Old 09-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #1  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Default friends and Losers Sept 14-20

Hello friends

Are you ready for another full week of opportunity to make some positive changes in you r lifestyle? I am, I am. I am drinking some delicious Sumatra, gearing up to work out, and thinking about what foods I am going to energize my body with.

And since I got up so stinkin' early, and I don't yet know how to put myself to bed early, I am also planning my nap for around 2:00 p.m.

How I love a tiny little 30 minute power nap.

Ok girls and Dan....let's do this.......pick your thing to work on this week, and work hard. Tiny changes over time = big results!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #2  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Nicole and everyone else!

Today will be day 1 for me. Day 1 for starting over officially, day 1 for putting me first for the first time in years, and day 1 of SHRED! I will report back after I am done that last one to see how I made out.

I already have a journal ready to go to record food, exercise, weight and my measurements from this morning when I do them here in just a little bit. Then the sclae is going in my closet and isn't coming out till the morning after I finish day 30. Today I am also going through my kitchen and getting rid of stuff that shouldn't be there - there isn't a lot but there's some.

Tomorrow morning is my last day at work. Just have to go in and turn in my laptop and security card and such. No real work will be done. It will be a hard day as I will be saying goodbye to some people I am used to seeing everyday. With facebook it is easier but not the same.

Let's make this a good week..we CAN and WILL do it!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good morning to you all!! and especially to Nicole the early bird. Well I have been up since 5:15a.m. but my mornings are such a blur. I did exercise WEdnesday,Thursday,Friday and Saturday. I did not officially exercise yesterday but did some major cleaning outside so I hope that helps a little. I did not eat well this weekend, did not eat a lot just bad choices I did some how manage to loose 1 pound even with Tom, so that is something, Eventhough today I feel like a blob. I feel bloated and yuckie. Paying for my bad choices today. But am back on plan today. Packed a healthy lunch and have some postive energy going here at work. Of course it is just 8:30a.m. so hopefully it will continue. I am so frustrated with myself for not staying on plan. I am going to do better this week.

I am happy it is fall and that it is trying to cool off some. I am excited about Halloween this year and decorating for the baby as he will be the only one to truly appreciate it. I like to go to festivals and see the leaves change colors it is a beautiful time of year to be in Tennessee.

So My plan this week it to limit starches, drink my water and increase fiber.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6

Well i got on the scale this morning and decided I need some changes. I listened to some stupid article about how we don't really need to drink so much water, so I slacked off. The thing is I'm sure I don't need it to keep hydrated but I find I have less hunger and cravings when I drink all my water. So first step for me this week is getting all my water in

I am super tired today as I got home later after picking up FH at a concert (today is his birthday though so it was all part of his present), but then he kept stealing blankets and I hardly slept. Annnnd I won't get home till at least 9 or 10 tonight after house viewing and meeting with the realtor. Oh well! It's all good stuff!

I gotta get some exercise in this week too...I feel so weak and sore..I let all my muscle go to jelly I think and it sucks! Luckily I tend to build muscle easily so hopefully I can tone up some if if the scale won't drop the way I want it to!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. hope everyone had a good weekend. i know i sure did!
my workout is done, i'm showered and have gotten a few chores around the house done as well. now to tend to Jag and X..hope today is a good day.

so proud of all the exercise people are reporting about doing!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #6  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

OK - Today was a real eye opener and I am making myself believe it was a good thing.

I weighed in this morning and no surprises there. Sclae is now away in my closet for the month. Then took measurements - also no surprises - I see myself everyday I knew how bad those numbers would be. Then it was shred time. The strength and abs parts I am ok with - they hurt but I can do them. The cardio on the other hand not so much. I got to see first hand just how bad off I really am and how far I have to go. But one good thing about this dvd is I can gauge my progress b/c I now know exactly where I started from and gradually over the month I can see how I progress through it. I am going to go for a walk today as well.

But I am glad I did it and I will do it again tomorrow - and the next day...

Kristin - enjoy house hunting - I have the 3x I have done it.

