Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #1  

Default Ready to start stabilization - any recommendations

They are ready for me to start stabilization but I am a little nervous as I continually fight with 3 to 5 pounds. Is anyone on stabilization and what have you done and how is it working for you?
Bobsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

im on week 6 of stabiilization
i dont know how active you are, exercise wise, but i continued to still loose while on stabilization. However, i am sticking with this last week of stabilization (and have been repeating it over and over) because i keep losing and gaining the same pound and a half. Dont expect much difference, food wise for the first few weeks. its not until week 5 or so that you start eating a LOT more..... the first week is something like you add a serving of starch at lunch, but only 3x during the week, the next week you get to add a small fruit serving at breakfast, once again only 3 X that week.....by week 5 you are getting xtra starch at every lunch, fruit at every breakfast, dairy twice a day, fat (like peanut butter) everyday and a higher glycemic vegy (like carrots/peas/onions or butternut squash at dinner). This "full" menu is when i started gaining and losing the same couple of pounds. However, im one of those people that if you give me an inch ill take a mile, so i started "indulging" little cheats more once i got there......
good luck with stabilization!! Oh ya, and the fruits and carbs you get to add are totally different than the ones you are allowed to eat on the green menu..you can have bananas (1/2) bagels(one half) cereal, graham crackers, plums, stuff like that
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #3  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

I got put on Stabilization when I had 8 lbs to get to goal. I had been weighing the same for the previous week, but one counselor who had continued to lose during stabilization, felt I was ready. I stayed the same weight for week 1 - eating extra starch for lunch 3 times, and after 1st day of week 2 after I had added a fruit to breakfast, showed a pound gain. A different counselor felt I should be at goal weight to before starting Stabilization, so she put me back on Green menu. I dropped 2 lbs each of next two weigh-ins and 1 lb following the weekend, so at 4 lbs from goal, they put me back on stabilization. I went up 1 lb two days later after 2 lunches with added starch, but it was a late evening weigh-in, so I'll wait until next week to make any judgments.

A couple of explanations - 1) I usually plateau every 10 lbs or so and was at that point when they put me on stabilization the first time, 2) the pool I exercise at was closed for 3 weeks (has reopened now) and 3) the person who does yoga at our center was on vacation and then there was Labor Day so I missed 4 yoga sessions (and didn't replace these with any other formal exercise) and finally, this was about the weight I had been at from age 12 until we started trying to get pregnant when I was 36 - I gained 20 pounds drinking Adele Davis's Tiger Milk Shakes - very nutritious but also very calorie laden. My weight then fluctuated between 170 and 200 over the next 25 years - two pregnancies, 3 hip replacements, gall bladder surgery, always wanting to lose weight, trying to eat healthfully but never knowing what or how to really lose until MRC. I am so grateful but am so ready to get on to maintaining and off these restrictions.

I'm going to try and find the Stabilization Thread and read it - each time I try I start reading other interesting threads and run out of time before I find it. Oh well, I always learn something. Good luck on your journey, jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #4  

Thanks, I think that you told me what I already suspected. I am worried because I usually bike 3 times a week but recently hurt my back and haven't been able to exercise so I think that I am going to have to be really careful because I still want to lose 5 to 8 pounds. I just don't want to feel forced to at this last phase.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #5  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

For those starting Stabilization, MRC Maintainers thread is all about Stabilization and Maintenance. I just spent the weekend reading the tread from the oldest post to its current. There are a couple great information posts on it as well as some great recipes for maintenance. I will bump it so those of us who are getting to this point can join in.

jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #6  

Thanks for doing this, wouldn't you know they tell me to go to stabilization and I am up 1 pound, what the heck!!