Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 09-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Six Week Body Plan

Has anyone tried this plan?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Yes a few years ago when I wasn't working and able to to fix 5-6 small meals a day. It works, but was time consuming.
YosemiteGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Thanks.

I'm doing more research and it begins to sound like people have not been happy with their orders and it's difficult for them to get their money back.

Anyone else have any information?

Jay
Old 09-20-2009, 06:41 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

OK, I found some interesting reviews on this site:

http://dietbites.com/Michael-Thurmon...er-review.html

They told me enough for me to figure out that I don't want to try this. Evidently there is a lot of food prep involved if you are going to stay on the plan exactly, and I don't like cooking. Also, it sounds like people who were successful on the plan had not had success at doing something else, and that's not my situation. I guess it's a case where "your mileage may vary," because some people were successful while others gave up pretty quickly. I didn't see reviews from anyone who followed it exactly but failed to lose--but I didn't read through them all.

Jay
Old 09-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #5  

Hi Jay,

I was referring to this plan also once known as " Providia " in a recent post on this forum.

I had MUCH success with this plan. I actually lost 40 lbs in just under 2 months. It was my own fault that I fell off the plan.

While this was about 6 years ago ... I remember some people having problems with their orders ... but I also know that you can't order something and expect it there the next day or two from a BIG company unless you pay the extra $$ for it like I did. I didn't have any problems getting my shipment.

I know that they offer more things along with the kit than they once did. But even back when I did it ... the tools they gave you were invaluable.

I'll warn you that it is a strict plan that you need to stick to in order for it to work. BUT ... it does work. They give you food plans and exercises for your particular body type and what you are aiming for. All people have different body types that work/dont work with different foods. They give you all of this to determine your body type and what plan is best for you. It's also different for men and women, again, all included.

You are able to work with REGULAR foods. A lot of fresh produce ... but its nothing like WW where you have to purchase their food or anything. It's all in how you prepare your foods and portion sizes. It also stays away from sodium.

There are MANY recipes that you can make with what you are able to use ... dont expect chips or junk food on the menu while youre on this BUT you can make delicious muffins ... even cookies ... pancakes ... waffles ... etc etc and thats just breakfast. Its all about the preparation and portion of your foods ... and exercise.

I say give it a go if you have strong will power! I have absolutely NO complaints.
Smilette31 is offline   Reply With Quote