Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:33 PM   #1  

Smile Hello

Hi all my name is Danielle... I am ready to start my new diet on Monday. I weigh the highest I ever have in my entire life. I tend to lose weight easilly but gain it back easilly too. I have done this before I once weighed 216 and lost weight and ended up at 157. I now weigh 250. I don't want to make it to 300. I was always scared of 250 and here I am. I gained most of my weight back after having my 2 children. I didn't gain much while pregnant b ut after the fact I just piled on the pounds. I find it very hard to diet and exercise being a single mom. I work a full-time job that supports me and my children but I also sit on my butt in a chair all day long and that doesn't help not one bit. I work in a call center and it can be a very stressful job. I suffer from depression in the winter time and have heard alot about excercise and its effect on depression and think it could help me out as we are approaching that time of year. I can eat right at work its at home in the evening when I am extremely hungry and I would eat whats right if it could be done quick. Especially considering I have children to cook for also. I'm not a morning person but I am going to do my best to work out at least a 1/2 hr to start with in the morning. I find each stage of dieting has its hardships.... First when you start dieting you have to change your habits, you can't necessarilly "see" the improvement, other people can't tell, and your clothes don't fit any looser. If you get past that stage you can find motivation in other peoples compliments, the loose jeans, and the energy that comes from keeping it up. One thing I always struggled with was the fact that no matter if I lost 1lb or 100lb's you can't see it in the mirror.... so crazy. Blind faith is very difficult. I have promised myself I will not weigh myself except once a month.... the obsession of the plateaus and did what I ate today "ruin" everything is a little too much for me. I threw out my scales today. This weekend I will be making a trip to the store and Monday is the day. I have made a list of reasons why I am dieting, and even wrote a letter to myself hoping that when the time comes and I have lost all motivation I can turn to those to remind me why this is so important to me and that I can do it. I hope turning to you wonderful bunch of ladies and gentlement will be just as helpful. I am excited but scared I will fail. I know this is long and I want to thank you for reading.... BTW what helps you get through the days when you just don't feel motivated? Also any quck meal ideas?

Thanks again,

Danielle

starting weight 250 goal 150

Last edited by princessplusthree; 09-18-2009 at 09:38 PM.
princessplusthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:36 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Danielle and welcome to 3FC!

I am wondering why wait until Monday? Start now to getting your life and health back on track. Be excited to start the journey

Good luck with your goals

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:48 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply I guess I am waiting until Monday because in my mind its a "new" week and I still have a trip to the grocery store to make. One of my downfalls happens to be I expect perfection. I know it can't be that way but I gues when I start I want it to be perfect..... sounds silly I know but if that is going to help jumpstart my motivation then it is what it is.... I may start Sunday if I get to the store tomorrow!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:58 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

I can understand. It's just for me, I remember so many times I was waiting for Monday and Monday never came so I reckon I was relating it to my own experience, sorry . I wish you all the success in the world. You have definitely come to the best place for support, encouragement, advice, tips and more
Old 09-18-2009, 10:05 PM   #5  

Thanks again Michelle!!! Oh and I wanted to congratulate you on your success in the fact you quit smoking. I have never had the habit but some of the many people that mean alot in my life do and they have tried and have not been successful. I would say if you can do that you can do just about anything. If you ever need anything Michelle please feel free to contact me!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

Awww thank you so much!!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #7  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you joined us!
You absolutely CAN do this - and - you CAN maintain your loss.

3FC is a great support and resource for your journey. I hope you will post often!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #8  
Barb

S/C/G: 197.5/190/187.5/177.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Onderland! congrats on quitting smoking. It will be nine years for me on October 22nd so I know what you have done and what an accomplishment it is. Way to go. I started Weight Watchers one week ago. I weigh in tomorrow. I stuck like glue. Let's hope the scale shows a positive result. Princessplusthree - you can do it! Yes, we can, yes, we can!
zippymoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #9  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

id guess that most everyone here had many many failures before they had a success, dont let that get you down!

you can do it!!!!
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #10  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Hello, Danielle, and welcome to the forums. This is a great community, so glad you joined. When I struggle, as we all do at some point, I find strength from 3FC. Here you will find an excellent source of inspiration, motivation, and support. We are all here for you when you need us. Best of luck.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:42 PM   #11  

Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Welcome aboard!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 03:06 PM   #12  

Default You Are My Picture Of Hope

I read your bio and show my husband your pics of before and after and he says see honey it can be done. I have ask God to help me as I am on my journey (i am at 40 pounds but have a long way to go) but I need to be thankful for the 40 and stop beating up myself because it seems as though this will take for ever!! thanks for sharing your story !!
Smileydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #13  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! I'm glad you're here! Surf around and settle in. We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise & more!

Be sure to check out the 100 lb Club for lots of support!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote