South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thrilling Thursday Thoughts & Happenings

Happy Thursday!

I'm having thrilling thoughts because this time next week I'll be getting ready to board a plane for a weekend getaway with some very dear friends.

I have the washer chugging away already, and as soon as the stores open I want to go to the craft store to check out fabric pens. I somehow splashed bleach on my favorite pair of capris, and I have the brilliant thought that I can find a fabric pen in the perfect shade to repair the damage.

It's going to be a late night for me, as the girls are in a gymnastics class from 6-7 tonight, so that means I won't get home until around 8. I don't mind that so much now, but I don't think I'll like it much in the snowy winter.

Coffee's strong and hot, so pour yourself a cup and pull up a chair for a few.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:44 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Cottage

Thanks for the coffee, I'm more than ready. I slept in a bit and am hoping for the reward of a high energy day. I have lots to do and am working around my sick pup who won't be with us much longer. As of yesterday she's barely able to walk. We decided last night that the pool is out for today anyway. I'm going to wipe the tears here and enjoy that cup of coffee. At least all my work I need to do is right here at home.

I've been eating OP, which is some sort of miracle.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 09-17-2009, 06:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Aw, Debbie, I'll share your tears and sadness over a cup of coffee. I know it's little compensation, but at least you'll know you have given Lexxiss the best, happiest life filled with heaps of love. I'm so sorry.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wrapping my arms around Debbie. About a year ago, I went through the same thing with my dear Hershey. I was away when she had to be put to sleep but was lucky to have dear friends, including Cottage, who helped me through it. I feel your sadness and compassion.

Today is supposed to be a "me" day with a manicure and pedicure scheduled for ten. I just discovered they have a person who comes into the fitness centre to do them. Yippee! It sure beats having to drive to Kingston for an hour there and then another hour back! Tonight Heather and I go to the info session for our spring Italy trip - Umbria with a week's cooking course in a renaissance palace! Paul will be here for the day doing hardwood with a noisy compressor so it's a good day to be away for a few hours. My poor dogs will just have to cope.

A week from today, I'll be in Syracuse airport waiting to board my flight and will see Cottage just a few hours later. I can hardly wait.

Wishing you all a good Thursday with moments of most of the time.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Rainy Morning!

It is POURING in Beautiful Remlap, Alabama. I'd go back to bed, but they would probably miss me at the office.

Cottage, I sprinkled bleach on my favorite black shirt this week. I little help with a Sharpie fixed it right up.

Debbie, I am so sorry. I wish I had beautiful words that would take your pain away.

Ruth, I have to work next Saturday. The GOOD part if it is I get a day off during the week when Auston is in school. I am not going to feel guilty about getting a mani and pedi with the certificate I got for my birthday in JUNE!

My scale is being fickle. I'm actually UP a pound this morning and I have stayed OP. How Rude!

Anyway... Got to hop in the shower. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Thanks for the kind thoughts, everyone. We're putting the last case of peaches in to dry while the doggies sleep. I'm ahead on my slicing duties (thanks to Krups).

The funniest part of all of this is Mom and Sis decided they're coming over for the weekend-her house is full of auction items so amidst the hectic schedule here at the dog hospice I have to restore her house to perfection. We do have a plan...
Old 09-17-2009, 08:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I hope it will be a thrilling thursday!

Cottage - Hmmm...might have to try that pen thing sometime, I have a few clothes like that as well! You'll have to let us know if it worked.

Lexi - I was going to send you a message and ask how she's doing. I'm so sorry, it's something very difficult to watch . I admire you for staying on plan, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it.

Ruth - Oh, a 'me' day sounds lovely!! I'm not good with manicures (think: the job!), but that massage was awesome. Hope you enjoy!

Chelby - That stinkin' scale! I am actually down 3 lbs from 3 days ago, and we all know I didn't lose that much weight!! I'm amazed at how much it fluctuates, and daily weighings, for me, actually make me feel better. I was freakin' out a bit on Monday!!

Me - I'm pretty proud that I hauled my arse out of bed and went on a morning run. But, boy, was I sssllllooowww!! I'm not sure if it was because it was 6 am, or because I'm slowing down.

Today is my long day at work, hopefully it will go fast!!

Have a thrilling thursday!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks! I'm back from Dallas and have SO much to do to get ready to leave on vacation tomorrow... But I wanted to report in on the chickmeet and say how much I enjoyed meeting Barb for dinner on Tuesday. As you might expect, she is as nice in person as she is on this board, and we have a lot in common. Unfortunately, I forgot to pack my camera, so no picture to commemorate, but I'll remember to get one next time I go. So, 4 chicks down, how many to go to reach my goal of meeting ALL the chicks? The Schmoodle show, coming to your neighborhood soon...

Yesterday's meeting was so funny - me and 40 men. That's not so unusual, but 30 were uniformed Marines, 10 of them equipped with standard issue spit-bottles for their chew, and f-bombs falling all around. At least it was entertaining, but a little nauseating.

I'm seriously dragging butt today, I didn't sleep well at the hotel Tuesday night, and didn't get home until 2AM this morning, then had to get up at 6 with the kids. I think I need to leave here around 5AM tomorrow, so hopefully I can get to bed early tonight, but in any case, in 24 hours I will be on vacation!