Time for me to go get a few things done - I'll bbl
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM   #7  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

WTG, Alannah !!!!! Woooohoooo!!!! I will tell you, by next week, you will be amazed at how your endurance has improved!!! Level one is a very hard cardio workout. I am so happy for you that you started. It feels so good. the first few days are really hard, but it is sooooo worth it!: cheer3:

AmyM.......you did awesome with working out last week. Don't be so hard on yourself.....you have a wonderful downward trend on teh sclae, and have been working out on a pretty regular basis. You are doing GREAT!!!

Morning, Jillian My hero WTG on such a great start to your day!!! It definitely helps the day go better when you take the time for you in the a.m. Thanks for teaching me that

Hi Kristin You can do this girlie.....baby steps, baby steps

Ok, I'll c heck back later
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #8  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Good Monday Morning ALL!!! Here's to starting a new week, with new commitments, realizing where are shortfalls arek, and making an effort to change them.

Alannah: So sorry for your job situation. The bright side is that you will have some extra time to focus on you and get yourself on track. Good Luck with that and the job search.

Nichole: Love the new pic.

Kristin: I am with you on the water commitment. I have been slacking off for the last 2 weeks also and my diet drink just doesn't taste the same. I know that doesn't make sense, but it doesn't.

I can also relate to everyone on the not so good for being on plan over the weekend. But I have come to the conclusion that sometimes the events in our life just do not allow for being on plan 100% of the time and that by taking a day here and there to have the "bad" stuff, we won't get so bored/tired/disgusted with the diet as quick. Some events just don't or won't happen that often and you need to enjoy them and not stress so much over what you can or cannot eat. So take the day and don't beat yourself up over it. BTW, we had a dinner for my MIL this weekend b/c she got a day pass from rehab (physical and occupational therapy).
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Very true Amy! My problem is I keep making those excuses for events...and they have just been happening WAY too often!

I need some more time...and I am hoping that we will be buying a house closer to my workplace so maybe...just maybe I can cut out 20 minutes of my commute per day...but there's a very good chance I may end up adding another 20 minutes per day....*sigh* I wish FH and I worked close to each other but I just can't see that happening anytime soon...he's been with his company forever ith potential to become an owner and well, my job is good and pays me very well so I can't give it up yet! Oh well, I guess this is what marriage is about right? We gotta compromise on where to live LOL.

Despite this crazy week I AM going to find the time to get some exercise in
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #10  

Hey ladies, I have a friend that wants to start with FF and she's a vegetarian. What proteins can she have?
TryingItAgian09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #11  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingItAgian09 View Post
Hey ladies, I have a friend that wants to start with FF and she's a vegetarian. What proteins can she have?
I know you can have 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute per day...but there is no other veggie protein choice on the list. I am not sure....but tofu should work.
But absolutely no milk, cheese,yogurt...etc
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #12  

Gotcha thanks!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #13  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Why is it that I am not trying as much anymore??? I have only 13 pounds left until my goal. Its as though I am content where i am but I am not. Yes I am in a size 12 and thats awesome but its not where I want to be. I feel like my motivation really swings and I need a plan of action.
I am feeling frustrated!!!
I am running to Walmart on my lunch hour to find that Shred dvd. I really hope they have it.
Sorry to vent but I think since I quit going to the centre, I haven't had to be accountable for when I have a bad weekend and I think I need that again.

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #14  

Can she eat fish on FF?
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #15  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Default Fast Forward-aka Take-off 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingItAgian09 View Post
Can she eat fish on FF?
Sure!Unlimited fish or shell-fish cooked in oil, butter or margarine.
NO BREADING!!!
Veggies- unlimited greens but must be eaten raw with lite salad dressing,vinegar or oil.
For example...no onions, tomatos,yellow or red pepper.
NO CONDIMENTS...mayo,relish, ketchup etc.

Tea, coffee...must be without milk or creamer.8 glasses of water is a MUST.
Absolutely no carbs...other than Take-off juice.
NO BREAD,PASTA,PEAS etc.
NO DAIRY or SOY products.
NO LA LITES...or LUNAs.

NO SALT or SUGAR. Salt substitute and sugar substitute can be used.
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote