Old 09-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Default Need help...

I'm having such a hard time putting myself first, the last week has been really emotional and stressful with marriage and with constant issues at school for one of my boys. My nurse said that i don't need to be 100% if I'm dealing with other stuff but I need to get back too it, I've gained 5 pounds in the last two weeks, this morning was back up to 290lbs.

Every morning I restart because I've had a bad day or night. Not exercising and I miss it, see the difference in my body already. Smoking too much. I do have a plan to quit that at least, only 4 more days and I give that up for good. i don't know how to restart, jumpstart myself, reestablish my schedule and routine and menus.

I'm committed to this but I just can't get my butt over that last little bump! Please kick me and be brutal or very persuasive! I need something inspirational, something to make me think!
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Stress will cause weight gain even if you are doing everything right, so give yourself some credit!

As much as possible, give yourself the best nutritious foods you can. You know what snacks you need to avoid--substitute them with something less dangerous! For example, allow yourself something like unlimited celery, or unlimited natural popcorn, just so you have something else to reach for.

Plan easy meals for yourself, something you can just grab and throw together, but that is friendly to your plan. Give yourself a moment to stop and think before you decide what to eat, and don't go too long between eating.

Take deep breaths...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 203 / 171 / 133

Height: 64"

Get on it, Girl! You want to be healthy and fit enough to chase down your kids and your husband and give them a good smack for the stress!
RMatS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #4  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

I'm sorry you are going through a rough time right now. It's too bad.

But, hey, sometimes life sucks. And YOU are NOT at the mercy of your circumstances. No way hose. YOU get to be in control. YOU get to say what gets between those lips. YOU and no one else.

YOU can do this. You KNOW you can. There are NO EXCUSES.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am sorry you have so many challenges right now. Do the best you can - ya know - realizing that you don't put yourself first, can help you to move forward in a more positive direction.

Keep on trying.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:12 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Since the rest of your life is out of control right now, your food choices and exercise are the one thing you CAN control, so..... JUST DO IT!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #7  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
Since the rest of your life is out of control right now, your food choices and exercise are the one thing you CAN control, so..... JUST DO IT!

Us Husker Fans must think alike! I say BINGO to this. Your nurse is being nice, stick with your plan 100%, it is the one thing you can control.

You have no other choice. You have to do this. Oh and excercise is known to relive stress and anxiety...go for a brisk walk ASAP...before the snow flies in the Yukon!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

Back last year when I first started this journey, one of the things I told myself over and over again, 50 times a day, is, I WANT TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD AND I AM WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO LOSE IT. And I meant it. I've read many of your posts...I think this applies to you too. Maybe try to start telling yourself that throughout the day, see what happens? Hugs.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #9  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Donna, I'm going to go against the popular thought here. First of all, I'm sorry that the past two weeks have been rough. As a mom, I know how hard that is, I've been there. I'm going to recommend baby steps and forgiveness. I know for me that there is no way that I was able to commit 100% to this lifestyle in the beginning. I started out slow, very slow and added things in as I was able to do, kind of like the little train that could. I started with exercise. I could commit to that. After a couple of months, I started a food journal and worked on cleaning up my diet. After that I decided that I could try drinking more water. You get the idea--baby steps. Forgive yourself, for not working the plan in the past, whether it was not eating well at breakfast this morning or yesterday--the time for a fresh start is now! Exercise will help release some of the stress as well.

As far as your son, I pray that the school knows that even though my son has screwed up that I am a good mom who tries her best. Lord knows I try, but he definitely has a mind of his own. I was telling my DD22 just yesterday that I have to tell myself that God has a plan for him and why I'm his mom, there is no other reason to explain him!

Last edited by losermom; 09-23-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added info
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #10  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You CAN control this. This is the one thing that is COMPLETELY in your control. So take it. Take the control. One on plan day after another. You CAN do this. I know you. I know you can.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Thank you everyone! I'm feel it already, that little change in mindset, especially with some inspiration posts I've been reading this morning. The morning has been good so far and I got a bit of a walk in. Drinking my green tea again instead of hot chocolate! I know I can do this, I'm in control, it's up to me! Thank you, thank you.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #12  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Oh, how I am feeling your post right now so I have no great advice to offer but I have this

I can say that sometimes in funks like these, it helps to stop thinking and just start doing. I try and remind myself of how much better I feel when I'm doing the right things like eating healthy & working out. You can do this because you HAVE done this.
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote