Old 09-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Wednesday 9-23

Morning everyone. I think a few of us are on hiatus...

It is confirmed my DD has flu A. Althougth they aren't sending the test off anymore to confirm swine flu, they are treating her as if that is what she has. Apparently 95-97% of the tests that were tested all with Flu A had swine flu. She is home sick the rest of this week. I had myself tested just to be sure and I am negative.

I did great on food yesterday and hope to do even better today. I am determined not to let life's miseries get me down. I have always turned to food but am trying my hardest not to do that any more. I REALLY wanted to eat last night, not from hunger but from stress/habit/emotions but I didn't and I am so proud of myself.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  

Forgot to add... Dan.. don't give up. I am sure you will see a loss next week. Are you journaling your food? Measuring everything? Eating all your daily points? Drinking enough water? Do you do online only or are you going to meetings?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:54 AM   #3  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

Squeak - Great Job on not eating out of stress. I always thought that if I was one of those girls who "just couldn't eat a thing due to stress" I would be really skinny! I'm so sorry DD has the flu.

We've had sniffles off and on around here. One of my DC kids came today and Mom said that he has been fussy and not himself this morning. No temp, but the poor kid has been laying on the couch with his pillow and blankie since about 7:30. My young 'uns are all still okay.

Other DC baby was brought hungry, cold and in clothes way to small for him, she put his diaper on sideways and he promptly peed through it all. All she had in his bag was onesies...no socks, blankets, nothing. Glad we have a baby the same age. I just make sure the kids are comfy and to heck with the Mom. Some people are twits....it's not their kids' fault.

My Grandma finally went to a nursing home this last weekend. She has horrible problems with her health and my 80yr old grandpa just can't handle it. Neither can my 60yr old mother. Mom is so stressed out (Dad died 10yrs ago) and alone. We were "back home" briefly this weekend for my little bro's confirmation and Mom looked terrible. Her house was horrendous and she just sat and sighed. She asked me to come back this weekend and help her clean it up. I'm trying to take it easy at my own house this week so I have energy left for her house.

Baby has been up and down all night the last few nights. Don't know if I'm coming or going lately. Baked some banana bread yesterday but have only had 2 pieces - one last night and one today. Yay!

Today is our Wedding Anniversary! DH has Tuesdays off, so we celebrated a little last night with a cold beverage and a movie together after the kids went to bed.

Sorry to write a book!!
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #4  

Another anniversary! I had one on Sunday and Wifey had one this week too.

Poor DC baby. I think there should be a test before people are allowed to breed! HAH.. same things happens at school. I feel so sorry for some of my kids. It's not the kids fault. It really makes me angry to think what some kids have to go live with.

Sorry to hear your mom is having it so rough. I'd help if I were closer. Nursing homes aren't all bad and can really help the families out. Do you live far from your mom?

banana bread... yummy... Was it a WW recipe?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 AM   #5  
Less than 15 now!!

S/C/G: 220/*ticker*/145

Height: 5' 4"

September is a wonderful wedding month!!

Oh, yes - as a school nurse, you probably see it ALL. Poor kids. We do our best to care for 'em, though.

We are only about 90miles from my Mom. The home is okay - but Gma is being a pain and won't eat, snaps at the CNA's and is driving Mom nuts.

The bread wasn't "lite". I could've substituted apples sauce for the shortening to lighten it up a bunch, but alas - what did I have on hand...the shortening! I have practiced tremendous self restraint with it this time. I LoVe to bake and normally it's a baaaad thing for me. But I was reminded on this site that:

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Which, I might argue with if I had more moxey today! But it's working for now...
mortonpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 251/251/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeak351 View Post
Forgot to add... Dan.. don't give up. I am sure you will see a loss next week. Are you journaling your food? Measuring everything? Eating all your daily points? Drinking enough water? Do you do online only or are you going to meetings?
Good morning everyone

Yes, I am doing everything that I am suppose to (heck, I am even blogging about it - lol). I am attending meetings (I don't think that I could succeed doing online only).

And yes, I am feeling better today
DanC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

Today was my day off so it was also grocery day...lots of fresh veggies from the market...although dh and I did eat out for lunch, I've felt awful ever since I hate when I'm doing well all week and then I do something to muff it all up! Good thing I've learned to let it go and not let it consume me! I've also given up diet pepsi, I've had one bottle in the past week, I really am trying to focus on how much water I drink...I really have to force myself to drink it...I've been trying to drink a bottle on the way to work, 2 bottles at work and one on the way home, that's 2 litres and then I also get one or two in the evening when I workout.... urg....I wish it had been this hard to put weight on!!
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:16 AM   #8  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Had a much better day today as well. My kids were semi-well-behaved and I was warned that a couple of the classes probably wouldn't work. I don't get how the teacher can put up with them if they don't. I've got class rules that I'm interested in implementing as soon as I get my own classes (after teacher training).

Hubby is out of the country again and won't be in in time for the niece's 10th birthday party Friday night, so I'm going by my lonesome. Lots of food will be on hand (it's a kids' party!) so I'm building up my self-discipline to eat just what I need and no more.

I'm really glad it's end of term; I get a two week holiday before term 4 starts and I'm planning on using it to get some painting done around the house- starting with the bedroom and hallways. It ought to be a good workout.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Wow, it was anniversaries all around this week! Happy belated anniversaries Beth and Mortonpixie!

DH and I had a FAB time. He surprised me with flowers at work (a dozen roses in a beautiful vase) and we went out for dinner at a really nice steakhouse. SO yummy. I ate leftovers for lunch yesterday...MMMMM good!

Last edited by Wifey; 09-24-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote