Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 11:39 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#244

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:33 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default For all my friends:

The Night Before Thanksgiving

Twas the night before Thanksgiving and all through the kitchen;
I was cooking and baking and moanin' and *****in'.
I've been here for hours, I can't stop to rest,
this rooms a disaster, just look at this mess!

Tomorrow I've got thirty people to feed.
They expect all the trimmings. Who cares what I need!
My feet are both blistered, I've got cramps in my legs.
The cat just knocked over a bowl full of eggs.

There's a knock at the door and the telephone's ringing;
frosting drips on the counter as the microwave's dinging.
Two pies in the oven, dessert's almost done;
my cookbook is soiled with butter and crumbs.

I've had all I can stand, I can't take anymore;
Then in walks my husband, spilling rum on the floor.
He weaves and he wobbles, his balance unsteady;
then grins as he chuckles "The eggnog is ready !"

He looks all around and with total regret,
says "What's taking so long....aren't you through in here yet ??"
As quick as a flash I reach for a knife;
He loses an earlobe; I wanted his life !

He flees from the room in terror and pain
and screams "MY GOD WOMAN, YOU'RE GOING INSANE !!"

Now what was I doing, and what is that smell ?
Oh, darn, it's the pies !! They're burned all to ****
I hate to admit when I make a mistake,
but I put them on BROIL instead of on BAKE.

What else can go wrong ?? Is there still more ahead ??
If this is good living, I'd rather be dead.
Lord, don't get me wrong, I love holidays;
It just leaves me exhausted, all shaky and dazed.

But I promise you one thing, If I live till next year,
You won't find me pulling my hair out in here.
I'll hire a maid, a cook, and a waiter;
and if that doesn't work, I'LL HAVE IT ALL CATERED !!!

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:42 PM   #3  
a work in progress...

That was a good one...I'm sending it to my mom, who is doing the honors this year!
Old 11-25-2002, 03:37 PM   #4  

Afternoon galsl,
I finally got a minute to check in, and see what's new. Had to come in a 7am this morning to get some reports done for 9 o'clock deadline, and then catch up on the weekend mess. You know it's true what they say about truck drivers, well these one's here that haul oil, Michelle I'm sure your husband's not a pig I come in this morning and there's oil spilled all over the place, sample jugs thrown every which way, and the counters are filthy, these are all regular drivers, and they no the routine here, their just to lazy to clean up after themselves. I'm constantly fighting with my fiance at home to clean up after himself, I don't need the frustration at work as well. When will men ever learn (Well some men, I know a few of you have the pick of the crop )

Food's not to bad, I've been fighting between 2 lbs for the last 4 weeks, need to get serious, I'm so close to my mini goal, and I know If I try real hard I can make it this week. I lost 2 lbs last week, the same two pounds I've lost and gained about 3 times now, enough is enough, no more bouncing back and forth, I'm going down from now on. ( I hope )

Sara congrats on your hour long jog, way to go girl
Malia, where are you, want to hear more about your trip, Mickey ( that is your dogs name right) must have been so excited to see you when you returned.
Cant remember what went on in the last thread, so much to read so little time to absorb it,
Hope everyone, is doing great and having a wonderful OP day.

Still searching for a place to live, have a house to look at tonight, it's quite small, and doesn't include the appliances, so that will be another burden, finacially, if we decide to take this place. I've been so stressed lately.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:33 PM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Those were some cute thanksgiving tales.
I am glad this tranfer is over. It was very frustrating posting and having it disappear all the time. Grrrrr

I don't know if this made it or not. I worked out in our yard all day Sunday. We have 14 trees in our backyard and 6 in our front yard so we were busy with the amount of leaves we have. We mulch them instead of bagging and filling the landfills. But there is still a LOT of raking to be done to get them out of the ditches, bushes, close to house, etc. I think I have calluous hands now. At the same time we were burning hickory wood in our chiminea and it smelled soooooooo good. It truly felt like fall. It started out nice in the morning.. but the COLD north winds blew in. We got done just in the nick of time. Yard clean and neat, Christmas lights up and ready to be turned on Dec 1st. Plus... the garage is clean and neat too so I can park in there again. Ahhhh.. life is good. I grilled some chicken breast on the grill too. Made some kabobs... onions, peppers, tomatoes, etc. It was sooooo yummy.

It is so funny how often I think of all of you while I was working. I think of your successes... I think of you slips .... I think of your lifes trials ... and I think of your life's joys. Your lives all have truly become a part of my life. You have been such a wonderful, positive influence on me... even when I don't heed your fine examples. I am a happier person because of all of you.

Don't have time to post to everyone... but wanted to know how to see Baylee photos.??

Had dentist appointment this morning... shopped for shoes all afternoon. I am tired and ready for a rest.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

GREETINGS AND SALUTATIONS!

I love those T'giving poems. They're adorable!

Back from WI. No loss but, no gain either. Y..E..S!!! I can live with that for a week. I've got dinners for most of this week planned out. That should help me stay OP. The store had lite cool whip on sale 2 for $2.00. Now I've got to figure out how to use the stuff.

