South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 05:57 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Motivated Monday Murmurs

Good morning! I am off to the gym in an hour but wanted to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Monday! (That sounds sort of Christmassy!) :lol

Lots going on around here today with painting, plastering, work on the deck railing and the arrival of my maple flooring which will be stacked in the diningroom for two days to acclimatize. This seems to go on and on but the end is in sight. It's now the beginning of the eight week. By October I may be back to "normal".

Time for a decent breakfast before I go to the gym. I learned last week not to try to do my 90 minutes without breakfast. I got through it OK but felt dizzy on the last trip to the treadmill! Never faint on a treadmill, I'm told.

May your Monday be Merry and Motivated.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Everyone

Hi Ruth, thanks for the early morning chuckle. I believe you are right, fainting on the treadmill is definitely not recommended! Have a great "Multitasking" day.

It's Monday, and it seems to be shaping up to be another busy week. It seems these Fall days keep me hopping. We're still in harvest mode, and yet it's time to do some of the things we need to get ready for winter.

Mom's roof has been fixed, the tree got trimmed, peaches and tomatoes in the dehydrator and in the middle of it all our Pooch Parade is Saturday. Kirk is driving over the mountains to close down our other house today. I think he'll be back tomorrow. I'm just too busy, and we feel Lexxiss will be better without the extra trip....so I'm back to basics...bussing and biking.

I picked my first pumpkin yesterday. I needed some for Lexxiss, so I took the smallest one. It was picture perfect. I've been adding pumpkin pie spice to my coffee regularly....speaking of....I'm off to my first cup. Need to check out the cricket..
Old 09-14-2009, 06:22 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!!

Got to the gym at 5 as usual. I almost didn't go, but told myself I had to...
when I got there, the electricity was out...lots of big storms here last night.
So I just turned myself around and came back home. I was feeling "guilty" for eating some ice cream last night and reasoned I could burn it off, lol. The ice cream was totally worth it though. Community Coffee ice cream...my birthday indulgence to myself! Each mouthfull was a treat..and I just may have some again next year!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, good morning! I don't know why I'm in such a happy mood for a Monday, but let's not knock it. LOL!

Ruth, you had better eat something before working out! We want you to be in top shape for next week. I have visions of what the new addition looks like, and I just know it's gorgeous! All the construction mess will be finished shortly, then you can thoroughly enjoy your brand new room.

Debbie, it sounds like the beginning of a very busy week for you! Congratulations on your first pumpkin! We have a huge one growing, but it's still very dark green and probably won't be ready for several more weeks. There are several smaller ones, too, that we hope will be ready in time for Halloween.

Since I'm home until noon now, I guess I'll do a good housecleaning this morning after some spinning on my exercise bike. My SIL finally brought it over, but the only ones that have used it so far are the grandchildren. I need to get back into a regular routine.

I am not liking these dark mornings at all. It's just now starting to show a glimmer of daylight and it's already 6:30. This summer was way too short!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Merry Monday, All!

Ruth, I eat a big, red apple before every Jazzercise class. It's just enough carbs to get me through.

Debbie, You really do sound busy! Hope your day is great!

Cat, Community Coffee Ice Cream... I don't know.... When I lived in La, I HATED coffee. Once I moved to Alabama, I realized I just hate Community Coffee. It's bitter. My parents bring their own when they visit me.

Cottage, You are right. You Northern Chicks did not have enough summer!

Me: I am the same weight today as I was Friday. That NEVER happens! Hooray! I'm ready to go down that scale again!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning all! Things have been busy but we had a nice weekend. We took the kids to my company picnic at 6 Flags on Saturday, and DH thoroughly enjoyed the free-flowing Sam Adams. I spent yesterday packing and getting organized. I've got a fun trip planned Friday through next Tuesday with a friend. Unfortunately I also got a business trip thrown in, so I'm off to Dallas tomorrow. I get back in the wee hours Thursday AM, then fly out again early Friday. No worries because DH's Baltimore job ended a week ago, so he'll be home to take care of kiddies - WRONG! Last week his new company decided he should go knock out his training this week, instead of October, so he left for FL yesterday, won't be back until next Tuesday, so I'm scrambling to organize child care for the week. Hopefully I will be able to relax and enjoy the vacation, once I'm there! On the brighter side, I do have a dinner date with Barb tomorrow night.