I'm sorry I don't have time to catch up on the threads the last couple of days, hope all are well. Everyone have a great weekend!

cottage, my trip is also a getaway with a couple of dear friends from high school. What fun! Hope you can repair the Capri damage, I hate it when I ruin my favorite clothes.

Debbie, I'm so sorry to hear the Lexxis is going downhill.

Ruth - fitness, AND a mani/pedi!! Genius.

Chelby, it's pouring here too. Must be a foothills of the Appalachians kind of thing. Sorry about your scale. Just kick it.

As Tigger would say, TTFN!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Schmoodle -- I think I'd be willing to sacrifice for my country and be in a room of 30 Marines, ESPECIALLY if they were in uniform. I'm a sucker for a man in a uniform! You should have shocked them and dropped a couple F-Bombs yourself!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:35 AM   #10  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning Ladies! No time for personals this morning but wanted to check in and say Hi! Hope you ladies have a wonderful day!

As for me, just work and come home to clean.... getting ready for vaca Sunday morning! I can't wait! but soooo much to do before then and no time to do it! I should have planned better! On a bright note I lost 3.4lbs this week! Its been forever since I had a week like that! Yeay!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:56 AM   #11  

schmoodle - Would you believe I remembered to throw a camera in my purse and then forgot I had one? We'll have to do better next time. We do have a lot in common and I enjoyed meeting you.

I am totally sick of the rain. It's pouring again and that makes 7 days straight with at least a little rain. At least I'm not having to run the sprinklers but it makes it too cool for this time of year and it makes it tough for Brian to sell his Boy Scout popcorn.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 AM   #12  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Cottagebythesea- I didn't even know they made fabric pens, which I know probably sounds stupid. But now that I do know, I've got a shirt with bleach spots that can be saved, yay. Learn something new everyday!

Lexiis- I am so sorry to hear about your beloved pet. *sending good wishes your way* I really hope everything is okay.

Ruthxxx- lucky girl with your mani/pedi!! I'm jealous.

Chelby, I understand your pain. It's probably just water retention though!

TwynnB, have a good day!

Schmoodle, sounds like you had a good time, although the spit bottles do sound nauseating! My brother in law sits in my house with a soda bottle, chewing and spitting and it's gross. So I feel your pain!

Rdw1, congratulations girl!

Barb, hope Brian sells two tons of popcorn!! *sending good vibes your way*

Well, I've broke out the Autumn themed candle lamp! It's got a pumpkin and gourd decoration on it and I put a "brazilian nectar" candle in it, which smells nice and warm and coconutty. Gonna get some pumpkin spice candles for the season. Just looking at the lamp all nice and shiny and seeing my shiny countertops and slowly but surely moving our stuff in and turning it into our home is getting me cheerful, despite the fact that I've had 5 hours of sleep. (Why am I complaining, some people are good at running off of 5 hours of sleep!) Awaiting my instant coffee to perk me up. Baby boy is playing on the floor with a Pixar dump truck that makes all sorts of noises. Still waiting to hear if hubby's got the new job or not!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
Still waiting to hear if hubby's got the new job or not!
Melanie, I'm imagining your candle sending nice fragrance into your new home. for your hubbys' new job.

Thanks for the kind wishes!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies:
I had fallen into a vat of sugar and bad carbs lately so I was embarrassed to come around. WLS Doc said I need to eat more complex carbs to balance sugar and I'm scheduled for a fasting glucose tolerance test

Lexxiss! A Big hug for you sweetheart You're a great furmommy!
Ruth How was the mani pedi?
Cottage did you find the pen?
Chelb I'll think dry thoughts for you when's your mani pedi?
Schmoo A Hunk in uniform is a Hunk in uniform!! Spit cup not withstanding
Twynn Good Job on the Run!
Rikki lol you sound like me!
Barb I'll think Dry thoughts for you!
Mel you're candle sounds lovely I'm sending getting the job vibes for yoru hubby!!

Me
I have a bucket of things going on ! Trying to get a newsletter out my first and hopefully last. long story
Next week we have U2, goign out for My BIL's B-day & my inlaws 50th anniversary brunch
I'm pretty much following ph 2 with a few infractions Quaker weight control oat meal
and raisins in my "Trail Mix" I made sausage and white bean stew last night but bought the wrong can of tomatoes so it's more like Chunky yummy sauce
I'm not complaining!
I had a lot of Rude awakenings this week! but that's for another time!
Kierie
Old 09-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

So a bit of good news I thought I'd share. I decided this morn that I needed to find some type of harness to support Lexis back end. Nothing at the pet store I took a strap from my computer bag which has a handle and added a seat belt strap for padding. She was amazed when I lifted her off the floor. Works good, too, for up the stairs.

Our Vet said there are alot of ups and downs-one day can be really bad(yesterday) then the next can be much better(today.) So armed with the lifter we may be keeping her on the "right side of the grass"(thanks Ruth) for a bit longer. A day at a time anyway.

PS-Kiere, don't ever be embarassed to come around. I really missed you.

Love you all.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-17-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Closed Thread