Old 08-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

Default Calories

Does anyone know how many calories are in the Grape liquid Protein supplement drink? I'm just curious as to the total amount of calories I'm eating a day. Thanks!
kccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #2  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Look on the boxes of the supplements - there is a Nutrition Facts on each.
Grape has 70 calories per packet liquid and 15 grams protein. jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 311/ticker/150

Height: 5-5

LOL OMG, I can't believe I didn't see that!
kccross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172

Height: 5'6

Default Almost the same Weight and Goals! LOVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Look on the boxes of the supplements - there is a Nutrition Facts on each.
Grape has 70 calories per packet liquid and 15 grams protein. jeanette

I was looking through and seeing where people started in weight and where they are now.

WOW you are almost to goal good for you... I weigh 172 and I start the diet tomorrow.

Wish me well! My goal weight is 130
Spiritofsuccessnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #5  
jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritofsuccessnyc View Post
I was looking through and seeing where people started in weight and where they are now. WOW you are almost to goal good for you... I weigh 172 and I start the diet tomorrow. Wish me well! My goal weight is 130
You have the right attitude, Spirit of SUCCESS NYC!
I had been trying for years to lose - I would have been happy to get to 150! but, as hard as I tried, I could not lose more than 3 or 4 lbs, and then I could not keep it off. The only success I ever had was back 2000 or so when my husband and I went on the Atkins diet - he lost around 20 lbs and I lost 12 lbs but he lost muscle mass and got a hernia - that scared us and I would not try Atkins again even though I wanted to.
I now realize from how MRC has educated us - you cannot cut out all carbs. You only need to be just a little into ketosis to burn your own fat and you CAN DO IT SAFELY!
I also feel I will be able to keep this excess fat off. We were eating healthily before but I will not be adding anything with Hight Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) back in to MY diet. Which means I am going to have to take magnifying glasses to the store to read the labels. Brands we have been buying for years are now putting HFCS instead of sugar in their products.
Follow the menus - watch out for hidden sugars - restaurant salad dressings, BBQ or cocktail sauce were what got me! The little bit of sugar caused me to have "cravings" which I had not experienced prior to that on this program. Weight and eat everything for each meal - drink lots of water - and you won't be hungry and you will LOSE FAT. It's amazing!
Even though I bought HNSs to cook with, I pretty much drank an HNS with a Fiber for every meal. I used the pudding and jello for when I needed a 'treat' to satisfy some "craving". I used the Vanilla Ready-to-Drink with instant coffee when I felt the need for coffee.
I started Memorial Day weekend and wanted to get this over as soon as possible so I have followed it very carefully - I kept my food journal online as an Excel spreadsheet - bugged the counselors but it allowed me to keep track of my progress better than their minimal sheet.
Good luck, NYC! I'm so glad you have found this forum - it is a great source of support! jeanette
Old 08-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #6  
jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccross View Post
LOL OMG, I can't believe I didn't see that!
Don't feel bad - I often miss obvious things because they are TOO obvious and I'm looking for them being obscure and hard to find! It is good to know what is in the things we are taking. Some of these HNSs are better than others - I do not like Aspartame (prefer Stevia if I need to sweeten something) but I have been able to drink the HNSs probably because I dilute them with 10-12 oz cold water. Good luck, kc cross. Enjoy the losses! jeanette
Old 08-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

What is the brand of this protein and where do you buy it?
I made a search on google and came out as:
IDS New Whey Liquid Protein 42g?
Is that it???
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #8  
jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by belezura View Post
What is the brand of this protein and where do you buy it?
I made a search on google and came out as:
IDS New Whey Liquid Protein 42g?
Is that it???
kccross was referring to the Grape Concentrate that MRC sells in their centers. It comes in clear pouches, 7 to a box and you dilute with water to consume. You can purchase similar at dietdirect.com under the name ProtiDiet Protein Fruit Drink Concentrates for $9.99 a box right now - sometimes they are go on sale for even less.
jeanette
Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #9  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Hi friends! Ive spent the past few hours reading the posts (and by no means did I get through probably even half of them) but I have my initial meeting tomorrow and I have a few questions--
1. Alot of the food posted does not sound as "yummy" to me as it does everyone else...I didnt get to this weight by eating that stuff, and I think I will have a really hard time coping without certain foods...any comments on how the first few weeks were for you guys??
2. I am only 24 and to say I will never have a drop of alcohol in the next few months is completely unrealistic. How does that fit in?
Jennabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #10  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Don't feel bad - I often miss obvious things because they are TOO obvious and I'm looking for them being obscure and hard to find! It is good to know what is in the things we are taking. Some of these HNSs are better than others - I do not like Aspartame (prefer Stevia if I need to sweeten something) but I have been able to drink the HNSs probably because I dilute them with 10-12 oz cold water. Good luck, kc cross. Enjoy the losses! jeanette
I too like to sweeten things with Stevia but I was told no b/c it has carbs in it. I went home to check and sure enough it had 3 carbs per packet.

