Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Default Silly thing, but i'm proud of myself...

Ellipticals always have destroyed me, quickly. So much so I never got on one if someone else was near by because I did not want to get embarrassed by having to get off of it after 5 minutes with jello legs ready to pass out!

The longest I've only ever gone is 8.5 minutes. I've been working out really hard to get my leg strength up.

I went to the gym this morning at 0530 before anyone else was there and decided to see what I could do.... 21 minutes!

It AMAZES me to see how stamina and abilities change.... something that 3 weeks ago would have NEVER happened, I did today - and it wasn't unbearably hard!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Hey you! I haven't seen you around in a LONG time. I am totally with you on the elliptical thing, they kill me. I can hardly go 10 mins on one without taking a 30 second break to get a drink of water 21 mins is AWESOME!!! Yay!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:43 AM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

Kate, that is wonderful! It's not silly at all! I've definitely used that trick of going to the gym when it's not crowded to try something I'm afraid I'll look silly doing. It makes me more confident to do it when people are watching (though I've learned people aren't really watching that much ). It's amazing how we really can change our bodies, our habits, our outlook, anything through a little work and determination!

Keep up the good work!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:47 AM   #4  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

That's great...when I started out I was dying before I could get through 10 minutes of anything...now I can go an hour on the Arc Trainer...my cardio of choice. Keep it up before you know it you will be at 30 then 40 or even 60 minutes!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I'm with you on the elliptical thing. My husband bought me an elliptical because my doc said it would be a great choice of cardio for me due to some joint injuries. When I first got the thing I couldn't do 5 minutes straight even with the resistance at minimum. I started really trying with the exercise thing in July. Now I am doing 30 minutes straight and I am even using resistance. I can even make it from the back of the house to the kitchen afterward in order to get a drink, no limp noodles for legs. 21 minutes is great after only 3 weeks of working out. You should be proud of yourself. If you are anything like me the amount you can do at a time will really start zooming up now. It has been so much easier to add the last two 5 minute increments on than it was the 3 before them and I am having to hold myself back from adding the next one on before I am scheduled to. As for the people at the gym, most of them aren't watching and for the ones that are I have learned to just keep in mind that they will keep watching as I improve and they will be impressed. I turned my fear of an audience into an enjoyment of it by thinking about that. So you go to the gym and you rock that elliptical!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Not silly at all! Awesome! Congrats
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #7  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I must agree with Michelle.

what you have accomplished puts you one step closer to your goal!!
keep up the great work!!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #8  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I do this too! My body is getting used to the cardio that I do now so I wanted to try something harder and I make sure to check out some of the other machines on Friday nights when not many folks are there. I know no one's paying any attention to me but still...

And so far I can't do the elliptical or the thing that's sort of like a stair climber even 3 minutes!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 183/180/130

Height: 5' 1"

I'm right there with you. I used to try to do the elliptical machine for 30 minutes and would die around minute 5, but I would push myself to keep going..just on a lower incline and lower resistance. Ever since I started my weightloss journey I've really impressed myself. I actually got on the elliptical machine at resistance (10) and incline of 9 and 16 (I did interval) and I managed to work out for 65 minutes! I couldn't believe it...now I can easily do an hour.

It takes hard work but it's a great feeling when you overcome the challenge huh?

Great job!
Sheila
SheilaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Well done! Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:16 AM   #11  
Bikini Season :)

Thanks guys!

Good to see you Luvja! - I got into Onederland and ended up stopping all my efforts, gained it all back (and then some) and lost motivation for a loonnngg time. BUT i'm BACK!

Gonna hit the gym again today - the goal 25 minutes!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote