Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 07:55 PM   #1  

Default 4 Week Challenge ,You Have The Will and the Power To Make This Dream a Reality!

Another 4 Week Challenge! Send me a Private Message if you want to join the challenge. Just let me know how many pounds you will try to lose in 4 weeks. We weigh in every saturday. You dont have to post your weight if you dont want to.Just let me know how many pounds you lost that week. I've been joining challenges since Feb/2002 and I've lost 65 pounds so far. So I've decided to keep the challenges going. My goals are to maintain my current weight and maybe just maybe lose the last 4 lbs that I've dreamed of! Below are my before and after pictures. There is NO magic pill,no special secret. Just move your body,walk everyday.Create your favorite meals and simply subsitute the fattening ingredients with lowfat or fatfree ingredients! Drink your water.IF you can keep a food journal,this really helps.My starting weight was 194 lbs and now 129 lbs.

http://www.getting2goal.com/success/gen.php <----MY STORY

Gen..Goal..1.5 lbs

Laney1733...Goal 4 lbs

AnigeMe..Goal 8 lbs

Kina..Goal 8 lbs

Kempyd..Goal 2.5 lbs

Choci..Goal 10 lbs

Sahvara..Goal 4 lbs

Wykyd..Goal 5 lbs

Grizzly..Goal 10 lbs

Jen519..Goal 8 lbs

sheila_220..Goal 10 lbs

Gen
194/129/125 ( My Dream Ultimate Goal!)

Last edited by Gennel; 11-27-2002 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:44 PM   #2  

I guess I'll be the first to sign up this time. I'm going to aim for 4 pounds. I have got to get my act together and do better with my eating plan. Yeah, like actually following it for starters!! Have a great night everyone!
Old 11-24-2002, 08:47 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thumbs down ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW GEN!!!!

You look great!!! I have never seen a before pic of you and there is a big difference. You have toned up so well that you would never be able to guess that you ever had weight issues. GOOD JOB!!!

I am going to go for another 8 pounds for this challenge.I know it is probably higher than I should expect for the holidays but I am going to do my best to not mess up at all.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:38 PM   #4  

Default Thanks!

The thing I like the most from the before and after pics is that I look a few years younger in the after pic!

I better jump into bed so I can wake up in the morning! If not I'll bump into the walls,try to put the gallon of milk in our kitchen cabinets instead of the fridge! lol I've done that when I'm still asleep lol

ttyl!

Gen
Old 11-24-2002, 11:51 PM   #5  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Gennel put me down for 8! I am going to work hard to succeed. Thanks for continuing the challenges it helps to keep many of us motivated. I am going to take a look at your pics in a second. But I know you look totally transforned I seen before but I never bore of looking them they are truly an inspiration to keep my efforts high. Thank you again.

Kina
So put me down for 8 on this challenge.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:01 AM   #6  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking Perfect time

Gen, this is the perfect month for you to post your pics. It should give us all the extra boost and motivation to make it through this month. THANKS!!!

Well, I am off to buy my sexy boots. Like an idiot, I didn't notice the sale started on Sunday,Duh!!

I hope you all have an awesome day and Kempy...I think we must have been on the different servers all weekend because i didn't catch up with you once.I was on here alot too. I will talk to you this afternoon. How else would you get through the workday. LOL
Old 11-25-2002, 08:15 AM   #7  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Good morning! Gennel - please sign me up for another 8 pound challenge.

I wound up with a 5 pound loss for the November challenge and I'm happy with that.

Awesome pix - you are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for all the love and support you send out!
Old 11-25-2002, 10:27 AM   #8  

Shoot! It looks like instead of a lose I put on about 5 lbs. I am hoping it is b/c of mother nature. I am hoping that tomorrow I can hop on the scale and the water will be gone.

Oh well, I guess I will stick with my 2.5 for this challenge too. I hope I do better this time.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:23 PM   #9  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Started walking today with the Leslie Sansone 1 Mile tape - I got the set and can only hope that my endurance will go up. I was dragging at the end of the mile - and sweating pretty good - but I made it. The 2 pound weight set really works your arms, too! I'm a little amazed. A whole beginner's workout with warmup and stretches in fifteen minutes. Phase two of my new way of living.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:19 PM   #10  
Sarcasm Queen

Yeah, I gotta agree, you put in tons of effort Gen. And that was all done this year! Wow! Sixty-five pounds.... makes me dizzy just thinking about it.

I'm gonna shoot for another 4lbs, even though Thanksgiving and X-Mas are coming up and I have until 12/5 to reach my first 4lb goal, but I think I'm gonna make it or at least get within .4lbs of it. Technicalities eh? So yeah... put me down for another 4.

Everyone have a good day. I know I won't cuz I'll be busy as heck for the next: 24 hours. I don't know if I'll go to sleep, I may have to pull an all nighter for my exam tomorrow. Why do we students always wait till the last minute???

Gotta get back to work!

~Sahvara
Old 11-25-2002, 01:55 PM   #11  
Hardcore UFOs

Count me in, ladies! I think that this challenge may be the extra incentive I was looking for. I want to lose 10 pounds by Christmas... I know it sounds like a lot, but I do have a lot to lose (150 lbs, ideally!), and I know I can do it!

Good luck to everyone!
Old 11-25-2002, 05:15 PM   #12  

Hi All, Congrats on your losses!

I lost a total of three pounds all up- not the seven I was hoping for , but a start!
Put me down for a five pound goal this time Gennel, that will take me to the big 220...and counting down....

Old 11-25-2002, 06:12 PM   #13  
determined chick!

Angry my goal for the month

Hey everyone. Gennel put me down for another 10. My biggest goal was to lose 130 pounds this year and I'm very close to that now. I'll let you all know how close depending on my loss this week. I know 10's a big number, but I think if I keep setting the 10lb goals then I'll work hard to reach it. I'm at the lowest weight I've been since I was a teenager. Probably more toned up now though. So if everything goes as I hope I'll be way ahead of schedule by the end of December. I'm vowing to work extra hard for the rest of the year in hopes I'll reach my goal a little sooner than expected. Well sorry for rambling. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. See you at weigh in on Saturday. Take care. Di
Old 11-26-2002, 02:18 AM   #14  
No Limit Souljah!!

Headin' home!!!

I'll have to get back with you on my weight loss goal for the next 4 weeks, Gen. Right now I'm so thrilled to be going home I can't think straight. I've been awake for the last 26 (I'm trying to wear myself out so I can sleep through the flight) And it's almost like I can smell My mom's turkey from here!!

BTW Gen, you are looking fabulous. I really look forward to our meeting in florida. Anyways, gotta go to the airport.

Ciao Ladies!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:14 AM   #15  

I'm going for 8 pounds this challenge. I joined the last one a bit late, but I didn't manage to lose 1 pound! Oh well. The great thing about this is that the first weigh-in is 2 days AFTER thanksgiving.
Di, you are my hero. When I look at how far I have to go, I can remember how far you've come!
Rusty, I was thinking about buying that set of tapes, but I'm too cheap to make the full investment, so I bought a single Leslie Sansone tape which isn't part of that set to see if I liked her style. I do! I'm going to get the whole "walk away the pounds" set too.
Good luck to everyone!

Jen
238/235/140
Closed Thread