Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/190-ish/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Best equipment for a tiny apartment?

I've been on a nearly year-long bout of hopelessness and not doing a darn thing about my weight. As a result, my weight is at the highest it's been since I've started losing, and I'm sick of it. I've considered ordering some sort of exercise equipment for the home, because my agoraphobia makes going to the gym unlikely. Unfortunately, I share a tiny apartment with two other humans and four cats (just brought the fourth home tonight!).

I was thinking of something along the lines of this:

http://www.allegromedical.com/exerci...r-p191896.html

But I don't know what kind of thing would be best. That's the sort of size range I'm looking for though - something that doesn't really need assembling and can be easily dragged in and out of a closet. Anyone have any suggestions?
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #2  

Exercise bands and dumbbells...Very effective and no storage issue.Great exercises are available on line for their use.Good Luck.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

That look's pretty awesome if stair stepping is something that u think u would like and u can stick to. Myself, I find u can't beat a good exercise video and a set of dumbbells. The 10 minute solution videos are pretty good and broke down into segments so u can start with just one segment or u can do the whole video. However, if u are not dance inclined don't waste ur money on the dance ones.
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #4  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

If your wanting to do steps... a simple aerobic step is cheap and fits under a bed or whatever very well... you can increase the riser heights as you get more fit. Either do DVD step workouts w/ it or just step up and down while you watch tv.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I was also going to say exercise DVDs.. Jillian Michaels gets good reviews, cardio and weights in one and you only need 3lb-5lb dumbbells.

If money isn't an issue, Beachbody has excellent programs that use just dumbbells and most of their programs show modifiers using the bands. The newest program Insanity doesn't use any equipment, just body weight and are tough kickbutt workouts
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:27 AM   #6  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Mini steppers are great (try before you buy though), so are smaller exercise bikes (if you have the space).
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #7  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I second the bands and dumbbells. And, don't be afraid to lift heavier weights if you can. Also, check out fitness channel if you have cable. They have several workouts that you can either do with minimal equipments or no equipments.

The mini stepper link you posted was not something I liked. Before I bought it I tried it at a store and felt that I would fall while doing this stepper. I guess my balance is not too great . They do have ones with handles.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/154

Do you live on the ground floor?
If you do the mini trampoline can be a good option, rebounding is good fun and can be doen while watching tv, which is always a bonus for me

Last edited by KboP; 09-22-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: I forgot basic rules off english
KboP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

I really like the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's by Leslie Sansone. You need only a couple of square feet of floor space to walk in and you can use handweights while you work.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote