Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #1  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Default 101 Fat Burning Foods?

Has anyone seen this site before? I stumbled upon it when googling for healthy food choices before going grocery shopping. They give a few foods from each food group and a few recipes for each food.

http://www.101fatburningfoods.com/

Also, what does one do with flaxseed? Do I eat it like nuts? (by themselves, in yogurt, chopped over fruit or other snacks, etc)
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

On the flaxseed it needs to be ground. You can put it through a coffee grinder and store it in the fridge. If it is not kept cold, it goes bad quickly and loses some of it's benefits.

As far as what to do with it. I put it on top of yogurt, in my peanut butter, in whole wheat waffle mix, anything baked, pizza crust, etc. It has a nutty taste--it isn't offensive at all. Our whole family eats the stuff.

If you buy it already ground, make sure they store has kept it cool.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/159.8/150

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up

I purchase flax seed from flaxusa.com. You can find lots of information about flax seed on their website including some recipes. I grind my flax seed in a coffee grinder as needed. I like it on my yogurt and oatmeal. I use it in all of my baking...whole wheat bread, muffins, waffles, pizza dough and homemade granola. There are lots of benefits to reap from adding flax seed to your diet.

Last edited by fjcinzion; 10-19-2009 at 08:10 PM.
fjcinzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Trader Joe's sells roasted ground flax seed mixed with dried blueberries (also ground) and it is awesome in yogurt. We sometimes cook the whole flax seeds with oatmeal. Trader Joe's also has plain ground flax meal that we substitute for some flour in pancakes.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #5  
In it to win it.

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 67"

You can substitute flaxseed and water for eggs in baking, too. 1T ground flaxseeds, 2-3T water. I like to food process them until it's a gummy mess. That's equal to one egg.
alicat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
Trader Joe's sells roasted ground flax seed mixed with dried blueberries (also ground) and it is awesome in yogurt. We sometimes cook the whole flax seeds with oatmeal. Trader Joe's also has plain ground flax meal that we substitute for some flour in pancakes.
I get that! It's great in yogurt or oatmeal!
noelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #7  

I did hear about the site actually, but I got a better one - howcelebritiesloseweight.com[/url] It's not just diet, you have combinations of diet and exercise, and it's not just that, but you have detailed daily menus. You should try it out
12inabox is offline   Reply With Quote