Old 11-24-2002, 12:06 PM   #1  

Angry Lowcarb Freestyle New~Nov. 24

Hi everyone, I got an email notice that Nikki had posted, but when I went clicked onto the site my post from this morning wasn't there either. So I thought it would be easier to start a new thread.

nikki, I bought some Pepper Jack Veggie Tofu cheese at Super Walmart. Is that the cheese you found in your grocery store? I'm going to try it tonight on my Boca Burger.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:47 PM   #2  

Hi Aleka!

Hope the burger is yummy! I've been hooked on chili with mushrooms (someone here suggested that!) and then cooking some fresh cabbage in each batch-- makes for crisp, sweet cabbage... sorta like a cabbage roll, but loose! Yummm!

Is everyone having a great weekend? Mauvisroux, I loved the H Potter books, and the movies have been fun too! Don't you love Mrs. Westley's sweaters???

I had a good weigh in! Yeah low carb! Su
Old 11-25-2002, 05:29 PM   #3  

Hi Everyone:
I posted on Sunday but it looks like my message got lost
with the transfer.

Nikkic: You were asking me about Joan River's perfume. I have
not tried it. I am totally in love with Tresor by Lancome. Expensive
stuff, I try to get it cheaper on e-bay.

I got quite abit of my Christmas Shopping done this weekend.

The big anniversary party for my parents is on Saturday. I know
you folks will be celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday. I bet
you are all looking forward to that! I love the holidays.
It is such a great family time.

I will be getting my scanner/printer soon. I will attempt to post
my picture. (I am not too computer literate.)

Anne.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:06 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,
I've been checking all day and finally got on the new server. I have really missed you guys. I have to tell you, I am so thankful that I have you all to talk to and to feel like I'm accepted and not judged. The reason I'm gushing over you all, is because I spent part of the day reading threads on the ss'ing site. It is really aweful, there is a thread-Anyone Tired of this woe and feel low fat is better. They tore that woman to shreds, then she spent the entire day trying to defend herself on different threads. It just made me realize, once again, how great this website is. Your support and encouragement has meant the world to me.
Anne, we're going to celebrate Thanksgiving at a all you can eat buffet. I think everybody will be happy with that. The family can have whatever they want, and I can eat lots of meat and steamed veggies. Then, no leftovers to try to not eat. I did buy a turkey breast that I'm going to put in the rotisserie the day after so we can have lots of turkey for sandwiches. I'll just eat it plain, of course.
Aleka, hope you had a good day shopping. That's the same kind of soy cheese, I haven't tried it yet.
Su, how do you make your baked eggplant? You mentioned it last week and I could use some new ideas.
I have to go check my chili, same as yours Su, but I put green beans in it instead of cabbage.
Later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 11-25-2002 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:07 PM   #5  

I went over to the ss forum to see what was happening, and if you haven't guessed it yet, all of those threads are now gone. Just one more example of why I like it here so well. Nikki
Old 11-25-2002, 09:58 PM   #6  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Evening everyone

I spent the whole of Sunday doing NOTHING...boy if felt good! I don't often get the day to myself,

Nikki-that is too bad about the ss site. I guess no one is allowed to question things over there. I like the site for recipes and useful information but I have never posted over there. I have checked out a few other sites but the 3FC one seems to be the most friendly, supportive and open minded one that I have come across. I am glad that though we are all doing low carb in our own way we can still chat and be friends with each other.

Su- believe it or not I haven't read the Harry Potter books, I've just seen the movies which of course are making me want to read the books now Yes, I love her sweaters!

AnneD~ Tresor smells great! I usually wear Davidoff Cool Water for women but I just got J'adore as an early Christmas present from DH.

Aleka-thanks for the info on the new SS book. I checked on Amazon for it and it said it was going to be released on December 3. I guess I will wait (impatiently) for it to come to a book store near me or maybe Suzanne will be on the Canadian home shopping network and I can order it there.