It's supposed to get really cold (20 degrees) and snowy for the next few days. BRRRRR! It feels more like Christmas week outside instead of Thanksgiving.

Gotta get the trash ready to go out. You know what "they" say about a woman's work.

Oh .... don't forget, if your turkey's frozen it's time to take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:07 PM   #7  
a work in progress...

J-ann...here is my favorite way to use Cool Whip...light, fat free or regular, it's all good!

Make a batch of sugar free/fat free Jello instant pudding. Take some graham crackers and layer the crackers and pudding in a pyrex dish. I find that a loaf pan works real well. Alternate layers til pudding is the last layer. Spread cool whip over all and refrigerate a few hours. The graham crackers soften up and it has a nice cake-y consistency! SOOOOOO yummy! You can go as low fat as you want, using low fat grahams and FF cool whip...try chocolate grahams and chocolate pudding when PMS strikes... vanilla pudding with cinnamon grahams is really good too!

You know, I think I have all the ingredients on hand...hmmm...I know what I'm making this week!

I made a pineapple upside down cake today...tried to lighten it a bit by replacing the some of the oil with applesauce...I will have one piece with the family for dessert and then I'm sending the rest of it to play practice with my daughter and her BF...I KNOW I cannot be trusted with leftovers laying about. Dinner was good, I did not go overboard, had just enough to satisfy my ~extreme~ hunger. I had a very light breakfast and nothing else all day in anticipation of our meal.

2cute...I know exactly what you mean...I think of all of you often and what you are up to in your daily lives...we are so connected, I feel very close to all of you!

Well, I'd better get my butt off to bed...back to work in 4 hours.

See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-25-2002 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:11 PM   #8  

Have to be quick....I think this might work....my BIL is staying at the hospital with his Mom from 4PM to 2AM ... so he isn't here when I am. Thursday might be different but I can bite my tongue....(watch for the blood) for one day. NOW they may stay until Sunday!!!!!grrrrrr I love my sister, but!!!!!! I hope to get some good time with her. We always laugh a lot. Last night it was her, me and my brother and we laughed so hard over our lives...I will tell you next week...they are back....he comes and drops off my sister!!!!

I have to get film tomorrow....
Old 11-25-2002, 07:17 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

Ohhh, Lucky...that sounds great, the time spent with your brother and sister! We always laugh a lot too (brothers, sister and I)...til the various spouses show up to throw their little wet blankets over everything!

Treasure these moments and think of them when BIL is really pissing you off!
Old 11-25-2002, 07:18 PM   #10  

Kat, my siblings and I always have a good time. We are VERY close, mostly I think, because our Mom died when we were young.

Baylee, can I post pictures there too or did you do Tina...(you know what I mean)!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 09:04 PM   #11  

Baylee... I am embarrassed to say I don't even know where you guys chat at. I have never been here since you found a new chat site. How do I get there ???
Old 11-26-2002, 03:43 AM   #12  

It's me again Baylee.
I have a couple of questions. First... to do chat you just click on that one little word "chat"? I also never used your password and used my own... but got into the site anyway. Was I suppose to be able to do that???? I thought it wanted a personal password from me... and then I would have to enter the password you sent... but it took me directly to the site.

Second.. who all will get this info to join? anyone who asks?? We have a lot of people come and go in here... lurkers to passerbyes.. just curious just how private it will really be.

It looks like a great set up. I have a lot to learn. Thanks for all of your efforts. I loved your photos. How many years different in those two photos.?

Enough about the chat site. I don't want newcomers to feel like outsiders here. I LOVE newcomers here... I know this is a "public" forum and I know how much to say and not say here. LOL

Boy ladies... my hands are sure showing my age. I see so many wrinkles that did not use to be there just a year ago. I HAVE to lose this weight. I need something to live for. LOL . This getting OLD sucks !!!!! ENJOY your youth ladies... take advantage of everything you can. Lose this weight and get busy living life to the fullest!!!! Don't wait to lose the weight to live life to the fullest... but lose the weight so you can enjoy it all the more. Getting old has it's advantages too... good looking studs call you "mam"... no other woman looks at you as a threat... you get a 10% discount at Target on Tuesdays. Oh... this is NOT funny. ...
Old 11-26-2002, 07:46 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Good Morning all. Just checking in. have a great day
Old 11-26-2002, 10:27 AM   #14  
Progress..not perfection

Whew! I have to get in here real fast w/my reply before the owner comes in. He's coming in to do billing and I will have no computer time once he gets here.....just wanted to report in that I went to WI (not Wisconsin) last night and I lost another 2.8. I was very pleased with that seeing as I have not been all that good with my eating here lately, but ever since 2cute made a wish for me on a star, I have felt a surge of renewed power. Whatever the reason, and I'm choosing to think it was because of 2cute....thank you.

I'll be back later. I love you all.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:59 AM   #15  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

HEY TINA!!!!

Wow Lady .... you are doing GREAT!!!!!

Now,which star are we supposed to be wishing on????? I want to be sure to wish on the right one.
Closed Thread