. It's friggen huge. It has a Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner/Bedtime for each day of the week. I also bought a smaller one for work and just in case we eat out so I always have them with me, just not in the huge box I have at home.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/229/155

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the salt thing. They said they had a 2fer special a couple weeks ago that they would extend to us so I think we are gonna sign up this weekend after hubby gets paid. Yeah! I'm so excited. I keep thinking about all the things I'll be able to do again once I'm at goal weight.
HotMama is offline   Reply With Quote