South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Mutterings

Here we go with another week of Beachin' it! I'm off to the gym in a bit. Right now I need coffee and some thinking time.

One of our moderators, Meowee, died yesterday and I need some time to get my life back in gear.

See y'all later.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Miraculous Monday Musings

Good Morning Everyone

I'm up early and had a few moments to reflect how miraculous it is to be here today, still OP. It seems that for years, achievements have been celebrated with bad food.

I read through the weekend thread and caught up on all the comings and goings. Now it's time to move forward.

Thanks for all your interest in our little doggie event. I'll post pics as soon as they're avaliable. It was very touching; the actual parade was walked in honor of Lexxiss and her service to the community. Rudi just spent the day being a little confused; he was all decked out and his just couldn't seem to get any attention from his teammate.

So, I'm off to a new week, which includes getting back to the pool. I went last night and it was heavenly. We're going to buy a small freezer at Costco....and sadly, start our emotional step of letting Lexi go somewhere more comfortable. She's still in great spirits, but her body has just failed her.

I have a bit of leftover lentil soup and I need to do a little restocking of my SB fridge. Planning ahead is still my best strategy.

I'm really greatful for all of your support here; I miss you all when it gets so crazy-busy. Have a great start to your week. I'm excited to hear whats going on.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, everyone.

We had some pretty sad news here yesterday, and lost a dear friend. Meowee will be deeply missed. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to get to meet her and get to know her IRL.

It's a cold morning and Autumn is clearly on it's way. We winterized the pool and stowed all the summer stuff away yesterday. At least it warms up and becomes quite pleasant in the afternoons.

I'm off to the hairdresser's before I head to work. This afternoon should be interesting, as I have two little girls who will have to be in two separate places at the same time. At least one will be done 1/2 hour before the other so I'll be able to pick them up on time!

Have a good day, all, and give your loved ones a hug.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another lovely early fall day on tap around here.

Ruth & Cottage - I am so sorry to hear about Meowee.

Ruth - How are the gym workouts going?

Debbie - I so love your attitude. We have a small chest freezer. I love the space but wish I could come up with a better way to organize it. Seems every few weeks I just have to tear everything out to see what's hiding in the bottom.
I hope you have some lovely moments with Lexi this week. I remember we scooped Fox up (no small thing as she was still about 60 lbs) and loaded her into the car for a drive. She always loved riding in the car though she always wanted to go home as soon as we got where we were going

Cottage - Well at least it will be a lovely day for driving

I'm kind of dreading this work week. I've been out more than in the office the last month, so a lot of catching up to do. Then my team member just gave her two week notice. If you've seen my wedding pics on facebook she is one of the woman who is in a whole lot of pics. We've worked together most of the last 8 years (she left for a year but came back). 2 years ago there were 4 of us at the center of things in the agency. We had a similar vision of things, a sense of history, and three of us have a semi-regular happy hour get together. Now I will be the only one left. I've been so busy with family this week I haven't had time to process but Saturday it really hit me. Now I have two weeks to settle in and get ready. Looks like my hours will return to 40 as the boss is hoping to distribute her hours amongst those who had reductions. On the surface that is a good thing but does make me concerned about capacity going forward. so much to figure out.

At least it's September and I have yoga to look forward to tonight! I'm going to be one achy girl in the morning because I have not practiced once since our teacher took her vacation It will be really nice to get back to starting the week off with yoga though!

Now to get going on this week.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth and Cottage, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I can't remember who she is, but she obviously touched a lot of lives. People in the General Chat are sad this morning, too.

Debbie, It sounds like your weekend was a great success. I'm sending big hugs your way. What kind of dog is Rudi? Is he a service dog, too?

Cottage, Good luck with your pick-up-and-delivery service this afternoon!

Me: There shouldn't be anything spectacular on the schedule this week. There are a couple projects on my desk that have been sitting there a little too long. But, hey, who wants to file??? Not my favorite task.

Jeff is getting the minivan ready to sell. I think he's going to put it on Craig's List. It was so against-his-grain to buy a new vehicle while an old one was still running. My minivan has 232K miles on it. I practically ran the wheels off it. But, as Jeff says, "It still has cold air!!!" Anyone interested in a 1999 Dodge Caravan Sport... Cheap?

Hope everyone has a great Monday. As Cottage says, "Hug our loved ones today."

ETA Cyndi: Good morning! I'm sorry your coworker is leaving. I kind of have a similar situation in my office. 4 of my coworkers are 63+ and all are planning on retiring by 66. My office is going to change dramatically in the next 3 years. My boss asked me if I'm interesting in learning Grant Writing. I couldn't say NO quickly enough!

