Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 08:57 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again.....#243

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:06 AM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Well ladies, I hate to post the new thread and run, but I saw we were reaching that magic # of 30, so I thought I'd start a new one! I am still OP and even did my walking video last night, so maybe I have pulled myself together. Have a wonderful day ladies and I am up for a chat anytime on Sunday or any other day......just let me know. Love you guys!
Old 11-21-2002, 09:27 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

HI guys.... walking out the door and had to get my "fix" before I left. LOL Have a GREAT day and see you Saturday.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:38 AM   #4  

Hello everyone!

Hey Sarah, I would love to look at your journal. Is there a web site address to log into?

Hi Tina and everyone, well I am going to do some work today!
Old 11-21-2002, 10:01 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Hi kids...

Just in from my friendly neighborhood dentist...I AM DONE!!! He put my new crown in and I feel like I can really bust out a huge smile without worrying about that gap showing... Now I just have to stop drinking so much coffee...yeccchhh! Does anybody use those "whitener strips?" Do they work? I'm going to give them a whirl. I have to get off nights, if only to save the whiteness of my teeth! Oh yeah...about THAT...getting off nights... I just heard from my friend about the job I've been waiting on...it seems that they have decided to make the position full time days, 6 am to 2:30. I can't do those hours...dh is not always here in the morning, I can't expect my son to get himself off to school everyday...geez, who'd be there to remind him every single day to brush his teeth?? I kind of had the feeling, in the back of my mind, that the other hours were just too good to be true...
Michelle, could you toss me one of your leftover jobs?

Well, I have to go to sleep now...got very little last night AND the night before...crash time starting now...

Did you girls talk about me after I left last night?? Oh good...that means you left poor Tina alone! I can't chat Saturday night, but Sunday afternoon is doable!

Bye all...

Oh yeah! Tontoy...find one of sara's old posts...underneath her avatar, you'll see a "journal" thingy to click on...that will lead you to the wonderful world of Sara!!! Happy reading!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-21-2002 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:31 AM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, ladies! It's been a fun morning. NOT! I had to go round and round with a couple of attorneys about an issue from my School Board days. Long story....no time.

Anyway, I was trying to get out of here and do some jobs, but so far that isn't happening. I have an apartment, a retail, and a CD audit. I also really need to do the grocery shopping that I was supposed to get out and do yesterday and flaked out on.

Had fun last night chatting with a few of you. I agree with Sara, it's funny how we've never met 'in the flesh' so to speak, but get along so well.

Baylee: Did you have any luck getting the colors to stay permanently? I'm terrible at trying to figure out 'preferences' when I go to a new site. I need 'plug and play' stuff. I'm not a directions reader. However, I probably would get on much better in life if I did take the time to read some instructions once in awhile.

2cute: I remember that movie. It was good. We must have both been sitting in front of the TV at the same time. Amazing what you can remember from when you were only 2 years old!

LuckyLadyBug: How can you not have something to say??? Impossible!!!

J-ann: Doesn't it feel great to be in control again?

Tina: Thanks for the new thread.

Tontoy: I have the ambition for work, but my procrastination gene kicks in and I don't get anything done. I hope you have better luck.

Katrina: That's really too bad about those job hours being changed. You were so looking forward to changing jobs. Something else will surely come along.

Well, girls, I guess I better get out of here before I waste the day away again. See you all later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-21-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:43 PM   #7  

Now listen to a story bout a man named....Tony!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehehehehehehe..that was for my favorite Queen....

Well, my sister will be here Sunday morning with ucky hubby....BUT I feel good today and I have no idea why....I got my TOM two weeks early and REALLY hate my job....not to mention my boss. So, from the way it sounds we need some serious "new job" vibes here.... So.....lets get to it, all of you with jobs you love (or like) think good jobs for the rest of us......

Too bad we can't start a business together...hmmmmm what would that be????? "We will find the pecker for you?" or "Bras are Us" or ?????????????????

Well, off to watch Friends.....
Old 11-21-2002, 08:03 PM   #8  
I'm on my way!

Kat I'm looking for someone to come work for me! I need one more person! the hours suck...9:45 to 6:15 and you have to work most saturdays but the job is fun!

I'm off to get something to eat and go to bed and hit the books...I am so far behind.