Last edited by learning2Bhealthy; 09-13-2009 at 01:07 PM.
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #11  
jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning2Bhealthy View Post
I too like to sweeten things with Stevia but I was told no b/c it has carbs in it. I went home to check and sure enough it had 3 carbs per packet.
I purchased two different Stevia products - and neither have Calories or Carbohydrates listed in the Nutritional Facts. One is Stevia Extract in the Raw from the makers of Sugar in the Raw (Cumberland Packing Corp, Brooklyn NY). They The other is SweetLeaf Sweetener All Natural Stevia Plus by Wisdom Natural Brands,Gilbert AZ. I think there are some products that use Stevia with something else. I didn't buy them probably because they did have calories &/or sugars, or artificial sweetener which I do not like, but I do not remember now. The women in charge of the Cary center, recommended Stevia to us, so that was why I bought some more, even though I do not use very much of it. jeanette
Old 09-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #12  
jeanette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennabean View Post
Hi friends! Ive spent the past few hours reading the posts (and by no means did I get through probably even half of them) but I have my initial meeting tomorrow and I have a few questions--
1. Alot of the food posted does not sound as "yummy" to me as it does everyone else...I didnt get to this weight by eating that stuff, and I think I will have a really hard time coping without certain foods...any comments on how the first few weeks were for you guys??
2. I am only 24 and to say I will never have a drop of alcohol in the next few months is completely unrealistic. How does that fit in?
Jennabean, no, it will not be easy. You will have to decide you really want to change your life style and eat healthier. As you have read, many people have lost weight, even lots of weight and gained it all back. Make a list of the reasons why you want/need to do this. If you do join, post those reasons where you can see them, hang up an outfit you want to wear but can't fit into. Set mini goals. Do not have any of the tempting but forbidden foods around the house. Get those around you to work with you.

Once on the program (do not call it a diet, this a way to relearn how to eat so you can enjoy the foods you love.) eat every thing recommended for each meal and drink the maximum HNSs. You will not be hungry and that will help you stay On Program. Drink enough water - as water - protein drinks do not count as part of your water intake. Find combinations for meals that you like and make sure you have those ingredients on hand but change up and eat different things so you don't get tired of the 'fallback' meal. Check the cookbook and the recipe thread and blog (http://www.mrcrecipes.blogspot.com/) for ideas. Be creative using spices, herbs and allowable things to make your meals taste good. There will be times when you have to make an off program choice, do not be too hard on yourself, make the best choice you can. Try to not eat anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup or other sugars in it, as this can lead to craving more sweet things. You will be better able to resist sweets and carbs, when you have not had any in your system for 2 or 3 days.

When you are On Program, your body will begin to go into ketosis where you will burn some of your own fat for some of your energy. You will know this because there will be a slight metallic taste in your mouth and you will feel thirsty. Keep drinking that water and be happy - watch your clothes fit you better and the numbers on the scale go down. Attend the Connections classes to learn about yourself and why you need to be here. Attitude can help you stay On Program (or sabotage your program).

Jenna, as far as alcohol, when you are in ketosis, drinking alcohol will not put you out of ketosis like sugars and carbs will. BUT, your body will put burning the fat on hold while it burns the alcohol, and it burns it very efficiently! You will get much drunker on less alcohol that you normally would, so be careful. You may also not like how your body feels when you drink. I intended to have my beer, program or not, when I first started but after a couple of bad nights, have for the most part forgone it. I decided it would be best to get down to the weight I want to be as fast as I can so I can start eating AND DRINKING the things I want to again.

From what my research has found, this is one of the fastest ways to lose weight safely and learn how to maintain your new weight without gaining it all back BUT like anything else, it depends on what you put into it. The more you put into this program, the easier it will be for you. Good luck to you, I hope you do well. jeanette