Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Default Anyone's body reject stiches after surgery?

I had gall bladder surgery about 6 weeks ago. Today I noticed a "pimple" on one of my incisions. I called the doctor and he said my body was rejecting my internal stiches and was trying to spit them out. THey put me on an antibotic and said if I start seeing the stiches come out at the pimple then they can clip it. He did not seemed too concerned. Just wondering if this ever happened to anyone else.

Thanks for any input!
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #2  

I have many times....many years after surgeries.Clip them like he said!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189.2/ see ticker /160

Height: 5'7"

Yep. I had it after gallbladder surgery and also when I had stitches on my face once (it was doubly attractive coming out of my face).
jeannep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

I haven't but my boyfriend did. Make sure that you take all of the antibiotic and if you still have tenderness ask for another round. It took 3 rounds of antibiotic before he was feeling better.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

In 2002, after a benign tumor was removed from my breast, I had a few of these. It was actually a bit humorous (black humor) because I had warned the doctor that I was extremely prone to staph infections, and I anticipated that I'd need antibiotics after surgery. The surgeon dismissed my concerns, saying he was sure there'd be no problems. When I went back for my first aftercare appointment, the surgeon changed the bandages (which I had not touched, as per his instructions). He looked rather shocked when he saw that the incision was quite red, and he said "Wow, you really are susceptible to infection aren't you? (Yup, just like I said). He put me on antibiotics, and I ended up on two courses.

I continued to "shed" the stitches through pimple-like cysts for several weeks, which the doctor said was fine as long as the incision area was no longer bright red and didn't feel "warm" to the touch.

Last edited by kaplods; 09-16-2009 at 12:22 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/173/160

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Thanks for everyone's response. It makes me feel better that this is not too strange!

Lynn160
Lynn160 is offline   Reply With Quote