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-22-2002, 08:03 AM   #9  

My sister and her family will be here Sunday morning. At least I have today and Saturday to get ready...buy food, clean, and hopefully find some time to rest up.

What's everyone doing for the weekend?
Old 11-22-2002, 09:44 AM   #10  
Progress..not perfection

Hey all.....I'm here to report that I feel like a piece of crap today. Yup, that's right........a big, fat steaming pile of First of all, I'm on my TOM (like my Lucky) so that explains ALOT! Secondly, I went to to bed last night with a wet head.......got straight out of the shower and went to bed and woke up waterlogged this morning. I did really well yesterday as far as being OP, UNTIL I decided to eat a bologna sandwich. I had some points left and I was hungry, and believe it or not, I was actually craving a stupid bologna sandwich, so I decided rather that eat everything in the house trying to substitute for what I wanted and then STILL eat the sandwich, I would just go ahead and eat the stupid sandwich. So I do. And I think I'm doing ok. I used two regular slices of bread. (1st mistake) (3 points) I do use honey mustard instead of mayo, which was pretty good, but I decide to use two pieces of bologna.......thick sliced bologna, yet I think........." not too bad ". NOT TOO BAD? NOT TOO BAD?!! Those two slices of bologna cost me 13 points! MY BOLOGNA SANDWICH COST ME 16 POINTS! I thought I would pass out. So just for good measure, since I had already went way over my points, I just decided to really do myself in and ate two oatmeal cookies. So, my friends, you have just witnessed the babbling of someone who is over program, waterlogged and on her TOM!

Now that that is over............how are you all today? Wonderful, I hope. Better than me at least. Football season for Trey was finally over and when we went to his banquet this last Monday, his coach pulled him aside and asked him, "How would you like to play football a little longer?" Inside I'm thinking......"Lord...no...please" And don't get me wrong.....but football just wore me out this season. I was so glad when it was over. Three nights a week (Mon, Tues & Thurs) I was either going to some type of practice or a game, so I was really glad when it was finally over. Anyways, if I could stop babbling and actually finish this story.......Trey was drafted to an all star team! We had practice Tuesday night, we will have a scrimage tonight and then he will be in a "Turkey Bowl" on Saturday and Sunday. Pretty neat, huh?

Michelle: I'd like to work for you, but I'm just too wore out. Can I take a raincheck?

Lucky: This is me>>> wishing you not only good man vibes, but good JOB vibes. My job gets a little hectic sometimes, but overall, I love it. You know, it would be awesome if we could start a business together, but truthfully, would we ever get anything done? LOL

Thin:Have fun on your day out today, but try not to work too hard.

Kat: I haven't tried the whitening strips either, but let me know if they work. I have been wondering about them and would like to get some if it's worth it. Sorry about the job hours......and don't feel bad though. I have entrusted my dh to getting Trey off to school every morning since I went back to first shift.......God only knows how long it's been since he's brushed his teeth! Of course, that would also explain why dh AND Trey have decided to stay out of work and school today because they have diarrhea. Is it just me or are men really weak?

tontoy: Hey sweetie! Hope you have a good day today!

2cute: Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you Saturday!

Well guys, I'm out of here for now. This post has taken me almost two hours trying to answer the phone in between typing. Hello to everyone else........SaraJoy, Mary, Malia, J-ann, dollar and anyone else I missed. Have a wonderful OP day!
Old 11-22-2002, 11:57 AM   #11  

Default Tina, Tina, Tina!

Ahhh! I eat Bolonga every second day! The stuff I eat has 60 calories in 3 slices and 0.3 grams of fat. And it's yummy! (Read: even hubby likes it!) I'm not sure if you guys have it down there but if you're interested, I'm PM you with the brand.... advertising of any kind is not allowed, blah, blah, blah...

Back in a bit!
Sara
Old 11-22-2002, 12:54 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi,

I'm going to try to get in a few replies on my lunch time.

KAT: I've tried the whitening strips. The one's made by C***T(see, no name mentioned). They were easy to use but after about 9 or 10 days I had to stop cause my teeth got sensitive. Even with only 9 or 10 days my teeth looked a LOT better.

TINA wrote:
"Those two slices of bologna cost me 13 points! MY BOLOGNA SANDWICH COST ME 16 POINTS! I thought I would pass out. So just for good measure, since I had already went way over my points, I just decided to really do myself in and ate two oatmeal cookies. So, my friends, you have just witnessed the babbling of someone who is over program, waterlogged and on her TOM!"