Cat - late happy birthday!
Cyndi, glad you had a wonderful day for your wedding and wedding party!
Chelby, happy new puppy (I think)! Better you than me! Glad you had such a great weekend.
Melanie - happy new home! I hope you and your family will be very happy there.
By the way, Nessa did not have her surgery last week, but she is scheduled for 9/22.
cottage, enjoy your quiet mornings! I know I do.
Lexxis, enjoy your coffee and your cricket.
Ruth, I can't wait to see the pix of the new room. I am living vicariously as I hope to get our addition started this winter.
Tammy was it you that posted peopleofwalmart? I was laughing so hard, the whole family ended up in the office to see what was going on. SO Funny! Sadly, it looks like quite a few of those pictures were taken in Maryland.

Have a great Monday all.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:21 AM   #7  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Good Morning chickies!

Ruth- Have a good breakfast and a good workout! I will spend the next 5 hours in a class I know I will be hungry by the time I get out so I am trying to have a super healthy and stay with me breakfast!(refried beans, avocado, and tomato with some salsa!yum!)

Lex- I am going to have to break down and have coffee soon! You guys are tempting me sooo much with this talk of pumpkin spice coffee!!!

Cat- You are sooo motivated! I need to take a lesson from you- everyday I can make into a holiday treat! LOL... you're an inspiration!

Cottage- enjoy your spinning!

Chelby- Yeay for you!!! You did better than me! Now I have some catchin up to do!

Schmoodle- Hope you get everything organized in a hurry so you can relax and get ready for your lovely vaca!

As for me, not much going on besides a class for work this morning... I am hoping it doesn't suck. lol. I should be able to come home and pick up the dogs to take to the vet... time for their yearly and also they seem to be itchy lately... I didn't get my exercise in saturday or sunday so I really need to get it in today!!! Well, I gotta finish gettin ready! I'll try to check in later!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Wow, Ruth, 90 minutes? You are a stud! You're going to give M & M a run for their money!

Busy day today--work, then gym, then quick dinner before running to my book club.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #9  
sophie

Good morning
Wow Ruth did you say 8 weeks, doesn't seem that long but must be an eternity for you. To have ground floor studio is going to be wonderful, you will see your colors so much better.
Cottage - enjoy your bike, are the mornings really dark? I get up too late to notice. I do go to bed very late though.
Debbie - Are you closing your other house because the snow comes early in the mountains? Harvest time here too, I will be going to pick apples this week. I always pick a bushel of galas and macs.
Chelby, Cat - have a great day. By the way Chelby how was puppy's first night in new home.
Schmoodles - a vacation with a good friend sounds so good.
Rikki - Go in with a good attitude and the class should be fun.
Laurie - Busy day, will check on the reading forum about what you are reading lately.

me - I resolved that a clean kitchen, tidying up and a walk will come before I get on the computer. Did a two mile walk this morning and will walk 1 mile tonight. I have a goal to reach before Christmas
take care
Sophie
Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #10  

schmoodle - I'm really looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night! If you get to the area too early, there is a Barnes and Noble next to the restaurant. I LOVE to blow time there when I have a chance. That's where I first met up with Kiko. I wonder how she's doing?

I'm in the office today after dropping off my home laptop at Fed Ex on the way in. HP said it would take 7-9 business days to fix. I may go into Facebook withdrawal before it comes back. I've got lots to do before I start a 2 hour upgrade on my work laptop so I better get busy. Tonight I drop Brian at the troop meeting while I go to Meet the Teacher (all 7 teachers).
Old 09-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

Was going to try to do personals but I just don't have time. Sounds like everyone is doing good.

Have a great day.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #12  

Having a very hard, emotional day at work. Someone tell me that ice cream won't make me feel better. sigh...

Last edited by Chelby29; 09-14-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/178/140

Height: 5'1''

Chelby, Not eating the ice cream will make you feel better in the morning Sorry for your hard emotional day...hope it gets sunnier for you before its over.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #14  

Thanks, bbygrl. I have Jazzercise after work. I'll kick some butt then.
Closed Thread