Hi Jennifer~hope you are doing okay and not working too hard

Well I am off to drink my Sleepy time tea and get some rest. I didn't sleep well last night so I have to make up for it tonight
Old 11-25-2002, 10:19 PM   #7  

Hi All! I'm typing in the dark here, so give me leeway to misspell a bit

Nikkic, I forgot about the eggplant! Actually, I have one waiting for me downstairs. I usually cut it in chunks and cook with a few browned onions and the fresh-cut canned tomatos (they seem to taste better). I like to have fresh basil cut up in it, or some
Italian herb mix. If I want a casserole, I'll put in ground turkey or some other meat base and layer with the veges and one layer of the vege cheese. I top this with parmasean cheese and bake until bubbling. I love having this around, as it is filling and not too bad on carbs. But some people might find it too carb heavy. With the basil, it all smells yummy. I also use this as a filling for omlets. It is very good that way, and reminds me of crepes.

Anne and Mauvisroux, I will have to try out those perfumes. I tried the new Calvin Klein (I think it is supposed to be a guy's perfume) in a free sample. I love it and I get a lot of favorable response. OK, if I don't say anything, I'm hoping no one guesses it is for guys!!

I'm glad to see eveyone coming back. Hi Jennifer!! I bet you are busy! Su
Old 11-26-2002, 05:40 AM   #8  

Good Morning Ladies:

Guess What! Amazon has sent me the new Suzanne Book it
should be arriving today as I rec'd the notification in my email.
Can't wait to see the recipes!!!

This is a great time of year to get a new recipe book especially
when I am trying not to gain. That is my goal for this season
try not to gain weight!

I am trying to stay ahead of the Christmas rush and I have
already wrapped the gifts I bought. If I leave it till the end
I can get very tense. Beleive it or not we put up our
Christmas tree. Reason it's up so early is the anniversary party
will take up all this weekend so I wanted to get it done.

Hope you all have a great day.
Anne.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:54 PM   #9  

Hi everyone,
Anne, we've had our tree up for about 2 weeks now. We bought it a couple of weeks ago and when I got it home, I just couldn't wait to see what it looked like. It's a little 3 foot one with the fiber optic lights and some really pretty star kind of things that light up on it. I bought some white bows and white little glass ornaments for it. Set it on top of the table in front of the front window and we're all set. I havent' been down to that corner of the basement where the Christmas stuff is for years, and I don't want to go there now either. It would involve a lot of work and I'm not in the mood for that.
Su, thanks for the eggplant recipe. I'll have to try it like that.
Mauvaisroux, I use to post over there more, still do some, but they are just plain strange. There are some nice people there, but some of them are almost cult like about it or at least really bossy.
Hi Jennifer and Aleka. Hope your doing well.
Later, Nikki
Old 11-26-2002, 03:58 PM   #10  

Angry A good afternoon to you all,

Another weigh in this morning, I only lost .4 lb. I really don't mind because I lost quite a lot last time. I just got back from lunch & shopping with my GF, and I do believe I gained that .4 lb. back!

nikki, I saw those posts on the SS board too! They really ripped that person to shreds about WW. Sometimes I wonder about the people over on that site. I noticed that all the posts are gone now. I also noticed that person wrote another apology on a thread someone else started, then 2 people replied, one just ignored her/him, and another asked to have the thread closed. It's like a little dictatorship over there. I agree with you about 3FC being a wonderful site.

ANNE, that was fast you getting Suzanne's new book. I haven't even gotten a notice from Amazon yet. Let us know how you like it. We'll probably be putting our tree and decorations up on Fri. or Sat. We bought a small, 3' pre-lit tree a few weeks ago. We used to put up a lot of decorations, but the older we get the less we put up. You are way ahead of me in the wrapping dept. I usually wait until the last minute.

Su, those recipes sound delicious. Sometimes the Calvin Klein perfumes are unisex, aren't they? I used to wear perfume, and loved the smell. But, unfortunately I've become allergic to the smell I can't even go into a store that has a lot of potpourri, or the candle shops.

mauvaisroux, I don't post very much on the SS site, but l like some of the recipes over there. I did see a post on the SS site that the Canadian home shopping will not be carrying anymore of Suzanne's stuff.