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-21-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Chelby - Good morning Hey, cold air is more than my car has now!
I so wish I had any interest in grant writing. Sadly I think it's the one stable employment area in no-profits right now.
Have a good day my soon to be beach going friend
Old 09-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

True Cyndi. How would you advertise that job? "Poorly paid, tedious, reduntant job. Apply NOW!"
Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Okay, doesn't sound as appealing there. Where I am development folks are paid the most, second only to exec directors. Still seems really dull to me though.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, all!

I found out about Meowee this morning and was just shocked. I didn't realize she'd gotten so much worse lately. What a loss for us all. I knew she couldn't be there later this week, but I didn't realize that she'd be gone to us all by then.

It was a gorgeous weekend. DH spent most of the end of the week and the weekend getting prepared for, working at, and helping clean up from the Irish Festival that his group puts together. It was a rousing success and a lot of fun; the weather was just glorious!

I did some crafting and baking (SF/WW graham crackers and a SF/WW grape pie) on Saturday, then headed over the help at the festival. Yesterday, DH and I drove up to the lake, had lunch at a winery featuring local food, and picked up 12 qts. of Concord grapes for pies. (I went a little overboard! Think I'll be making some pies for friends...) We also got some local Honeycrisp apples...

Have a great day on this last official day of summer, and if you knew her, please send up a special prayer for Meowee.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/see tracker/150

Hi all,

Just read some old posts about/by Meowee to get a better sense of the situation, and now I'm feeling so sad along with you all. It sounds like the seriousness of her situation came as something of a shock to everyone.

Ds is at preschool, it's raining, and I'm having coffee and one of those eggy "cinnamon roll" breakfast things from Phase I, very sweet and cinnamon-y indeed. Have to shower, get to school, and get ready to lecture on Hinduism and maybe Buddhism (if I get to it) in a few hours. Dh is taking the nursery apart connecting our electricity to the solar panels he's been putting up as shutters all around our house. He built and wired up this house in the first place, so he knows what he's doing. I just smile and nod.

Deana
Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning Ladies:
Ruth, Cottage & Laurie I'm so sorry for the loss of Meowee.
Cottage you have a lot on tap today! Take pics of the new 'do!
Debbie You are an amazing Lady! Lexi is so blessed to be yours
Cyn sounds like a week of Juggling The yoga will definitely center you!
Chelb do you have an MP3 Player or access to music that's the only way I get thru drudge work! (and I have a bucket of it!)
Laurie an Irish Fest and baking sounds lovely There was 1 down the shore here but DH has a big radio contest coming up so he worked on his bigarse Antenna and I wrote in the grass
Deana I love learning about all that stuff!

Yesterday DH and I went to a car s how with his friend for VW enthusiasts so now DH wants a VW bus! eep
I Made a deep dish Meatloaf (translation after adding some bonus ingredients it Domed over my Pie plate. I took a pic it was pretty green and yummy
and I found an almond Muffin recipe and tweaked it to make it a little more carby and less fat I replaced a stick of butter with a half cup of NSA Apple sauce. I posted it in WLS thread but if you all want it here I'd be happy to oblige
super moist!

While I didn't know her well. . .the loss of Meowee has me thinking. We're really lucky. In this world where ppl run around like Crazy and get wrapped tightly in their own lives. We have a bunch of people to check in with daily/multiple times a week that are part of our lives.

Finding this place was one of the best things I've done for me
Kierie
Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 PM   #12  
sophie

Good afternoon,

Cottage and Ruth sorry to hear about your friend, Meowee. Ruth, I remember your visit her and aren't you lucky to have that wonderful memory.

Cyndi - sorry to hear that all you work friends are gone. As they say the only thing that is constant is change. Enjoy your yoga.

Chelby - enjoy your new car.

Laurie - I never tasted pie from concord grapes, does it taste like wine then I am all for it.

Debbie - sorry for what you are going thru with your beloved dog. I lost mine a year ago and she was 15, can't look at another goldie without getting sad but DH, who is very sensitive just doesn't want to go thru that again. He is the one that brought her to the vet to put her down, I just couldn't go.

Kierie - I will look up your almond muffin recipe. I alway play music when I am weaving or beading it is just so relaxing.

Deana - you made me laugh because I have one of those husbands that is always fixing something around here.

me - pretty good weekend SB wise even with company but maybe too much wine. Did my walk this morning and menu for the week. I made a very nice zucchini soup for company which is totally SB friendly will post it soon.
off to get some paint for our deck. We have this tax credit this year for renovations and I have never seen so much going on in the neighbourhood.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread