Old 08-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/160/110

Height: 5/2

Lightbulb Zig Zag diet does it work???

Has anyone hit a plateau and gotten off it by zigzagging. If so, let me know how you did it. I a trying if for the first time as I have been stuck at the same weight for a couple weeks and I am praying this works. Let me know.
mddieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

What is the Zig Zag diet?
Rizeninme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/151.8/125

Height: 5'3 and a bump =}

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddieter View Post
Has anyone hit a plateau and gotten off it by zigzagging. If so, let me know how you did it. I a trying if for the first time as I have been stuck at the same weight for a couple weeks and I am praying this works. Let me know.
Is the 'zigzag' diet the same as calorie shifting/cycling. If so, I know a lot of fitness professionals follow this philosiphy, and it works. I haven't tried it yet, but, have been thinking about it, seeing as I am following a form of a fitness professionals' nutrition plan.
madison27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/163/120

Height: 5'4"

I haven't tried this myself although I have considered it. From what I have read online, it is good for jump starting weight loss after a plateau so maybe it will work for you
liss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #5  

i wanted to do this but scared i would zig zag too high and now actually due to a road trip i'm gonna try it starting tomorrow and let you know how it goes...all figures will be guesstamatied of course due to not being able to help that i have to eat more than i'm doing now then i'll be back on track and see the results....wish me luck...
nycagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

I zig zag (on WW Online) and it helps me a lot. I was stuck in the same weight for about 3 weeks...then I started zig zagging (and doing 30 Day Shred) and I dropped 4 pounds in a week.

Yeah, it kinda freaked me out so I started raising my low calorie days and my loss has slowed down a bit.

I think zig zagging works very well.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes I'll zig-zag unintentionally, because I'm not a calorie planner and when I count up my cals for the day it'll be higher or lower than my normal amount. When I make a point of it, example: lowering my cals after a few high days, it seems to make a difference. You can google calorie shifting, zig-zagging etc and find charts & examples how to do it the "right" way.
Sorry if this was all ramble-y!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #8  

Lightbulb Zig zag seems to be working

I am proud to say I am off my plateau. I lost 2 lbs in the first week.(last week) I will let you know how this current week goes. I went to a website that has a zigzag calculator on it and followed the numbers and ...Yahoo!!! One warning is... I am really hungry on low days but I don't mind because it balances out with bigger cal days. I feel rewarded and so full that the hungry days just make me look forward to the treat of the higher cal days. Hope that makes sense.

Let me know if anyone else is doing this and if you have had or are having success with it.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 292/246/170

Height: 5'5

hmm I'm interested to know this myself. I've heard about it....I just got a little confused and decided to do the FSD. I hope it works for you though!
SmileyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Here's a thread if you want to check it out - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calo...g-zaggers.html
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #11  

Default ZigZag Calculator

I use the ZigZag Calculator done by Natural Physiques. I am up to 3 or 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I like the big cal days....

Just look for it on google.

Last edited by mddieter; 09-19-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddieter View Post
I use the ZigZag Calculator done by Natural Physiques. I am up to 3 or 4 lbs in 2 weeks. I like the big cal days....

Just look for it on google.

Here's the link for the calculator from Natural Physiques

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=64
Old 09-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #13  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

hmmm, thats odd. ive never seen a calorie calculator that doesnt ask for your gender or height. does it not matter?
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

I am not sure Julia.

I wasn't advocating it, I just posted the link for any who may be curious.

I have used the one at http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm before but right now I am just judging by how my body reacts with different caloric intakes and my daily average the past couple weeks has been around 1350 and I am in the 180s so I am pretty damn happy

Last edited by Onederchic; 09-19-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #15  

Default calulator and what it does

The idea is that it is not judging your correct goal weight by gender, it leaves that to you but it is taking your weight and averaging a calorie intake that would make you lose lbs at that weight. Say 1800 would be your average for losing weight. OK instead of sticking at 1800 everyday and setting the starving hormones off, it is mixing it up so your body can not get used to it. You will still average the 1800 per day just some days you eat higher and others lower. When you put your info in it will give the you average it is using on the very top line and then mix it up each day. My guess is that we really don't need to take gender into account if we are not looking for a target weight as we already know on our own what our target is. Sooo regardless of gender, you weight 180 lbs and want to lose weight. The calculator gives you the figures that will make that happen. No gender needed. As your weight changes you plug in your new number and get a new average. BUT, the important thing is that your body should not be able to get used to the cycling and you don't hit the yucky plateau. I would guess you could change the numbers to anything you want if you knew the average cals you should be eating in a day... as long as you follow the pattern of high & low. But I do not like to think that much. LOL