Hi Jennifer, hope you're doing well.

Enjoy your evening everybody.

Aleka
Old 11-27-2002, 08:06 AM   #11  

Angry Good morning,

It looks as though we may have a white Thanksgiving after all. It started snowing early..early this morning and we've gotten 1/2". It appears to have stopped, and we can only hope.

I received the low-carb diet book that I ordered from Amazon, the one titled How I Gave Up Low Fat and Lost 40 Lbs...or something like that. I read some of it last night, and she had something very interesting about caffiene. She said that if you drink anything with caffiene, wait an hour, and if you're hungry after that hour, you are sensitive to caffiene. Fortunately for me, I am the opposite. It fills me up. I thumbed through the book and she explains about a few of the low-carb WOEs, like Atkins, PP, CALP,the Zone, and "Careful Carbing". The Careful Carbing seems less restrictive than the others. It's funny, one thing she emphasizes is, **always eat carbs with protein..never alone** Once I find the time I will sit down and read it, it's very easy reading.

nikki, Su, & Jennifer, I want to wish you a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! I hope that you eat to your heart's content.

Hi mauvaisroux, & ANNE I hope you guys will have a great day.

Take care. Aleka
Old 11-27-2002, 10:25 AM   #12  

Hi everybody,
Good news, I've lost 4 lbs this week. I'm now down 29 lbs. Setting my goal for Jan 1, want to be 240 by then, which would be a 5 lb lose in one month. At that rate, I'd be 190 by next June. I just can't imagine being under 200 lbs again. I know I can make it, but will not be disappointed if I don't get there as soon as I want.
I go to the bone Dr. today for a check up and also to have him fill out the paper work to continue my disability. I am really nervous about it.
I don't know if I'll be able to get back to the computer before tomorrow, so Happy Thanksgiving Aleka, Su and Jennifer.
Bye for now, Nikki
Old 11-27-2002, 05:54 PM   #13  

Good Evening Ladies!
Nikkic! Four pounds! All that work on the gazelle is
paying off for you. I really have to get my sorry butt back on
it, no more excuses!! My weight is stuborn and I really have
to stop buying nuts!!! I am eating at least 1/2 cup a day and
I know that is not the way to be eating them.

Aleka, Nikkic, Su, Jennifer, I wish all a Happy Thanksgiving Enjoy your festivities and families!!

Anne.
Old 11-28-2002, 12:50 PM   #14  
WW Moderator

Hi guys, just stopping in here and on the daily thread to say hi. I haven't felt well at all so I haven't been online so much. First of all, I think I was the last person in the country to get online to the new server again, and then was out with an ovarian cyst. It has hurt pretty bad but it is easing up the last couple of days. My endo scheduled surgery for next Thursday and he will either remove the ovary or the cyst, depending on what he sees when he goes in. I hate being put to sleep and really wish I didn't have to do this, but the cyst is 38mm and isn't getting smaller, so it will probably just grow. Might as well get rid of it now. Have a nice Thanksgiving, and I will try my best to be online late tonight or later this weekend, I just haven't felt chatty--only grumpy! I hope all of you are doing well, will catch up asap!
Old 11-28-2002, 02:07 PM   #15  

Hi Chicks!

Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone is having a great day! I know the Canadians have already had theirs, but have some more with us I am so very thankful that I am here instead of cowering in bed with the M&Ms! You guys are so much help!

Yeah for the .4 and the 4 lb losses! It sounds like we're getting smaller by the minute! I hope that this day isn't challenging to any of us, and that the family and other friends around us can be so much more fun than the food.

Jennifer {{{{hugs}}}} I am so sorry you are having to go through that! I'm sure you will feel so much better after the surgery. I hope that you get enough rest this weekend to deal with it all. Take good care.

Much love to all! I'm off to eat my very traditional (NOT!) low carb chili and veges. My home time will be later this weekend. Su