Yup, Been there, done that!!!! It's in the past for you now. My down fall is usually "1 cookie and a small glass of OJ" around 9 at night. It can turn into MANY cookies or a big PBJ and 16 oz. of OJ if I'm not careful.

BAYLEE: Good luck at Mayo. Here's some loving
vibes : from me too.

Times up ..... I'll try to get back later.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:14 PM   #13  

Default Christmas Chicksters!

Okay. So I've PMed everyone with each other's addresses for the Christmas Card Exchange. If anyone finds any errors in their address, lemme know ASAP kay? OR... if anyone signed up and DIDN'T get a PM from me, lemme know that too because it certainly wasn't intentional! Da more, da merrier!

If anyone wants to join in, THERE'S STILL TIME! (You guys KNOW who I'm talking about!) I'd send out special PMs just for you!

Baylee: Good luck at the clinic today. You'll be in my thoughts.

Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 11-22-2002 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:51 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Talking Yay! It's Friday!

Hi friends...

First of all, thank you Sara for gathering and distributing names...You are da bomb! I have to come up with a picture too...so it may be a week or two before I get these out. I can't wait to hear from all of you! HO HO HO!

Dh and I just picked up our rental...a Toyota Camry...I love it!!! I told him to use my car and I'll use the Camry...the auto body shop said it may be 2 weeks before we get his car back. That's OK, insurance is covering the rental, take your time, boys!

We were going to go do some Christmas shopping for his family after that but I remembered (that I forgot!) I have library duty on Fridays...off I went while he ran some errands. I love doing that but boy, you sure come out of there feeling grimy and covered with "kid germs:" little sneezy hands and coughed on books...yick...

I just got a call from my darling daughter...she needs a ride home from school...I'll be back later...
Old 11-22-2002, 05:41 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Boy, have I been lazy this week. I worked a bit each day, but nothing spectacular. And I'm free of the theatre this weekend. WooHoo! Don't get me wrong, I like being a 'showgirl', but it is time consuming even though the pay is good. It's just nice to have the weekend off. Maybe I can cattle prod DH into getting something done around the house.

I was very cold and the wind was horrendous today. I'm so needing to clean out my flower beds. Yes, I have not done that yet! YIKES. And now all the plants are mushy from the rain, snow and frost. I hate cutting back mushy vegetation!

Lucky: Just keep focusing on the visit with your sister and leave the 'ucky' BIL to himself. I'm sure since they are from out of town that a nice long visit with your sister is just the thing to brighten your spirits.

Michelle: Too bad I'm so far away. I'm always up for a new job. But I think that would be a bit of a commute for me.

Baylee: Too bad about the colors, but it's nice to have a site to ourselves. We'll deal with the colors. * It's good to know that your hip isn't 'Arthur', but it would be nice to know that you could fix it. Were you the one that asked about Glucosamine and Chondroitin??? I started taking it for my knees, but boy I can tell in my hip and back when I haven't taken it for a couple of days.

Tina: Honey, don't get so crazy on yourself about the bologna. It was one sandwich, out of one day, out of one week. Move on! Does anybody else sing the little Oscar Meyer jingle when they spell 'bologna'? It's probably just me.

Sara: I always look for the low cal, lighter lunch meats too, there's lots of them out there.

J-ann: I would love to give up the 9:00 snack. I sure do know what you mean. And since I've been trying to be more 'aware' these past couple of weeks, I'm noticing I'm not even 'hungry' then, I just eat. It must be a habit.....a very BAD habit! One I'm not ready...........or willing to break right now, I guess because I'm still doing it, even though I'm aware!!!

Katrina: Glad the rental is working out well. It's always nice to drive a new car. What a blessing that your DH wasn't hurt.

Well girls, guess I better go. I've been piddling around here for awhile now and I need to get my two jobs worth of paperwork done before honey gets home from work.

Hey, BTW, do you guys think the 'advertising ban' includes brand names of stuff we use? I'm not sure, but I think the 'spirit' of the ban is advertising stuff we sell and would profit from. I don't know about you guys, but it's helpful to me when you guys say "brand X fat free salad dressing is really tasty". I hate trying stuff that I don't have a recommendation for.

Ok, now I'm really running. Love to all.
Closed Thread