South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Twitterings

Good morning. We are back into summery weather after a frosty taste of fall Sunday night. My garden survived although some were hit with a hard frost. (Shhh - but I wish it would quit producing because I'm getting tired of looking after veggies!)

Big day today as the plumber is coming and I may actually have a working toilet and shower by tonight. Of course this means the water will be off so I need to scurry around and get laundry and dishes done. These country lads start early! He'll be here by seven.

Happy Tuesday! See y'all later.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I would love to help with your garden problem. I have another 6 trays of green peppers in the dehydrator. Every year after the first frost I hit panic mode and worry I won't get enough done before the first killing frost.
Good luck with the plumbing - hope you have all the amenities by tonight

This morning I meet with the boss and my soon to leave co-worker to talk task redistribution. Should be an interesting meeting. Other than that still catching up after all my recent time off and distraction.

I didn't make it to yoga last night but did get out for a nice brisk walk. Sometimes when I'm down I just don't want to deal with other people and I was definitely in that mode last night. Stayed home and worked on my back log of jars needing vac sealing and chopped peppers. Hopefully today will be a little more upbeat.

We are actually planning an overnight at the coast this weekend! After too many false starts this year it looks like one night is what's in store and we are happy to get that. Should be an intense couple of days of birding and I might treat myself to a couple of OP meals at favorite restaurants. No big sugar binges but more fat in the form of cheese or even fried clams than I usually have. I feel like we are mushing two vacations into one overnight

Until then it looks like a week of lovely early fall days here. Hope the sun is shining where you are
Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy first day of Fall! It's actually going to be quite warm here, and I'm wearing shorts today, lol!

Whoohoo, Ruth! It sounds like things are coming along! It's a shame the water will have to be off, but I hope it's only for a short time.

SOSO around here today. I have to go on a search for a heat-lamp replacement bulb for Audrey's turtle tank, and am looking forward to watching The Biggest Loser tonight, and that about sums up my day.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

OMG! He's here now and it's still dark! Maybe he's like to help me take my shower.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Fall!

Ruth, A few summers back, we had a bumper crop of okra. My dear hubby was so tired of seeing okra on the table, he rolled his handy-dandy lawn mower right over the row! When you have had enough zucchini, mow it over.

Cyndi, I hope your meeting goes well today. There are nights that I don't want to do the group exercise thing, either, but I'm the instructor.

Cottage, We never actually put away shorts here. I've worn them Christmas day before. There is always a stray warm day throughout the winter.

Me: We're going to have an interesting forensic interview today. When Daughter told Dad what happened to her, Dad got a baseball bat and visited Bad Guy's home. I don't know that he actually hit the Bad Guy, but he tore some stuff up! GO DAD!!!

Today is going to be crazy busy. Hope you all have a great day!

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-22-2009 at 07:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

We have gotten so much rain in the past two weeks, our weatherman just said, "The state is going to change our state flower to mildew." I honestly slid across the deck this morning. Yikes!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #7  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

So I take it, this is the daily chattering thread for Beachers?

I haven't actually started yet... I set my start date for next Monday so 1 week away. I have my menu for the first 2 weeks done and my grocery list for week 1 finished. I just have to wait for my unemployment check to come in order to go buy food.

On a positive note... my part- time temp agency job at a law office needs me today so I'm up early and getting ready to go accomplish something today! yay!

Oktoberfest starts this week and I am stoked for the Maple Leaf parade on Saturday morning... and gettin my sing-on at karaoke Saturday night. Late September thru October is always the busiest and most fun time for me every year.

Have a happy, healthy day all!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

Gothik! You've found the daily thread. There is also a Phase1 thread for September starters. I jumped right in here on P1.

Hi, everyone else. I'm not too chatty today, but I've been reading everyones posts. Thanks, Ruth, for the sweet note yesterday. Today is the day, and I'm calling our Vet after I finish saying hi. I really appreciate all of your kind words. We are going to let Lexi rest a bit this morning and will go to the pool for water aerobics. Rudi knows he's taking over and is going to take care of everyone while we're gone.

Love you all!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Gothik, and to The Beach! It will be fun getting to know you.

Debbie, I think it's your turn for a big hug today. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

I just got back from doing a little retail therapy, and have my bags all packed for my trip on Thursday. Right now, I just gave myself a pedicure and am waiting for my nails to dry before heading out to do some shopping for Cindy and spending the rest of the day at her house.

It's a gorgeous day here. It feels like summertime!
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth- did you get your shower in this morning. Sorry to hear about the loss of Meowee yesterday.

Cyndi- hope your meeting goes well today

Cottage- I have to cook a gallon of chilli tonight for tomorrow but plan on watch BL as well.

Chelby- sounds like an interesting day today for you.

Gpthik- to the beach

Debbie- my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

As for me yesterday was super busy- took DS to get his hair cut before all of the festivities this week. Tonight I have to cook a gallon of chilli to donate to the school for the chilli dinner tomorrow. Tomorrow is the HOmecoming parade and then some games at school. So I am busy busy this week, but getting in some good exercise this week and staying op.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

I'm packed and Jazz just lay down in the open suitcase! Do you think he's telling me something. The little darlings go to the kennel later today - they love it there because they can bark as much as they want.

I have a meeting tonight and will be outta here by 8:30 tomorrow. I have a Brockville quilting class (another Block of the Month or BOM), will grab lunch and then head for Syracuse. If I get there early enough, I may work in a trip to Carousel Mall and do some shopping. Thursday morning, I'm on my way.

The plumber is working away and singing opera! Sounds pretty nice and he's not even Italian. Now I'm jonesing for a pasta lunch.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I got a bad case of the grumps! stress day and I already ate my 2 emergency snacks. I brought lunch but we have a bbq at lunch time so I'm just hoping to avoid the sugar table!
Ruth One of the cats always ends up in the suitcase while the other tries to get us to stay!. . .How good a singer is the plumber?
Rose that's awesome so glad you're so involved
Debbie Heres a big hug for you love!
Welcome Gothik!!! its a great bunch of peeps
Chelb ooh Fried Okra!!! btw ITA GO DADDY KICK BAD GUYS BUTT! be safe in the rain lady!!
Cottage ok now I have to know what color are your toes?
Cyn cheese and fried clams? Can I come???
I'm going to see U2 on Thursday with DH and My sister so that is what's keeping me going today! I love the Edge he's so Sexy!
ok back into the breach!
Kierie
Old 09-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 301/284/220

Just saying hi since I am new here.

Rain and gloomy skies here in the Midwest today. Feels like fall is around the corner.

The bright spot of my week......16.5 pounds lost so far on SB. Entering 3rd week on phase 2.

have a great day everyone.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Fantastic OB! Cool here, too. Have a great day.

I'll try to be back to my chatty self tomorrow. Our Vet has come and gone, and we're going to take Alpha Rudi for a walk. Very sad day, but Lexxiss would want us to all go on. Thanks, everyone, for the special messages.

First day of Fall, I think I'll take Rudi to the farmers market. The community gardeners are selling produce today and I think I'll buy a bunch of stuff for drying. That'll keep me occupied tonight. Maybe a special dinner.

I think it's a very good day to stay OP.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:00 PM   #15  

Good Morning All - or should I say Good Afternoon. You are all up way before the sun starts to shine here and have your days half done. It's a beautiful "bluebird" day in the Pacific Northwest - not a cloud in the sky, but the snap of fall in the air. Hope you all have a wonderful day and special hugs to you Lexxiss.
Closed Thread