Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 AM   #1  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Default Bad Scale Day...

Ok I just want to vent a little before I go to bed because today was not one of my favourite of this journey. So I weigh myself Sundays and Thursdays even though I only record my Sunday weights. I was really happy with my last Sunday weight because it seemed like the fall equinox goal might actually be within reach and I also re-started the exercise part of my plan this week, so I was feeling pretty good about myself and then I weighed myself this morning and was up 2lbs. I won't lie it RUINED my day. I don't know what I expected but the crazy conspiracy theory part of my mind was like: "obviously my body hates exercise and exercise is making me gain weight and sabotaging my fall equinox goal." I know its stupid though so I jammed in my earphones and marched along outside angrily to my angriest angstiest music for 3 miles knocking aside old ladies and stomping on small children as I scowled (ok not really with this last part but let's just say I wasn't Miss Pleasant); it was basically silly and a 3-mile tantrum in retrospect. On the upside came back with mental clarity about how silly I was being but on the downside my crappy attitude remained... <sighs> I'm just disappointed with myself because I was competing with myself for a goal and I worked hard for it (ok I could have worked harder with not falling off the exercise wagon until this week) and now I'm going to be a week or two late with meeting that goal I think and that makes me sad because I want my journey to be like a Disney movie where everything happens in perfect timing. Anyway I feel better for the rant and the whining and I'm hoping I'll wake up with a better disposition. I'm glad I can whine and complain here since I haven't really declared my weight loss journey to anyone and am kind of on the down low with it...

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 09-18-2009 at 02:40 AM.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Ah I HATE bad scale days!!! It's so disheartening and makes you feel like its wasted efforts.
I got weighed on Monday at 238 and then the next day it was saying I was 241 I wanted to scream, but finally now it's saying I'm around 237.5. But I've learnt to take my weigh-ins during the week with a pinch of salt and not take them to heart, the only ones I care about are on Monday. I guess weight can just fluctuate during the week, it's good you went on the walk to clear your mind - it does you SO much good! Plus you're going to reach your goal regardless, just stay on the exercise bandwagon and keep up everything that you've been doing right to make you lose each and every one of those 37 lbs!!

xx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Toastedsmoke I am sooo with ya girl!! I too have had the same experience you've had. I've worked hard (but coulda been harder/better) but I let my exercise slip a lil. At first it was the flu/cold, than just hit a wall. Sunday I stepped on the scale and it was 260.4. My Fall Equinox Goal 255. Okay, so 5 pounds was unrealstic to lose in a week but I was hoping maybe 2 or 3 so I'd be within a couple pounds. So I started my exercising again (I hadn't completely quit I just wasn't frequenting it as much as I should). Even did it lightly to ease myself back into it. Stepped on the scale yesterday and today (I'm a daily weigher) and my weight's gone up 261.4. Today is an "off" day for working out so I'm going to down a lakes worth of water and do a very restrictive calorie day (I'm learning to cycle to keep my body from holding on to every ounce) and hope that I'm at least down to my orignal weight by Friday.
Here's to us girl!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

This is why I don't set time-related goals. I know that lots of people find them very motivating, but I tend to get down on myself and start playing those old tapes...."You're fat. You're a failure. You can see now that it's not working, that it's no use!"

Look at your ticker! You've lost 19 pounds in 2 months. I would be shouting that from the rooftops because it takes me WAY longer than that to lose 19 pounds. So celebrate your achievement, and don't worry--you'll meet your goal very quickly. In 5 years, it won't matter that it took you a week or two longer to reach this goal. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Windchime; 09-18-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264*184.0*145 Sz20*12*8

Height: 5'2"

I can feel your frustation but you will get it back. I know for me I can flex up and down day to day, but in the end it's always a downward tread. That is all the matters. The exercise is a great thing for the body and obviously it helped the mind too. Don't give up. You are right there in the game. It does not matter if you make it in 1week or 3weeks. All that matters is that you don't give up.

I LOVE your name, by the way.
Jae165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I would like to say to be sure you are eating enough to fuel your body but not eating too much. And anytime I change something on my plan, food or exercise, it is generally a good idea to give it two or three weeks to see how it is working for me then tweak as necessary. Hang in there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #7  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

I don't exactly now why, but whenever I kick up the exercise routine heavy for a day or two, the very next couple of days the scale fluctuates up. My theory is that your body must retain water when it is building/ repairing sore muscles.

I'm sure that after a few more days the weight will be right where you expect it to be!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #8  
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

What windchime said!

You are really doing quite well--and good for you for taking that angry angst walk! That's the way to do it.

Last edited by Alana in Canada; 09-18-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #9  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks everyone! This journey is not easy if it was everyone would be thin. I really appreciate the support and understanding. It really helps because I'm not a whiner in life so I'm so happy I have at least this outlet to vent. I woke up with a better disposition and have decided not to get on my scale till Sunday. It's hard but I think I should just focus on being on plan and forget the scale for now. I mean if I keep doing the right things my body eventually has to cooperate, right?
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:12 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

You are right, toastedsmoke and great great attitude
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote