Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #1  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Default once an apple always an apple?

so im kind of apple shaped i dont remember being an apple shape when i was younger ( lowest adult weight 150 ) what i was wondering is does that mean that when i loose enough weight i will always be this way or will the top half of me eventually loose enough to match my lower half?

i know that evreyone is diffrent but in my specific case my legs are quite lean ( relativley ) my tummy and back is where i have alot of jiggle so i just wondered if that might mean that there is more fat to be lost there than elsewhere and if theres any chance that i have at being a more proportionate shape ?
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

You know what? I have no idea. I've always been an hourglass and I'm still an hourglass. Hmmm...
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #3  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

ughhhhhh your sooo lucky !
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #4  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm wondering about that myself, especially since I started to gain weight before I had a chance to see what having an actual figure would be like (around the time I hit puberty). My legs are relatively slender and I have no butt to speak of, the majority of my excess weight is in my upper half but mostly resides in my tummy; it's like halfway between looking pregnant and having a big muffin top. I'm hoping that I'll eventually get a waist that curves in instead of out.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #5  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

My swim instructor is an apple. She used to be heavier and lost weight but she is still an apple. She's in really great shape and looks wonderful.

I'm not sure if that means once an apple always an apple but it is in her case.

I'm an hourglass too.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #6  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

lolz @ no butt hahaaa i thought i was the only one with that problem .... you know what ive been doing to hide my no butt problem? alot of skirts ... yes my friend skirts will make you look like you have a bountiful behind specially A line styles or nice pleated short ones .... btw sirenity i saw your b4 and current pictures ... AMAZING ! your beautiful ... your hard work is really paying off !!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #7  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

shes a swim instructor im sure her body is well toned and what not .... im not sure ill ever be ok with mine ... ive been having so many down days idk ...

lucky hourglasses grrrrrrrr
Old 09-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNKEY_MUNKEY View Post
lolz @ no butt hahaaa i thought i was the only one with that problem .... you know what ive been doing to hide my no butt problem? alot of skirts ... yes my friend skirts will make you look like you have a bountiful behind specially A line styles or nice pleated short ones .... btw sirenity i saw your b4 and current pictures ... AMAZING ! your beautiful ... your hard work is really paying off !!
LOL!!! And wow, thanks!

You know, I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable in skirts just yet, maybe soon though. I do have a denim one sitting in my closet that I haven't tried on in the last 15 pounds or so, I should pull it out and see how it looks and feels!

My boyfriend says I actually have a "bony" butt! makes me wonder what it's gonna be like as I approach my goal.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Basic body shape/type is genetic.

That being said, you CAN reshape your body to a certain extent.
And, I found - started as hourglass. Menopause hit and I became an apple. Changed lifestyle - lost weight and exercised - regained hourglass.

So - WITHIN LIMITS - you can reshape your body.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I think of apple or pear as ways in which the body carries fat. So the less excess fat you carry, the less your body's propensity to carry in the middle or the bottom half matters or shows. I'm a classic apple - thin legs, fat middle. When I used to be thin I guess I'd describe my shape as athletic, not hourglass, but no longer apple-esque either. You will find, though, that your heaviest areas generally remain your heaviest right until the end, so apple you will likely be until you reach your goal.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

if you lose enough fat, it will come off in the middle too, it will just take more effort. those muffin tops are my worst spot.

like CD mentioned, you can shape your body with weight training. shaping your shoulders, building a booty with muscle. I've read it's best to stay away from oblique exercises for us apples, and work out core through planks and indirect ab work.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #12  

Hang in there...I have seen many apples and pears turn in to string beans
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #13  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

lmao ! thats the best post in here !!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #14  
Let's Get Going!!!

There is no way a person can remain an apple or pear if they lose enough weight! It is impossible. If the swim instructor lost just a bit more and did more core work, like she does the rest, she would lose it there too.

You will not always be an apple. I have been straight up and down and when I lose the weight, I get very curvy!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:08 AM   #15  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

When I lose weight, I'm still an apple, a little, short apple. If I wear trousers and a loose top, I look like a ball of knitting wool with a couple of needles poked in.
I get frustrated because, as I lose weight I start to buy fashion magazines with suggestions 'for every shape' - I can find full-busted; full hipped, long and skinny but never apple. I'd love to find a style to suit me, I too have (comparatively) slender legs and butt, actually not a horrendous bust but a huge appley mid-section.

However - I'll take lighter/smaller/fitter apple over Fat Apple any day! It's still worth it.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote