Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Default I want my grandchildren to see normal size grandmother

We just spent a wonderful week with our grandchildren. I wish I could have been more active with them though. I'd love to go on long walks, take a bike ride, play ball with them--but usually I end up just sitting in a chair most of the time when they're here because I'm so out of shape, have no energy, and am so bulky I can't keep up with them.

My grandchildren have never seen me at a "normal" size. I've always been very large.

One of my biggest wishes is to be able to get small enough so that the next time I see them (which will probably be next fall), it's noticeable, and I'm in better enough shape that I can do some active things with them.

I hope I can do this...
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

You can do it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:08 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
You can do it
Thank you, Onederchic. I was reading about your accomplishments last night---you're an encouragement and an inspiration!
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so very much
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #5  

What a wonderful goal!! And what a wonderful life lesson to teach your grandchildren! I'll be rooting for you!
kaybelle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Oh, Truffle

By next fall, you will be able to do all kinds of things with them! Wanting to do things with my grandchildren was high on my "wish" list when I first started on this journey. I am still a long way from my goal weight but losing 65 pounds has made a huge difference.

I just spent the weekend with my grandchildren too. I got down on the floor and played with them. I chased one around the yard. We went to a farm and picked peaches and apples. I even carried the little one while walking around. One day, my daughter and I took the boys on a long walk in the park.

I could not do any of those things last September! I was too big and my knees hurt too bad. This weekend I took one Aleve for my knees. ONE!

I feel so blessed to be able to do all this with them and really look forward to the future. If losing 65 pounds has made such a difference, how will it be when I have lost 130 pounds?

You can do this one day at a time. Those days that I did not want to exercise, I reminded myself of the things that I want to do with those kids! I missed out on so much with my children. I don't want to miss out with my grandchildren too!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #7  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 238/238/138

Height: 5'2

i know how you feel and i am in the same boat....this is a goal we can achieve together...hi i am new here and we can support each other...
cheri1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #8  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Hi Chen,

I just wanted to say "hi" to another 5'2" grandmother. You can do this too!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

My grandchildren was one of the biggest factors in my making the desciosn to lose the weight. My as of yet to be born grandchildren that is. My children were getting closer and closer to marriageable age and I want sooo badly to be a cool, active, energetic, productive, take them everywhere, get down on the floor with them - grandma. All the things I missed out with my own children. I decided I wasn't letting another generation go by with me being in the physical state that I was in.

You most certainly CAN do this. One thing I told myself early on in my journey when I was tempted to eat xyz. "I can and will forgo this so that I can have an extra day with my grandchildren."

But one thing really made me sad. You won't see them till next fall? That's rough. I hope you have a web cam.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

You can definately do this!

I think this of my own kids (they are 10, 4, 3 and 4 months!). I can't wait until it's nothing for me to run and play ball with them.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote