Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 AM   #1  
~*JSKA*~

S/C/G: 171/165/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Jorge Cruise "3 Hour Diet"

Has anyone ever heard of this?
I found it at my local library, so I checked it out.
So far, it looks okay.

Basically you eat every 3 hours. Cutting down to actual portion sizes.
There are also some cool "success stories" w/ pictures!!
Loseitforgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #2  
Jellybeanz

S/C/G: 253/241/140

Height: 5ft4in

well i havent heard of that diet, but it just seems to go on the principal that every "diet" and lifestyle change teaches. You are better to eat 6 smaller meals per day to give your body a constant energy supply instead of overloading it 3 times per day.
jellybeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #3  

I got all his books signed by him and all. its a good plan. i like it. but i got to get back to eating at times. ha good wishes with it. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/202.5/145

Height: 5'5

I just purchased the book today. I was kinda torn between the fat smash diet and the 3 hour diet. So I guess I will give the 3 hour diet a go first and for those final 10 to 20 pounds needed to be shed, I'll do the extreme fat smash diet. But it does seem very reasonable. I have so much weight to "release", but I feel I need to do something while I'm still young. Because of my weight I missed out on alot of milestones in high school, like going to home comings,Prom, and even Senior Pictures. So I ask that I can find a tight knit support team especially giving this diet a go, to help each other thru this.
nharden1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #5  

So I started this diet today and over the past couple days I've been reading his book (which I've finished), but there's somethings that I just don't understand. I can't really find any detailed information about people who've done this diet.

If there's anyone in here that could help me understand a little better I'd really appreciate it. There's a spot in his book where he demonstrates what 5 meals would look like stretched out through your day. It states over and over that your treat before bed/after dinner should be 50 calories, but the picture that's shown in the book is M&M's and he lists around twelve of them as a treat, but that's over 100 calories. So are the calories per meal not THAT strict as long I keep within my range and eat every 3 hours?
disingenuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #6  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Default I eat every 3 hours

I started eating every three hours on Jan1, 2009. I felt that I had a slow metabolism (don't we all? LOL) I know that when you eat every few hours that your metabolism speeds up. After doing this for several weeks I decided to google "eating every 3 hours" To my surprise I found Jorge's book The Three Hour Diet. Of course I bought it so I could read all about it. Basically it did have some good info in it but I don't agree on every thing he says. This is what I do know:
It's not a diet, it's a eating lifestyle.
If you stop eating every 3 hours you will gain weight.
I don't eat snacks...I actually eat small meals every 3 hours.
I have lost over 60 pounds and have gone from a size 18 to my
current size of 8. I am still losing weight and want to get to 150 pounds.
I have to tell everyone that this is the best and most easiest form of losing weight - I can't even begin to tell you. I am NEVER hungry, I eat what I want as I have nothing off limits (but I did cut out regular soda) I no longer binge eat at night and I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I wish I had figured this out years ago. I did all the fad diets and that's exactly what they are ...fad diet plans that cost you money. I could write a book about what I have learned by eating small meals every three hours. Oh and I know this sounds strange but I don't even exercise. I would love to hear from others who eat every 3 hours as well.
Marge
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #7  

I'm starting this way of eating also. I have hypoglycemia and a lot of insulin and the Dr told me this would be the best. I haven't gotten this book but I kind of know the principles.
Maybe I'll try checking it out of the library.
Also good job DelaFax!

Last edited by 2muchbackend; 09-08-2009 at 09:10 PM.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:10 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by delafax View Post
I started eating every three hours on Jan1, 2009. I felt that I had a slow metabolism (don't we all? LOL) I know that when you eat every few hours that your metabolism speeds up. After doing this for several weeks I decided to google "eating every 3 hours" To my surprise I found Jorge's book The Three Hour Diet. Of course I bought it so I could read all about it. Basically it did have some good info in it but I don't agree on every thing he says. This is what I do know:
It's not a diet, it's a eating lifestyle.
If you stop eating every 3 hours you will gain weight.
I don't eat snacks...I actually eat small meals every 3 hours.
I have lost over 60 pounds and have gone from a size 18 to my
current size of 8. I am still losing weight and want to get to 150 pounds.
I have to tell everyone that this is the best and most easiest form of losing weight - I can't even begin to tell you. I am NEVER hungry, I eat what I want as I have nothing off limits (but I did cut out regular soda) I no longer binge eat at night and I am HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. I wish I had figured this out years ago. I did all the fad diets and that's exactly what they are ...fad diet plans that cost you money. I could write a book about what I have learned by eating small meals every three hours. Oh and I know this sounds strange but I don't even exercise. I would love to hear from others who eat every 3 hours as well.
Marge
how long did it take you to lose 60 pounds eating every 3 hours?
Did you count calories, carbs, etc also?
fitandfabulousin2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #9  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

No I don't count calories or carbs or anything. I just eat small meals every 3 hours. It took me about 8 months to drop 60 pounds. I did cut out regular soda. Other than that I have no off limit foods. If I want it I eat it but just a very small portion.

Since I had so many friends asking me how I lost weight I created a blog at MySecretWeightLossPlan.com

Last edited by delafax; 10-20-2009 at 04:36 PM.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #10  

Hi delafax,

I'm intrigued by your success with eating every 3 hours. Could you please share an example of a typical day of meals is like for you? (I looked at your website but don't see this information.) Do you eat 'til you're full, or eat a certain amount or what?

Thanks and congratulations on your success!
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:38 PM   #11  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

I've seen it, but I haven't tried it. I did do the 8 Minutes in the Morning workout, and it really does work! I loved it.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/145/130

Height: 5' 7"

Does anyone have any recipes that will work on the 3 hour diet? Breakfast, lunch and especially dinner recipes that I can also serve my family.
Krillema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/150/125

Height: 5'4"

My boyfriend has this book, and I have skimmed it...I'm thinking of actually READING it as well now that I'm in more of the "wellness" mindset. The principles seem sound -- eating smaller well-balanced meals more often throughout the day makes sense.

Krillema -- The book does have recipes in the back, so if you're willing to purchase it or check it out of the library you'll have a few to start with. Good luck!
ATgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #14  

Eating small meals throughout the day do help boost your metabolism. It is also what Wendy Chant recommends in her book Crack the Fat Loss Code..I plan to start this next week! I'm so excited. Her book is really informative.

The first week is the deplete week where you have very little carbs.. it's getting you started and helping to break that carb addiction. The foods you eat...are foods you buy yourself and you choose your own plan. You will eat every couple of hours and have six meals a day. Some have lost a huge amount of weight the first week.....one woman lost 16 pounds! But, that of course isn't typical.

We have a support thread here for people who are following this plan. One lady lost 7 pounds the first week

What I like about it is that you are eating healthy foods and yes while the carbs are limited you are able to have them...but just in small portions and healthy options.

I just thought I would mention this here for those of you interested in this plan. Her book can give you more details. I bought mine off ebay real cheap good luck!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #15  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i did his 8 minutes in the morning plan and lasted about 3 weeks. it's the same diet. i HATE veggies with a passion so more than half my diet was lettuce and carrots cuz i don't eat any others. gag me. i did steal his every 3 hour idea and use that while i calorie count and that worked for me. if you like the foods he suggests, i think it's a fabulous diet. for me, though, it was horrible because he took out the only foods i like.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote